John David Washington fights to save us in the future in The Creator (Twentieth/Disney)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Too bad it's flopping we saw it tonight and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I think some aspects of the story could have been fleshed out more but the visuals were good and the worldbuilding was cool. The visuals actually looked better than a lot of higher budget movies. The acting was just ok. John David Washington was decent in the role but some of the other actors were kinda meh.

Overall a decent little movie though.

Jefe Blanco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The world building was nicely done and the VFX team should be commended for their efforts working with a small budget. Unfortunately the story is generic and the forced humor brings down the overall product. When the movie takes itself more seriously it is an above average affair. Not horrible by any means but a letdown given the pre-release hype.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Gemma Chan does something for me tho. No surprise JDW was in his bag when she was on screen with him lol

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
Gemma Chan does something for me tho. No surprise JDW was in his bag when she was on screen with him lol

Disagree. I didn't see particular chemistry between them two. She didn't have it with Robb Stark in Eternals either so maybe she just needs to avoid romantic roles lol.

Writing wise you already know - this ain't no T2 or 2049. It feels like they had the stoic protector with child premise in mind, then had the AI are as valuable as people angle inserted to make it hip. It really needed some rewrites to be affecting and poignant, cos the voice aint matching the outfit

"What do you want for lunch?" "For robots to be free." :what: And why do robots eat lunch?

Man the fact this is an action flick but I fell asleep compared to Oppenheimer :snoop: I had to learn that Alfie was a clone of Josh's unborn child from the net.

I can see myself giving this another chance on D+ if free and to see if it could hold up in some capacity, but man is it really hard to do original SF without Nolan? Like the last non-Nolan flick that had merit was Ad Astra IMO and even that flopped, while horror's been killing it for a decade now

Also I wonder how many people recognised Child in Time when they broke out the garage :pachaha:

Last edited:
Daps
Saw it in IMAX and this is how I felt about it. Great visuals and decent world building and action but the plot was real generic and the pacing was off, the back and forth between past and present hurt it a bit imo especially with the relationship stuff. Also, the politics and the US military were pretty dumb, seems like there should’ve been some major consequences but nothing happens. Liked JDW character but the story just didn’t elevate anything and couldn’t get me invested. I was hoping there might be a big twist with the AI but nope.

Felt like if they had a bigger scriptwriter this could be better.
Haven't watched it, but you mention world building. Is it done with the intention of making it a series?

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haven't watched it, but you mention world building. Is it done with the intention of making it a series?

Not sure, it’s not fleshed out a lot in the film so if they wanted to do a show I could see that being possible.

Last edited:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
If the movie starred Matt Damon (Elysium) or Tom Cruise it wouldn’t have flopped. :Francis: