Joe Montana is still the GOAT in my eyes

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the 1980’s old heads were saying

“damn Montana and Marino are great but can you imagine if Johnny Unitas Otto Graham and Len Dawson played in this passer friendly era? Imagine if Roger Staubach played in the west coast offense?”

Same shyt
Full circle :wow:

Letting childhood dreams go when you become :flabbynsick:

:mjcry:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Played in an era where defenses could really pound on the offense.
Had to actually call your own plays and audibles.
No headsets for coaches or coordinators in the booth to advise you on the field.
No cheating accusations.
Actually blew out SB opponents instead of winning by 3 points.

:ehh:
Had to call your own plays??

Joe Montana did not call his own plays Bill Walsh did

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
It’s impossible to compare eras.

The league was getting a little more pass friendly when Montana entered the league (after the rule changes of 1978), but still not like the modern NFL with the QB protection. Obviously getting hit less often helps the longevity of the QBs.

As it was, Montana was more injury prone than other HOF QBs of that era. Missed basically all of 91-92, half of 86, knocked out of 4 postseason games, 3 due to concussions, rarely played 16 games. He was a skinny guy and hard hits.

Brady’s had the best career, and I don’t imagine any QBs matching it anytime soon. Playing 22 seasons, nearly all of them at a high level, making it to 10 Super Bowls and winning 7, MVP caliber season at age 44, etc...is insane.

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Full circle :wow:

Letting childhood dreams go when you become :flabbynsick:

:mjcry:

Ain't no full circle.

All those other qb's in history would have gotten owned by the bears and giants defense.
Montana would best those guys.
unless you incapacitated him.
so he would not be cognitive enough.
to take the field.

You nikkaz never saw mcmahon towel bounty to know wtf that is or what is to it.

To have any idea how much better montana is than brady.

All someone had to do was pop brady and he got chicken happy feet.

Joe montana was so brazen. He dared all them to say. If you so bout it. You gon have to kill me to beat me. If i play this game you losing.

Ain't nobody in sports history other than michael jeffrey posing that type of dilemma to you across the sideline in gameplan. Did i mention this is football we talembout too.

So montana steps on the gladiator field and has full confidence he gon win. That the inky time he lost was when someone said. We killin that dam. Golden boi.
That is the only way.

Beli wrote in the board for lt as rhe game plan.

Kill montana and we win.

Think about that.
How somebody would ever fix their face to say brady is a fukk'n lie.

Brady got theisman'd at best. Then cried for a rule change. Montana said you got to put me in the hospital with no sign of recover during the game clock to beat me.

He said that shyt to singletary, mcmichael, OTIS fukk'N WILSON, richard dent, a whole fukk'n refrigerator Perry. To carl banks and lt.

If they do not stop playing.

Art Barr

Art Barr

Last edited:

Menna

All Star
Daps
And this is coming from a Cowboy fan.

If he hadn't gotten injured, he would've had 5 and possibly derailed the Cowboys dynasty in the 90's. He won 4 titles in the 80's when there was little player movement, and none of the rules that favor offenses today. regular season stats (all time) don't matter anymore, because all of them are inflated, and with 17 games now, it will only get worse.

If you believe the 80's as a passer was more difficult than the 2000's - 2010's, then Montana went 4-0 in the super bowl.
Brady won 3-4 of his superbowls from 2015-2021...why you comparing to 2000-2010...If he didnt get hurt if he didnt get hurt....if the Giants reciever didnt carch the ball on the back of his helmet Brady has 8.....BRady also got hurt and had to wear a brace for the last half of his career and won 4 more chips .... the guy went to 10 superbowls lol...no QB is as good as him

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Never Lost a Super Bowl tho
:smoker:

If we gonna use this logic, it also means Joe lost a lot more to lesser teams that's why he didn't reach the same amount of SBs Brady did :manny:

However, debating who's better between players playing in different eras is pointless. The best you can do is judge them based on their contemporaries.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If we gonna use this logic, it also means Joe lost a lot more to lesser teams that's why he didn't reach the same amount of SBs Brady did :manny:

However, debating who's better between players playing in different eras is pointless. The best you can do is judge them based on their contemporaries.

Less teams in the league then so not as watered down. And the QB protection rules and DB Play rules were definitely not as favorable back then vs now. :ld:

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Had to call your own plays??

Joe Montana did not call his own plays Bill Walsh did

Walsh would even script the first 20 or so plays on offense. He was super meticulous about everything, even in practice if a completed pass was a few inches off.

The episode of him on A Football Life is a great watch. He was like a mix of genius and madman.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Less teams in the league then so not as watered down. And the QB protection rules and DB Play rules were definitely not as favorable back then vs now. :ld:

That's why it's pointless to compare QBs in different eras and better to compare them with their contemporaries. How did Joe compare to the QBs in his era vs how Brady compared to QBs in his era.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
If Montana wouldn't have gotten hurt, he would've probably played until he was 40 and won at least one more title.

The Elbow injury knocked him out for an entire season even though it happened in January. The year he got hurt, he was coming in the midst of his 2nd straight MVP at 34.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Stop.

As a real 84 childhood bears fan.
i do not want the idea of the football vader villain in montana. To haunt my reality with what if's after 84.

Stop.

Montana is the goat.

All that other shyt is eastern seaboard based cap.
The san francisco news sports world some bytches. As they left the eastern seaboard keep up this lie about brady.
When montana is the goat football player.
Plus the real goat villain qb in all of football history.

Ain't no brady beating no damn 84 or 88 bears.

Montana is the goat in football.

The gameplan to beat montana is still as real as it gets. To win you gon have to be savage enough to knock his ass completely out the ball game...ain't nobody else in history. That is the only game plan for montana.
Incapcitate joe montana or you taking an L. Plus you coming at his ass with 84 bear and 86 giant level defense too.

The eastern seaboard racist in control of pr are all cap.

Especially in football moreso than bball.

As ain't no way in hell joe montana not the goat.

Man haunts my dreams since i was boy.

That as a man i have to give that respect on the highest level. That my rageful hatred as a boi for Montana.
Has to become actual real praise as an adult.

Montana is vader.
He would come through and chuck yo team into a concrete pillar and not give one fukk what was going on. You was losing.

Art Barr

Passing in the 1980’s was easier than passing in the 50’s,60’s, and 70’s. That’s a fact.

Everything else you’re saying is nonsense

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I used to be reluctant to say this but Tampa proved it. He’s past the goat QB discussion. He in that Jordan, Gretzky convo of greatest athlete ever. As in put him on any team and you winning and at the very least a contender.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tom's great but Joe is my goat

The nfl made rules to extend bradys career and protect him. Montana had to play in the NFC when they were clearly the dominant conference. 13 straight SB wins and in that time he had all time great teams he had to face
85 bears
86 giants
83 redskins