Jokic would have 5-6 rings if he played with Wade,Bosh,KD, Klay etc…

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kareem is definitely in convo for #2 but recency hurts him like it will Lebron.

If you think otherwise, you're in for a long decade.

Doesn’t phase me either way. I like Jokic. I just don’t think he’s anywhere near top 2. People are too caught up in the moment because like I said, Kareem and Duncan have stronger resumes and they’re not top 2 :yeshrug:

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
Doesn’t phase me either way. I like Jokic. I just don’t think he’s anywhere near top 2. People are too caught up in the moment because like I said, Kareem and Duncan have stronger resumes and they’re not top 2 :yeshrug:

I didn't say today but on his current trajectory.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yep!! I think Jokic is top 10 center of all time, but outside Embiid and Gobert (which I admit he kills) he hasn't played big man competition like centers pre 2000s...

LMAO @ GOBERT.

HES AN OFFENSIVE LIABILITY
WHICH MEANS JOKER RESTS ON DEFENSE
EVERYTIME HE SEES HIM

:devil:
:evil:

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Kareem is definitely in convo for #2 but recency hurts him like it will Lebron.

If you think otherwise, you're in for a long decade.
People who actually watched Kareem didn’t have him top 2.. there was a 90’s SI magazine where they did a ranking and he was like #7.. they had Oscar (who for some reason fell of a cliff in these rankings), Wilt, Russell, and Magic over him

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
If jokic had a prime shaq to ride his coatails and a prime pau gasol he would win 7 straight championships

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
the bigs this era are absolute trash.

AD got put in a blender via the same move multiple times.

Jokic is nice, but he benefits from the lack of competition at the high end
Okay...and so would Patrick Ewing, and David Robinson,..and Mark Eaton...and brad daughtery,....and I'm not even gonna talk about the luc longleys and Greg ostertags and Chris Dudley's and Charles smiths and others of the world.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
It's wild he still hasn't had an all star or all NBA teammate 9 seasons in

KCP AG MPJ JM are all great players. The All Star distinction doesn't mean much here.

20 years from now somebody gonna try to frame the argument that since they weren't All Stars they were avg.
You see it. The new “intelligent” more “nuanced” NBA media starts to play dumb whenever they wanna push a narrative. They like to revert back to old habits and disregard nuance and context when narrative are at play. KCP, AG, MPJ are all lengthy(pause) athletic defenders who can switch play their role offensively(slashers, shooters, off-ball). The pointing out of their lack of all-nba nods is being used to further an agenda. Smart NBA ppl know what it is, but are playing dumb. I’d love anyone of Jokic roleplayers in Miami under spo. :mjcry:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Correct but I think he’s still on the front of his prime. Convo feels premature maybe it’s just me

Denver's run won't last as long as people are assuming. They aren't even on a run yet technically. They still need to win this year. If they don't win this postseason there's no guarantee multiple titles are coming to them.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Correct but I think he’s still on the front of his prime. Convo feels premature maybe it’s just me
No player has been given till the sun setting on their career before their legacy is a discussion. If anything the front of the prime is when the conversation begins.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
You’re comparing players from a different defensive era.

To be fair, Rudy Gobert is basically prime Dikembe in height, weight and style. David Robinson is the same height, weight and comparable athleticism to Giannis. DeAndre Ayton, same height and weight as Brad Daugherty. Brook Lopez, same height and weight as Greg Ostertag. Bam Adebayo, comparable height and weight as Alonzo.

I agree there are certain nuances to consider when comparing eras but at the same time, any of them on an island vs Jokic defensively likely ain't gonna end any better than it has for AD or Gobert or Ayton or Lopez or Bam.