Joe Montana is still the GOAT in my eyes

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Roger staubach had to face the steel curtain who had more HOFs:russ:

Montana got owned by LT’s giants so I don’t see how that’s an argument in his favor.

That’s another thing he never actually faced the 85 bears in the playoffs, he faced the 88 bears.

Thats not entirely true. The '88 niners went to NY and beat the Giants in a huge game that ended up having playoff implications. Niners made the playoffs and won the Super Bowl.. again

premier58

All Star
Daps
@Jplaya2023 Bradys arm is way stronger than Joes. Its not even debatable. Its like me arguing that Tom is more mobile than Joe. Its an asinine assertion. Joe doesnt have throws like Brady to Moss in 09 at Indy, Brady to Branch at Pittsburgh on the 04 AFC title game, Brady to Vereen 2012 AFC Divisional. I could go on and on.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The problem is Joe was beat up like most QBs during these days. When he got to KC he was a wreck physically you could blow on him and he would get up slow..

That’s not Brady’s fault though..

Brady is the greatest of all time

Yes it is Brady's "fault".. in a sense because his longevity is attributed to less hits and a more pass friendly league.

He didn't take the hits that Montana and them did and the one time Brady got hurt they changed the rules again to favor the QBs, you can't hit below the knee.

Some said it was Palmer but the rule wasn't actually put into place until Brady went down.

premier58

All Star
Daps
Except to the Giants. Twice
Guess its better losing to Minnesota at the crrib as the overwhelming favorite a year after getting pounded 49-3 by the NYG. Holding on to the ball forever and allowing yourself to get creamed by Marshall thus losing to the NYG again.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Keeping all things fair there's am argument to be made Manning is over Montana. Manning was more durable, longer prime, and easily the most dominant regular season QB ever...

My personal opinion is Manning, Montana, Brady are the Holy Grail of pro football quarterbacking, with little distance between the three but a pretty substantial leap to the next tier of QBs and whoever you think is #4. I ain't really mad at anyone calling any of those three the GOAT, they are closer to each other than anyone is to them, although staying consistent Manning is the one who can't really be called #1 overall, as he has embarrassing performances on big stages the other two routinely shined in...

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
This is why I enjoy NFL commentary more than the NBA

Youre allowed to have your GOATS at any position so long as you have a case, youre allowed to explain why, and FACTS can be acknowledged. agree or disagree.

Aside from the fanboys, You typically dont have a wave of extremists who call the feds on you because you said one guy was better than the other guys.

honestly The only true undisputed GOAT in any major sport is Wayne Gretzky, because there have quite literally been no disputes made.