Just In Case You Aint E'en Know It...PS4 Has Cloud Computing As Well

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
that kind of "cloud gaming" is what Sony is trying to do with Gaikai. M$'s "cloud computing" is kinda different. there could still be latency issues, but it wouldn't as noticeable since the majority of the game, and the interface, is client side. it's pretty much the same way most MMO's works

this is why I think they should have come up with a different term, or way to describe what they're doing

Nah it's basically the same thing. MS is using the servers as cloud processing in the background of games and eventually wants to off-load more of the processing power to the servers.

I don't think we're at that point where tech can seemlessly share processing power between servers located thousands of miles away and end user systems. And it's not even really about how fast your internet speed is because there's going to be some lag between sending the information, having it calculated, and returned, even with gigabit internet.

MS idea behind this is to extend the life of this gen by having it cloud-enhanced instead of giving end users more hardware. They're gonna have to have something really revolutionary to pull that off and we haven't seen a lick of how it works.

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
You are saying a bunch of nothing here. In 7 years or so that PSN has been around. It's been hacked multiple times and its gone offline for extended periods multiple times. How could you say the service is reliable and secure? These are not one time events, they are recurring that have still not been addressed. If you feel comfortable paying for this service then to right ahead. But if you think things will "just be better" without explanation from Sony, then you must believe that things will just get better for Microsoft as well.

*going to try to be as unbiased as possible*

things will get better for both systems. people keep going back and forth about all this bullshyt from the last generation like it really matters. both of these systems will be so much better than ps3/x360. the problems psn faced won't be a problem. they've both (:comeon:) had security problems, and it will always be a problem with anything internet related. msfts always been more active about it but in the long run theres nothing you can really do about it. hopefully with ps+ being a paid service their better about it. and live has always been better :manny: but i dont see it getting much better besides an updated ui. honestly both online experiences are great for the casual gamer. i basically only play games online on psn and have never really had any major problems. sometimes lobby's get fukked up on bo2 or ncaa and 2k can be laggy at times but its not as big of a deal as you're making it out to be.

but the bigger point is in this new generation of systems most of the shyt you're talking about will be irrelevant. both ps4 and xbox users will have to pay for an online service. all the extra shyt will be cool for people who care about all that. cross chat for xbox users and the share button for ps users and more things we don't even know about yet. cloud gaming will be an advantage for ms and the more powerful system will be an advantage for the ps4. as time goes on we'll see what really makes the difference. and who's to say sony won't implement cloud gaming more into the online experience or msft won't make an updated more powerful system.

but from my standpoint, right now, im still riding with ps just strictly because it's the stronger gaming system, ps+ has proven to be more worth the money, cheaper price, and familiarity :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
*going to try to be as unbiased as possible*

things will get better for both systems. people keep going back and forth about all this bullshyt from the last generation like it really matters. both of these systems will be so much better than ps3/x360. the problems psn faced won't be a problem. live has always been better :manny: but i dont see it getting much better besides an updated ui. honestly both online experiences are great for the casual gamer. i basically only play games online on psn and have never really had any major problems. sometimes lobby's get fukked up on bo2 or ncaa and 2k can be laggy at times but its not as big of a deal as you're making it out to be.

but the bigger point is in this new generation of systems most of the shyt you're talking about will be irrelevant. both ps4 and xbox users will have to pay for an online service. all the extra shyt will be cool for people who care about all that. cross chat for xbox users and the share button for ps users and more things we don't even know about yet. cloud gaming will be an advantage for ms and the more powerful system will be an advantage for the ps4. as time goes on we'll see what really makes the difference. and who's to say sony won't implement cloud gaming more into the online experience or msft won't make an updated more powerful system.

but from my standpoint, right now, im still riding with ps just strictly because it's the stronger gaming system, ps+ has proven to be more worth the money, cheaper price, and familiarity :manny:

I agree with this entire post.

My only point has been that people grab pitchforks and rage when talking about Microsoft yet with Sony it's "that won't be a problem any more" and no one even expects Sony to address past problems. I find it very hypocritical for ps stans to talk about RROD and security issues with xbox without, addressing issues with their console of choice.

