Just watched Batman vs Superman for the 2nd time, and it's not as bad as we thought

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
nikkas still complaining about BvS nearly a year later?

For a movie that people calm is forgettable, a lot of you guys seem to talk about it a lot

:mjlol:
The thread was started by someone giving the movie props and he added a 'My Pillow' spokesman narrative that we all feel the same after waking up . . . uh I mean watching again.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
The thread was started by someone giving the movie props and he added a 'My Pillow' spokesman narrative that we all feel the same after waking up . . . uh I mean watching again.

:manny: still funny people get so mad over the movie. You would think Zack fukked their moms and called them son :heh:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Joint was dope to me :yeshrug:

I still find it hard to believe that people think Batman stopped because their mom shares the same first name. Bruce saw Superman as a god/monster and finding out he had a human mother and was just trying to save her humanized him in Bruce's eyes. In a way, Bruce saw that saving Martha Kent as a way of saving his mother. They didnt show Bruce's nightmares of his parents dying for nothing.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

I still find it hard to believe that people think Batman stopped because their mom shares the same first name. Bruce saw Superman as a god/monster and finding out he had a human mother and was just trying to save her humanized him in Bruce's eyes. In a way, Bruce saw that saving Martha Kent as a way of saving his mother. They didnt show Bruce's nightmares of his parents dying for nothing.
How did he know Supes Mom wasn't an alien tho? They both look human.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How did he know Supes Mom wasn't an alien tho? They both look human.
You wouldn't think someone from another planet having a name that originated from the aramaic language. Even if she was alien she was in danger and Superman was trying do what Bruce couldn't when he was powerless in preventing his parents from being killed

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You won't think someone from another planet having a name that originated from the aramaic language. Even if she was alien she was in danger and Superman was trying do what Bruce couldn't when he was powerless in preventing his parents from being killed

And while I don't think the movie was crazy dope, that whole aspect is definitely one that was obvious to me from jump. Bruce wanted to do for his moms what he couldn't for his own. Now while the execution may have been a bit off, I got the point and I appreciated it. Like you said, humanize a guy who's damn near devoid of it at this point in his life, and allow him to "redeem" himself since Bruce has always, in some way, blamed himself for his parents death. Made complete sense to me that it was more than their moms having the same name. But Bruce has been trying to "save Martha" since he put on that cowl

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

:ohhh:

But even Hitler had a mom. :francis:

It's a dumb fukking scene, a dumb fukking plot but has an awesome third act aside from the boring funeral shyt. People mad they did doomsday wrong but his fight with bats, supes and ww was dope af. I can watch that climax every time it's on HBO but I haven't even had the urge to watch civil war over since seeing in opening weekend.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

It's a dumb fukking scene, a dumb fukking plot but has an awesome third act aside from the boring funeral shyt. People mad they did doomsday wrong but his fight with bats, supes and ww was dope af. I can watch that climax every time it's on HBO but I haven't even had the urge to watch civil war over since seeing in opening weekend.

I don't think it's just about "even Hitler having a mom" as much as it's about Bruce realizing he had a chance to do something actually noble and saving a parent from the same fate as his has always been the ultimate goal. He became batman so that nobody has to deal with what he dealt with, whether they're 8, 28, 38, or whatever. The idea of losing a parent hits him hard. Now again was it executed properly? Not to me. There are definitely things they could've and possibly should've done in that scene to get there properly but like you said, it sets up a fun third act

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
If you ain't watching the extended cut and call this a good movie then you can swim in a swamp of shyt because that's exactly how your taste is.

I can never watch that horrific theatrical cut. shyt was the worst movie I ever saw in theaters. :scust:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

who thought Hitler was an unstoppable superpowered godlike being?:jbhmm:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
If there is an even 1% chance he is our enemy . . . . blah blah blah blah flew out the window once he found out both their Mom's had the same oh so common name of Martha. :mjlol:
And Lex creates Doomsday to kill all the heroes but has 0 contingency plans if his plan actually worked. :mjlol:

Superman never uses his X Ray vision and stews while hundreds burn to death because he was all in his feelings and not looking for any threats. :mjlol:

Bruce Wayne's man in charge at the Wayne Enterprises building asks if he should leave while aliens tear down Metropolis. :mjlol:

No one knows who Superman is until you know they HAVE TO and then everyone knows and they always knew deep down. :mjlol:

Superman gives a speech to Lois before a final fight about dying KNOWING Doomsday is going to kill him and he wasn't going to try to survive. Isn't that called suicide?! :mjlol:

The movie tried to be deep but just came off really dumb.
have batman training shirtless in the batcave to destroy superman only for them to become BFFs after he learns they mommas got the same name :mjlol:

i cant take you seriously off top if you defending BvS :mjlol:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I don't think it's just about "even Hitler having a mom" as much as it's about Bruce realizing he had a chance to do something actually noble and saving a parent from the same fate as his has always been the ultimate goal. He became batman so that nobody has to deal with what he dealt with, whether they're 8, 28, 38, or whatever. The idea of losing a parent hits him hard. Now again was it executed properly? Not to me. There are definitely things they could've and possibly should've done in that scene to get there properly but like you said, it sets up a fun third act
That's the point, it's not executed properly so it comes off as dumb. I knew what Snyder wanted but he sucks at shyt like that. I can forgive the scene because it leads to the best part of the film which should have been the fight between bats and supes. Just one of those movies that will live in infamy and possibly when the smoke clears, might end up being the best DC film in this universe they building.
:lolbron:
I don't have much hope for JL and WW I just have no interest in. hopefully I'm wrong cuz I wanna see dope movies period.