Jokic would have 5-6 rings if he played with Wade,Bosh,KD, Klay etc…

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
This is true. You play who is in front of you, and Jokic is obviously dominant and would be regardless. But the one sore spot I have for him (and it's not his fault) is the lack of him having to go up against Shaqs, Dikembes, Robinsons, Olajuwons, Mournings and hell even people like Daughertys and Smits multiple times a year. It's pretty much Embiid (who is in a different conference) and that's it.
:mjlol:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I was halfway :troll: with the ASG point. That's why I said Fun Fact :pachaha:

My point was that I disagree with the notion that Bron would have multiple championships if he had the roster Joker had. He wouldn't.

Take an 18 year old Bron and place him on the Nuggets in 2015. Go back and look at that roster. From 2015 to 2022, as Bron's career progresses what year would he win with that year's Nugget team considering the flaws they had then?

Denver took time to come together. Murray and MPJ missed alot of time. They had to make moves to build around Joker. 2023 was the first time everything came to fruition.
The '07 Hercules job to make the Finals should say enough.

Denver's roster in Jokic's first 5 years >>Cleveland's roster in Bron's first 5. People forget Murray was drafted 1 year after Jokic. Porter was drafted 3 years after Jokic.

Bron probably would have 2 to this point going for a 3rd. Anything more would be ignoring the existence of Golden State.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I do agree that Joker doesn't have a traditionally great team around him
They play together as a team, playing off each other's strengths and covering for their weaknesses.
I go in that Laker thread, nikkas whining about Rui, Taurus etc all year they wanted to trade Dlo :mjlol:
Like who yall think Gordon, Brown, KCP is, the Monstars?

Yea, agreed they have a great team as far as synergy. They’re just not a super team or have the talent monopoly that past all timers had on their team to stock up on rings. Which is why it’ll be interesting to see how far DEN goes these next few years.

Take Murray for example, he steps it up miraculously in the post-season compared to his regular season but nobody is putting him on the level of Kobe, Wade, Magic, Steph, AD, etc. or even as a top 15 player. So they have to hope this night n day ish continues.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Outside of Embiid what modern centers are on their level? Jokic would certainly get the best of both more often than not but the point is that he doesn’t even have to face big men of their caliber regularly. And to be clear I think he’ll likely retire top 5 and maybe top 3. But it’s not absurd to point to the lack of quality center competition in this era.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outside of Embiid what modern centers are on their level? Jokic would certainly get the best of both more often than not but the point is that he doesn’t even have to face big men of their caliber regularly. And to be clear I think he’ll likely retire top 5 and maybe top 3. But it’s not absurd to point to the lack of quality center competition in this era.
The idea that Rik Smits would be a Top 4 center in 2024 is enough to not take you serious :mjlol:

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Not necessarily.

Fun fact, Mo Williams and Ilgauskas have more ASG appearances combined than anybody on Denver's roster.

Murray and MPJ both have spent a good portion of their time in the league dealing with career threatening injuries. Gordon was drafted by Orlando and KCP has stops in Detroit, Washington and LA before settling in Denver.

This Denver roster took time to build, develop and stay healthy
That's because Denver's entire roster outside of their 2 stars is a solid A-. Those Cavs teams outside of LeBron were legitimately a C+ and even that is generous.

That's another reason why counting all-star nods is nuts. Zydronas made that shyt twice. Once the year before Bron got to Cleveland, and again in the 04-05 season when Cleveland missed the fukking playoffs.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People talking about top 10 and 15 can't see the forest from the trees :russ:

I see the heavy coping already starting from certain fanbases who deep down know he will be in that top 2 convo at this current pace for another 4-5 years.

Jokic is not top 2. We don’t consider Kareem top 2 and his resume speaks for itself. Jokic has top 10 potential no doubt though.

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the bigs this era are absolute trash.

AD got put in a blender via the same move multiple times.

Jokic is nice, but he benefits from the lack of competition at the high end
Yep!! I think Jokic is top 10 center of all time, but outside Embiid and Gobert (which I admit he kills) he hasn't played big man competition like centers pre 2000s...