John David Washington fights to save us in the future in The Creator (Twentieth/Disney)

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Getting back from seeing this in IMAX. Agree with the comments about the visuals being great, really liked the design of the Nomad and different tech in the film. Also agree about the story having a lot of familiar elements, especially if you've seen a lot of sci-fi before. There were a few things that were surprising to me.

JDW was solid. I think he needs more roles in the future where he can show off his charisma, like he did on Ballers. I thought the kid actor was good, especially as the story progressed.

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps

Seriously… if all the coli don’t go see this.

fukk you
Suck a dikk
And don’t you ever complain about another Marvel/CB movie again

I only watch shyt with fantastic scripts that includes Marvel/CB

gotta get my moneys worth since the pandemic

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Welp... all the people who supported it in this thread couldn't save it. Looks to be flopping. But in all honesty it's a solid movie. It could have been better where we laid out the obvious flaws but it's still a good 6/10 type of Sci-Fi which we need more of..

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Shout to Young Jeezy and Jeannie Mai - maybe if they saw this film, it'd rekindle the love.

That aside.

Denzel Jr can't carry a movie.

Gemma Chan plays a robot in Humans and essentially plays one in every thing she is in - Eternals, 1st half of this movie. What a waste of all that fineness.

I liked the kid.

I liked SOME of the worldbuilding, but some of it was off.
Robots/Simulants that have electronic guts but eat, drink, and smoke
No internet?
No hivemind?
Robots that can't shoot even though they have range finders, laser guided this and that, don't suffer from typical human issues.
AI robotic civlization IN ASIA, and they ain't got better tech than that?

Laura Linney looks like Rebecca Ferguson to me.
The Big Bad
was boring

And they must have shot this out of sequence because
my boy's hair kept changing up.

And -
Coding error? Really my dude?

Still, aside from that, the worldbuilding, most of the CGI (the explosions sucked in a lot of places), the girl, some of the action was pretty good. I'd still give this a 7.

I heard they cut a lot from the film, but I'm not sure if giving this another 10-30 minutes would fix it.

I would not be surprised if Will Smith was offered this and passed on it.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the movie starred Matt Damon (Elysium) or Tom Cruise it wouldn’t have flopped. :Francis:
Neither Elysium, Oblivion or Live. Die. Repeat broke even if I remember correctly. Films are more IP driven nowadays so I doubt either would have saved it.

Sci-fi, notably original Sci-fi has always been a hard sell for audiences. It sucks because we need more original projects out there, but as long as they keep flopping, Hollywood will continue to not take risks and stick with established IPs.