Jokic would have 5-6 rings if he played with Wade,Bosh,KD, Klay etc…

SymbolicOne09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hes got a good chance to enter the goat convo if he 3peats. If he doesnt but ends up with 4 rings thats a convo too :mjpls:

93 til

Superstar
Daps
The '07 Hercules job to make the Finals should say enough.

Denver's roster in Jokic's first 5 years >>Cleveland's roster in Bron's first 5. People forget Murray was drafted 1 year after Jokic. Porter was drafted 3 years after Jokic.

Bron probably would have 2 to this point going for a 3rd. Anything more would be ignoring the existence of Golden State.

That's because Denver's entire roster outside of their 2 stars is a solid A-. Those Cavs teams outside of LeBron were legitimately a C+ and even that is generous.

That's another reason why counting all-star nods is nuts. Zydronas made that shyt twice. Once the year before Bron got to Cleveland, and again in the 04-05 season when Cleveland missed the fukking playoffs.

Can't look at it from simply a 2024 lens. Gotta go year by year. Place rookie Bron on the 2015-16 Nuggets, which was Joker's rookie year.

Forget winning a ring, they wouldn't even get out of the West.

2016. Do they beat OKC or 73-9 GS? No.
2017. Do they beat Houston or GS who added KD? No.
2018. Do they beat Houston or GS? No.
2019. Do they beat GS (Before season ending injuries to Klay and KD because it happened in the Finals)? No.
2020. Do they beat the Clippers or Lakers? No. MPJ is a bench player recovering from injury, KCP plays for LA, Gordon plays for Orlando
2021. Do they beat Phoenix? No. Murray is out of the playoffs due to injury.
2022. Do they beat GS? No. Murray and MPJ are out of the playoffs due to injury

Bron took Cleveland to the Finals in 07, which was his 4th season. Joker's 4th season was the 2018-2019, which was his first playoff appearance. Bron and the Nuggets would've ran into the Dubs.

07 Bron isn't beating KD, Steph, Klay, Draymond and Iggy with:

Young Murray
Garry Harris
Will Barton
Paul Millsap
Gordon, KCP, Reggie Jackson, DeAndre Jordan all played elsewhere. MPJ was a rookie that didn't play due to back issues.

2023 (Joker's first title). Do they beat Miami? Who knows because ironically that season lines up with Bron's first year in Miami. If the same Bron that showed up in the 2011 Finals against Dallas shows up against Jimmy and the Heat in 2023, there's a good chance they get sent packing.

Can't simply swap Bron and Joker without taking on the flaws of the Cavs and Nuggets. Tbf, Joker isn't winning in Cleveland back then either.

Last edited:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Can't look at it from simply a 2024 lens. Gotta go year by year. Place rookie Bron on the 2015-16 Nuggets, which was Joker's rookie year.

Forget winning a ring, they wouldn't even get out of the West.

2016. Do they beat OKC or 73-9 GS? No.
2017. Do they beat Houston or GS who added KD? No.
2018. Do they beat Houston or GS? No.
2019. Do they beat GS (Before season ending injuries to Klay and KD because it happened in the Finals)? No.
2020. Do they beat the Lakers? No. MPJ is a bench player recovering from injury, KCP plays for LA, Gordon plays for Orlando
2021. Do they beat Phoenix? No. Murray is out of the playoffs due to injury.
2022. Do they beat GS? No. Murray and MPJ are out of the playoffs due to injury

Bron took Cleveland to the Finals in 07, which was his 4th season. Joker's 4th season was the 2018-2019, which was his first playoff appearance. Bron and the Nuggets would've ran into the Dubs.

07 Bron isn't beating KD, Steph, Klay, Draymond and Iggy with:

Young Murray
Garry Harris
Will Barton
Paul Millsap
Gordon, KCP, Reggie Jackson, DeAndre Jordan all played elsewhere. MPJ was a rookie that didn't play due to back issues.

2023 (Joker's first title). Do they beat Miami? Who knows because ironically that season lines up with Bron's first year in Miami. If the same Bron that showed up in the 2011 Finals against Dallas shows up against Jimmy and the Heat in 2023, there's a good chance they get sent packing.

Can't simply swap Bron and Joker without taking on the flaws of the Cavs and Nuggets. Tbf, Joker isn't winning in Cleveland back then either.
I went year by year, and I didn't disregard the flaws of either team.

I know '07 Bron = '19 Jokic. I'm simply stating that whar Bron did with a team as bad as '07 Cleveland should warrant more faith in what he can do with something better. I already know that doesn't beat Golden State.

2020 is the year I heavily disagree on. '20 Nuggets is still better than what Y5, or 2008 LeBron, had. You're telling me who didn't play for Denver, but 24 year old Cyborg LeBron now plays for the Nuggets, and his older counterpart is absent from Lakers. Nobody in the bracket is better.

AD has proven he's not Batman, there's a great chance he doesn't even lead the Lakers to the West Finals without LeBron. He doesn't lead them a 52-19 record and #1 seed either. Bron & Murray with their supporting cast gets out of the West and beats the Heat.

'11 Bron being on the '23 Nuggets also means A) Miami's defense doesn't necessarily have the same plan/effectiveness as Dallas, and B) Bron doesn't see someone as his equal wearing his colors and isn't too comfortable with being #2 for a series. As explosive as Playoff Murray can be, he's not (end of) Prime Wade. Year 8 LeBron is more likely to impose his will on the series.

I have a young Bron winning 2020 and 2023.

Last edited: