Just In Case You Aint E'en Know It...PS4 Has Cloud Computing As Well

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
I'm just saying that it's different from "cloud gaming", like "onlive", where the whole game is running on the cloud. the latency really becomes an issue then, because all the input and output has to travel back and forth over a network

some of the things they're doing, like having your Forza AI race while you're not playing, wouldn't be affected by latency at all. the other MMO like stuff, has been tested, and works well as long as you have a decent connection (i.e. good enough to play multiplayer games). if they're smart, they have it deal with calculations that won't be affected by latency. like they could use it to tell the AI where to go next, but calculate the exact route client side. they just have to make sure they do it with stuff that doesn't need to be updated every millisecond

I understand the difference between onlive and what MS is doing. But there is no MMO or any other group that's doing what XB1 is claiming they can do with the cloud. In the US we don't even have the kind of network infrastructure to handle that kinda workload on that scale. So in any situation you would probably be seriously bottle-necked by the network.

Their whole idea to to steadily increase server workload over time to improve the quality of games. So that means even more is going to be off-loaded to the servers and I highly doubt they have to tech to do that well.

Look at EA and Sim City whole "server processing" that was proven to be bullshyt just to prevent piracy. Maxis Insider: EA Lying About Needing Servers For Single Player SimCity | Techdirt

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope. Devs don't have to pay M$ to use the servers. M$ basically made it so all to work is done, devs just have to use it. Add that to the fact that ALL X1 users will have the Internet and "cloud enhanced" will be an Xbox exclusive feature:win:

What enhancements have been confirmed

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cloud computing means always on games. Thats the stuff i dont LIKE. Lemme own that, friend.

It sounds ill… but I think they are lying. Cloud sucks in real life. Ask onlive

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What enhancements have been confirmed

Titanfall: Respawn's 'second skin' | Polygon

"One of the new things … is taking advantage of the cloud to put our dedicated servers there, to eliminate things like host advantage and things like that, and introduce more stable experiences for our players," Zampella says. But Titanfall’s server-based backbone goes beyond the traditional benefits of dedicated servers for multiplayer games. "It allows us to offload all AI processing, all that single-player stuff, onto the cloud."

The "single-player stuff" Zampella alludes to includes the basic scripting and control of the world itself. All non-player activity is determined server-side, whether it’s AI "popcorn" or the massive ships that often hover over the battlefield. There are multiple practical benefits to this arrangement. Instead of having world events determined in one player’s session and uploading that information to the multiplayer server, which would then be distributed to each player, locational and movement data for the various parts of Titanfall are distributed to each player simultaneously.

"Being able to know we have those servers available allows us to focus on other things," Baker says. It also frees up system resources for the game running on a console or PC. "Before we decided to do that, our plan was to have (two of six available) threads dedicated to that, to running the 'server' on one of the (player) clients. It gives us more CPU available on the console than we’d have."

"I don’t know that we would have tried this game, had we not had access to the cloud and the servers that it gives us," Emslie said.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That sounds pretty good but that won't close the gap between gdr5. It's like the background stuff but no actual game

:comeon:
You don't even no what "the gddr5 gap" is. And cloud computing has nothing to do with closing that gap.

As of right now Forza is running at 60fps 1080p and looking amazing:blessed: Whereas Drive Club is running at 30fps and looking like trash:scusthov: That's real life performance, damn what the on paper specs say.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:comeon:
You don't even no what "the gddr5 gap" is. And cloud computing has nothing to do with closing that gap.

As of right now Forza is running at 60fps 1080p and looking amazing:blessed: Whereas Drive Club is running at 30fps and looking like trash:scusthov: That's real life performance, damn what the on paper specs say.

Love some forza but you are right but I know the difference between gdr5 and ddr3. As long as there is a difference they need to bridge that gap.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No debate there... Forza does look better but it's gonna all be about how multiplats look and play

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Every single Ps4 game looked good. Some Xb1 games looked amazing. Some were cool. I think Drive Club looked good. The premise sounds wack though

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
GT6 looks better than Forza 5.......game doesn't even have fukkin weather effects, no day and night cycles and no auctionhouse!!!!

MS forcing T10 to do a rushjob on that shyt. :rudy: