John David Washington fights to save us in the future in The Creator (Twentieth/Disney)

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Went to watch it yesterday with wifey. Supported it fully off the strength of it not being another damn superhero movie.

I can only echo the same sentiments here. Visually it’s stunning. But again, it’s style over substance. Outside of the child, they miscast the leads.

I’m truly rooting for brehs to succeed in this industry but if JDW isn’t a prime example of being a “nepo baby” then I don’t know who else is? Actually, Jayden Smith is way worse.

JDW just isn’t convincing or charismatic to me. He wasn’t that great in BlacKkKlansman. Adam Driver stole the show in that movie. I’ve given JDW so many chances but he just doesn’t have it.

And Gemma Chan is ironically “lifeless” in this movie. I’m not trying to be a dikk but maybe she’s a lesbo. She doesn’t seem to have any chemistry with the men she’s romantically opposite with in these films.

The script left a lot to be desired too but with the right actors, it could’ve salvaged this movie. It’s a real shame because the potential was there.

6/10.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Interesting premise, good visual effects but this was just an average film, I'm still waiting for JDW to impress me

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
Went to watch it yesterday with wifey. Supported it fully off the strength of it not being another damn superhero movie.

I can only echo the same sentiments here. Visually it’s stunning. But again, it’s style over substance. Outside of the child, they miscast the leads.

I’m truly rooting for brehs to succeed in this industry but if JDW isn’t a prime example of being a “nepo baby” then I don’t know who else is? Actually, Jayden Smith is way worse.

JDW just isn’t convincing or charismatic to me. He wasn’t that great in BlacKkKlansman. Adam Driver stole the show in that movie. I’ve given JDW so many chances but he just doesn’t have it.

And Gemma Chan is ironically “lifeless” in this movie. I’m not trying to be a dikk but maybe she’s a lesbo. She doesn’t seem to have any chemistry with the men she’s romantically opposite with in these films.

The script left a lot to be desired too but with the right actors, it could’ve salvaged this movie. It’s a real shame because the potential was there.

6/10.

If you look at it as his acting style
Is just being cool and non chalant… the rolls he plays just hit different.

He like the black christopher walkens, or better yet, for contemporary purposes, Taylor Kitsch (sp?).

Having known that (and the only other movie ive seen him in was Tenet, and just starting watching Blacklklansman yesterday)… it makes it a more palatable approach to the films he stars in.

Youre going to get the same JDW in his next flick to, whether you like it or not.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

6/10.

Jayden Smith is not worse. He's not an active actor out here, getting roles left to right in big budget films. He's more of a socialite if anything atm, just living his life.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Is this streaming yet?

Interested in this movie but I feel like JDW is almost forcing himself in to these leading man in action movies role and I just don’t think that’s him. He was great in Ballers and has good comedic timing so i was surprised to start seeing him in serious stuff all the time. I know that’s where the money is at but I just wish he do more stuff to match his skill set.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Yeah, I thought he was fine in Tenet but only because he was asked to do very little.

Straight up was not very good in Black KkKlansman and halfway ruined that movie for me. (I saw only halfway because the movie was already superficial as fukk. )