Just watched Batman vs Superman for the 2nd time, and it's not as bad as we thought

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's a movie that just can't get out of its own way. What's unfortunate is that there are elements of a dope movie in there, but it's not put together in a way that allows it to be the movie it could have been. It's basically like a film version of the Darth Kermit meme.

Good Kermit: Hey, we're almost two movies in and this senate hearing would be a great chance for Superman to share his sentiments. Moreover, for him to express how he sees himself in the context of our world. He really hasn't expressed anything in two movies.

full
fukk that. Blow that bytch up before he can speak.

Good Kermit: Hey, this movie has a very serious tone. It's obviously a movie that takes itself seriously, and we want to make sure that the casting and character [portrayals reflect that.

full
fukk that. Make Zuckerberg doing a Riddler impression the villain.

Good Kermit: This movie posits some interesting philosophical questions about the nature of being benevolent, all-powerful or a God. Maybe we could explore these these themes? Even in antiquity God's are usually responsible for some mechanical function of the world. Whether, it's being responsible for the tides, the sun rising and setting, or the potency of wine. Superman in that context isn't a God.

full
fukk that. That nikka a God. Pops named him Kal-El.

And on and on.
Hilarious. Snyder in a nutshell. :mjlol:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:russ:

the movie was a failure. certain nikkas will stay coppin pleas cause they just cant accept it ended up being trash after all those years of hyping it up

got nikkas in here sayin "well i can forgive this cause....", or "but thats alright because..." :mjlol:

nikkas defend this shyt like parents defending their child :mjlol:

Niqqaz was talking a lot of shyt like this movie was going to change the game more than a year ahead of its release and it fell flat on it's face. You can personally like it but try to say it was consensus good and re-writing history? NA, we can't let that shyt slide. :ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The differences, are huge.
  • No hero died/killed them self when EVERYONE knows they are coming back
  • No one created an almost unstoppable beast to kill anyone, the villain actually did the opposite
  • The dispute was over something more substantial than whatever Bats and Supes were fighting over
  • No hero stewed in his own feelings while 100s burned alive around him
  • No stupid love story

let me stop you right there fukk boi.

Everyone knew Superman was coming back? You mean like everyone knew Fury wasn't dead? :francis:

No one created a beast? You mean like Tony ain't create Utron? :what: AND the Hulk didn't kill a gang of nikkas and they STILL haven't found his whereabouts?

No stupid love story? You mean like Black Widow and Hulk for..... reasons? :mjlol:

No heroes stewing? You mean like Stark and Cap ain't spend the whole first hour of Civil War pissing and moaning about what's right or wrong :dahell:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Loved it more on second and third watches.

Extended edition is great.

Most under rated film of the last 10 years.

But the DC hate hive mind is in full swing.

I've said from the beginning once the pop culture hysteria of hate of DC passes this film will be looked back at completely different.

These type of threads and changes in opinion are going to keep coming.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
They both have a lot of the same criticisms that people choose to ignore on civil war. nikkas talk about the justice league intros being lazy as fukk but that weak ass spiderman shyt gets a pass? :dahell: it's the exact same shyt.

neither movie is good but on the re-watches this movie was better than civil war to me. idk if i was caught up in the opening night hype or what but civil war was straight trash when i watched it on Netflix yesterday.
Yup.

I rewatched civil war and realized how boring it is.

It's a deeply flawed film. The airport scene is so over the top and cartoony that it doesn't even feel like it's from the same film. It's awful in context.

Bvs gets better with rewatches.

Suicide squad got worse on a rewatch.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:what: Nobody gives a fukk about Doomsday. He is a one dimensional villain, always has been. He was used as a device to get Superman/Batman/WW to work together. It was perfectly fine
That always cracks me up

Doomsday was fine. Because doomsday fukking sucks anyway he's just a mindless monster. And that's exactly what he was in the film. You can't mess up his character because he doesn't have one. Doomsday was always a plot device to kill superman and that's exactly what he was in the film.

The one complaint that is legit is jesse just because that isn't lex luthor from the comics.

So if you're a comic purist it's a legit criticism. But,most these people aren't.

Zack Said from the beginning this wasn't any lex you had seen so in that context jesse was fine,he played the role that was written.

I liked him but that's me, I don't mind different takes. I like it.

Those same people have no problem with zemo though,even though he's nothing like the comic version. :mjlol:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
This thread only tells me one thing that will ALWAYS keep these "DC fans" (or whatever the fukk) lagging behind all upset and shyt.
Why are you muthafukkas THE 1ST people to go off and bring up Marvel in all YOUR DC THREADS?!?!
Kinda counter productive ass shyt... ? :what:

I could only imagine thats what the folks making these terrible movies are doing behind the scenes too.

Some pathetic ass shyt