John David Washington fights to save us in the future in The Creator (Twentieth/Disney)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The reviews are pretty good, there's some glowing reviews for sure. There's also some weaker reviews but as always I don't really care it looks good to me..

I said it before, what Edwards did with the effects on such a modest budget is wild. The movie looks big in scale but it's not big on budget.

I think we'll go to the IMAX for this.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Visuals were amazing but the script was absolutely terrible. And there is a bizarre and shocking continuity error in an important scene. He spent the whole movie except the first scene in braids and then in this scene in the third act he had his Marcus Smart colored fro and then the very next scene he was back to Kawhi..

It could have been much better but unfortunately it was more chappie than minority report for me

Last edited:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
This is a solid “Meh”. 6.7/10. Wouldn’t watch it again tbh. The visuals for the alleged budget is nothing short of amazing. But other than that there’s nothing great about this movie. Generic plot, so so acting, never felt close to the characters, and some of the religious ai visuals/ undertones were heavy handed and corny imo.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Visuals were amazing but the script was absolutely terrible. And there is a bizarre and shocking continuity error in an important scene. He spent the whole movie except the first scene in braids and then in this scene in the third act he had his Marcus Smart colored fro and then the very next scene he was back to Kawhi..

It could have been much better but unfortunately it was more chappie than minority report for me

This is a solid “Meh”. 6.7/10. Wouldn’t watch it again tbh. The visuals for the alleged budget is nothing short of amazing. But other than that there’s nothing great about this movie. Generic plot, so so acting, never felt close to the characters, and some of the religious ai visuals/ undertones were heavy handed and corny imo.

Saw it in IMAX and this is how I felt about it. Great visuals and decent world building and action but the plot was real generic and the pacing was off, the back and forth between past and present hurt it a bit imo especially with the relationship stuff. Also, the politics and the US military were pretty dumb, seems like there should’ve been some major consequences but nothing happens. Liked JDW character but the story just didn’t elevate anything and couldn’t get me invested. I was hoping there might be a big twist with the AI but nope.

Felt like if they had a bigger scriptwriter this could be better.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL

Just watched this and I agree with what Korey and Martin were saying. There is a ton of Avatar in this movie. More than any movie should have lol. Whenever an AI robot got shot I just kept thinking “the engineers in this time must be ass cause I bet I could get this nikka up and running asap” 😂

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
could maybe be 10-20 min shorter

once they fade in w/ JDW w/ his PAAG, I called it that she'd be God and the weapon/kid was his

this movie is like if terminator/skynet wasn't as "Serious" as it is in the terminator films

you got these robots smoking, drinking, sleeping and shyt :mjlol: and it ain't just the stimulant that have the human skins doing the human stuff

this could benefit from a tv series...it's cool overall

depending on your POV, we either won or lost :russ:

then the film just ends and goes to credits

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm thinking maybe Thursday night we go to see this.
Just finished. Honestly wasn't feeling it. And I normally love sci-fi stuff, so it's hitting me hard that this wasn't it. I'll comment without adding any spoilers so you should be fine to see it later.

My main issue is I don't think they gave us enough time to care about the main character or his family. I think a longer exposition before timeskipping wouldve helped . Also, the casting of the main kid seems a little :mjpls:

But I did love the world building. Rarely do you get to see scifi asia-futurism based in South east Asia. Normally it's Japan or China that are represented in the genre.

Also , on a loosely related note; I'm a little confused as to why they needed ken Watanabe specifically. I feel like they unnecessarily threw in Japanese language into a narrative based in Cambodia/Vietnam/Burma just because Ken was in it. Contextually it makes no sense.

As a random side note, the tech in the film reminded me a lot of halo. The android design was brilliant with their heads.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Another save the child save the world story oh my fukking god :snoop:

michael-jackson-we-are-the-world.gif

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
This looked good. Saw it in IMAX last night. And for the most part it was alot more an action movie than i thought it would be. I thought there would be more like AI fake-deep shyt. But the movie was basically a Lone-Wolf & Cub format. There were a few parts where they tried to get emotional and the acting got bad-bad.
lonewolfandcub1_758_427_81_s.jpg

6/10.

Jards

All Star
Daps
I thought it was good….the director said the initial cut was five hours and you can tell a lot of shyt was cut out - maybe too much material as I felt this should’ve been 20 - 30 mins longer. Adding to the run time could’ve built up the relationships a bit more so that the emotional scenes could then pack a bit more punch and also give a bit more backstory so that they can then take out a lot of the exposition heavy dialogue. Will definitely watch again though.