FreshABM

Dollaz make Sense $$ ABM Commas After My Commas
Daps
Reppin
ABM Headquarters The Flossy Life
@Rekkapryde :salute: at Rekka's troll game....The threads...the time the threads are made :russ:

So sony has cloud...do you really expect it to work anywhere like Xbox??? Don't you know the xbox is always online for a reason????

Playstation Stans = Mr.Me Too

Last edited by a moderator:

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
I agree with this entire post.

My only point has been that people grab pitchforks and rage when talking about Microsoft yet with Sony it's "that won't be a problem any more" and no one even expects Sony to address past problems. I find it very hypocritical for ps stans to talk about RROD and security issues with xbox without, addressing issues with their console of choice.

i edited my post to talk about online security and hopefully sony fixes it. but let's not act like live never had any problems either. they were more on top of it because people paid and expected it to be up 100% of the time but with ps+ being mandatory and paid now it should help.

i dont really see the differences between xb1 and ps4 being about how good the systems and the online play are, because they'll both be fukking amazing. the real differences are in the extra services they provide. do you wanna be able to connect your satellite box and snap back and forth between gaming and tv or be able to do all the shyt the share button can do (live chat, stream, record, let friends play for you, etc) :manny:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Nah it's basically the same thing. MS is using the servers as cloud processing in the background of games and eventually wants to off-load more of the processing power to the servers.

I don't think we're at that point where tech can seemlessly share processing power between servers located thousands of miles away and end user systems. And it's not even really about how fast your internet speed is because there's going to be some lag between sending the information, having it calculated, and returned, even with gigabit internet.

MS idea behind this is to extend the life of this gen by having it cloud-enhanced instead of giving end users more hardware. They're gonna have to have something really revolutionary to pull that off and we haven't seen a lick of how it works.

I'm just saying that it's different from "cloud gaming", like "onlive", where the whole game is running on the cloud. the latency really becomes an issue then, because all the input and output has to travel back and forth over a network

some of the things they're doing, like having your Forza AI race while you're not playing, wouldn't be affected by latency at all. the other MMO like stuff, has been tested, and works well as long as you have a decent connection (i.e. good enough to play multiplayer games). if they're smart, they have it deal with calculations that won't be affected by latency. like they could use it to tell the AI where to go next, but calculate the exact route client side. they just have to make sure they do it with stuff that doesn't need to be updated every millisecond

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
i edited my post to talk about online security and hopefully sony fixes it. but let's not act like live never had any problems either. they were more on top of it because people paid and expected it to be up 100% of the time but with ps+ being mandatory and paid now it should help.
I agree. I'm just saying people who like to complain on the Internet should also complain that Sony has not addressed what they are doing to make it better.

i dont really see the differences between xb1 and ps4 being about how good the systems and the online play are, because they'll both be fukking amazing. the real differences are in the extra services they provide. do you wanna be able to connect your satellite box and snap back and forth between gaming and tv or be able to do all the shyt the share button can do (live chat, stream, record, let friends play for you, etc) :manny:
The Xbox 1 can do all of the "share button" stuff as well, they even showed it off at the reveal. Sony has only said the stuff will be available, but they have not said how/when it will be implemented.

Before e3 the narative was that Xbox didn't care about games cause they didn't show manny at the reveal. Using that logic would it be valid to conclude that Sony doesn't care about PSN or the share button because they are not talking about them? (I don't feel this way, I'm just trying to get you to see how laughable the faux Internet outrage about the X1 is)

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You are saying a bunch of nothing here. In 7 years or so that PSN has been around. It's been hacked multiple times and its gone offline for extended periods multiple times. How could you say the service is reliable and secure? These are not one time events, they are recurring that have still not been addressed. If you feel comfortable paying for this service then to right ahead. But if you think things will "just be better" without explanation from Sony, then you must believe that things will just get better for Microsoft as well.

No breh, your saying a bunch of nothing, none of that shyt has affected me. Psn is a pretty good service for free. I don't get anymore lag than you do online.

Psn was down once, two years ago, that's all I ever remember dealing with. Psn has problems, I get that, but not huge issue that have to be corrected or the system doesn't work. shyts actually not bad at all, never heard a psn user shyt on the service nearly as much as you Xbox nikkas do:why: you nikkas don't even use the shyt, how do you know? Google told you?

So yeah, if Sony says they will use my money to better the service, then ill trust them, it actually hasn't been bad in 4 years and I pay for plus anyway( well worth the deal). If they don't then fukk em. I'm saving for a PC anyway.

However if Microsoft is gonna put it out there that they purposely didn't make the best gaming system, and instead spent resources on the fukking kinect and making that shyt mandatory( the disdain I have for motion controls is boundless), then I'm not gonna fukk with them until they smartenup.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
@Rekkapryde :salute: at Rekka's troll game....The threads...the time the threads are made :russ:

So sony has cloud...do you really expect it to work anywhere like Xbox??? Don't you know the xbox is always online for a reason????

Playstation Stans = Mr.Me Too

I've been working on the west coast the last month plus and I couldn't sleep last night after my flight to Calgary, so perfect combo for :troll: and stannin'

:win:

Last edited by a moderator:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So yeah, if Sony says they will use my money to better the service, then ill trust them, it actually hasn't been bad in 4 years and I pay for plus anyway( well worth the deal). If they don't then fukk em. I'm saving for a PC anyway.
Point is they have not said this. That's all I've been trying to say. If they are going to charge for online play then they should be talking about these issues, and fans should expect them to.

However if Microsoft is gonna put it out there that they purposely didn't make the best gaming system, and instead spent resources on the fukking kinect and making that shyt mandatory( the disdain I have for motion controls is boundless), then I'm not gonna fukk with them until they smartenup.
That's your opinion, but to most of the rest of the world innovative ways to interact with games/entertainment are much more important than a couple extra polygons that they wouldn't notice anyway.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Point is they have not said this. That's all I've been trying to say. If they are going to charge for online play then they should be talking about these issues, and fans should expect them to.

That's your opinion, but to most of the rest of the world innovative ways to interact with games/entertainment are much more important than a couple extra polygons that they wouldn't notice anyway.

lol @ "couple" of extra polygons.....we talking MINIMUM OG Xbox - PS2 graphics comparison bruh. MS even admitted they half assed on the hardware yet YALL CONTINUE TO GIVE THESE CLOWNS A PASS!!! :mindblown:

There's also a reason that Gamestop doesn't even accept Kinect device trade ins anymore. shyt is trash. No one uses that shyt for hardcore gaming. shyt is
mysmilie_537.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
lol @ "couple" of extra polygons.....we talking MINIMUM OG Xbox - PS2 graphics comparison bruh. MS even admitted they half assed on the hardware yet YALL CONTINUE TO GIVE THESE CLOWNS A PASS!!! :mindblown:

Not true at all. Devs have already said this won't be the case. And launch games prove it.

There's also a reason that Gamstop doesn't even accept Kinect trade ins anymore. shyt is trash. No one uses that shyt for hardcore gaming. shyt is
mysmilie_537.gif
:ohhh:So you'll accept Sony saying "PSN will be better"(even though they have not actually said it) but when Microsoft, journalists and devs say the kinect is better they are lying.

:pachaha: you stans are funny

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

Cloud streaming and cloud computing is two totally different things.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Not true at all. Devs have already said this won't be the case. And launch games prove it.

:ohhh:So you'll accept Sony saying "PSN will be better"(even though they have not actually said it) but when Microsoft, journalists and devs say the kinect is better they are lying.

:pachaha: you stans are funny

no one is saying the kInect 2 wont be much better than the kinnect.. were saying that we just dont give enough of a fukk about the MANDATORY Kinnect PERIOD, especially with it somehow justifying a $100 price increase because they forcing you to bundle it

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Cloud streaming and cloud computing is two totally different things.

Yes, but it totally said cloud computing. Cloud computing is very similar to hosting the apps (or games in this case). It's truthfully no different than dedicated servers (which does the same things that cloud computing does).