John David Washington fights to save us in the future in The Creator (Twentieth/Disney)

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Was it perfect? No. Were there tons of Sci-Fi Tropes? Yep. Did I still have a great time? Yes. The Visuals were on point. Definitely Star Wars influenced with the A.I. robots. The little girl did a great job. This was my favorite JDW performance. Much better than "Tenet" to me. I like how it was a story about Family. I had a conversation about the movie with a Friend and he asked if I thought A.I. was telling the truth about wanting Peace or did they play JDW. I honestly am 50/50. Yes JDW clearly got in too deep and fell in love. He also had a different appreciation for A.I. because of his robotic prosthetics.

Sure they made you sympathize with the A.I. so the Humans were the bad guys but in reality, A.I. could still be manipulating the situation. Ken Watanabe did good in his role too. Real talk, this movie probably would have done very well in the late 90's and early 2000's. It was a much more action packed "A.I." were as Steven's film was more of a Drama. But I did enjoy it, good flick. Climax was a little predictable and dramatic but still satisfying that he did that in the end, (You knew he was going to go up there). Too bad it's a one off, there was some good world building in the Film. But a Sequel could happen:

They could do a Sequel and have JDW come back as a robot somehow. They they can show Alfie powers getting strong and the military going HAM again. There is potential.

Last edited:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Is this the full uncut movie or is there a directors cut in the works?

Last edited:

Ashtrey

Superstar
Daps
Just watched it in Disney+. Really liked it. Just the visuals alone. Story was obvious.

But how Asia supposed to be more advanced in A.I. but still living in 1960's Vietnam conditions :comeon:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Just watched it in Disney+. Really liked it. Just the visuals alone. Story was obvious.

But how Asia supposed to be more advanced in A.I. but still living in 1960's Vietnam conditions :comeon:

if u noticed, that although it's set in 2055, things like TV's, radios and vehicles were straight from the 80s' for the most part. whereas weapons, robots and AI are extremely advanced.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Y'all really love tearing down black male actors :scust:

JDW is "one dimensional" but the majority of these cac actors aren't?

JDW gotta be a damn thespian in every role but Mark Whalberg, Channing Tatum, Ryan Reynolds and Chris Pratt can play the same character in every show and movie and y'all let it slide :scust:
I really loved him in Tenet I thought he was great.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Oooo weee this shyt was terrible
7XOE.gif