Veteran
Supporter
Daps
he had Dwight Clark before Jerry

Brady played at an mvp level multiple seasons in his 40s

Brady also transitioned to a new team & offensive system, and won another SB

Brady won SBs where his best weapon was a TE :mjlol:

Joe is the second best, but the gap between Tom and Joe is HUGE

lol this is nonsense dwight clark was a good receiver let's not overrate him like he was this years cooper cupp or some shyt.

Brady won SB's with the greatest TE (arguably) ever and you list it like he won with Mark Boyer as his tight end.

Montana transitioned to a new team and got them to the AFC ship game against the AFC's dynasty (noticed I said AFC) Buffalo Bills

you listed nothing that I asked you for. relative to era that brady did on the field that joe couldn't.

So let me dumb it down. What specific throws, or reads or runs can brady make that joe can't.

What throws on the passing tree could tom make that joe couldn't?

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Brady had rule changes FOR him.

Imagine the nfl changing the rules after LT dislocated Theisman knee or Jim Burt killing Montana in 86. Context matters. respect Tom but the physicality Joe faced Tom did not. Especially later in his career.

They made the game more about the QB then ever before they changed the rule. We can’t be mad at Brady for times changing. If Joe Montana was playing in 2008 and that happened to him they would’ve changed the rule too

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
lol this is nonsense dwight clark was a good receiver let's not overrate him like he was this years cooper cupp or some shyt.

Brady won SB's with the greatest TE (arguably) ever and you list it like he won with Mark Boyer as his tight end.

Montana transitioned to a new team and got them to the AFC ship game against the AFC's dynasty (noticed I said AFC) Buffalo Bills

you listed nothing that I asked you for. relative to era that brady did on the field that joe couldn't.

So let me dumb it down. What specific throws, or reads or runs can brady make that joe can't.

What throws on the passing tree could tom make that joe couldn't?

Show me one time Joe making a throw like this

:mjlol:

Brady clearly had a superior arm over Joe, clearly

Brady made reads inside-out, which is opposite of how QBs are taught

The NE system wasn't a tier one complex system...it was a system based on attacking coverages, and no one is better than Brady at attacking coverages

The man has played in traditional offenses, 2 TE offenses, spread offenses...he's done it all :mjlol:

Joe played in a rhythm based offense based on timing and stretching defenses horizontally

Brady still had a quicker release and stronger arm

Brady also faced more exotic defenses than Joe has ever seen...offenses are more complex, defenses are more complex

The fact remains, Brady is the GOAT

:francis:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Show me one time Joe making a throw like this

:mjlol:

Brady clearly had a superior arm over Joe, clearly

Brady made reads inside-out, which is opposite of how QBs are taught

The NE system wasn't a tier one complex system...it was a system based on attacking coverages, and no one is better than Brady at attacking coverages

The man has played in traditional offenses, 2 TE offenses, spread offenses...he's done it all :mjlol:

Joe played in a rhythm based offense based on timing and stretching defenses horizontally

Brady still had a quicker release and stronger arm

Brady also faced more exotic defenses than Joe has ever seen...offenses are more complex, defenses are more complex

The fact remains, Brady is the GOAT

:francis:

What rthym offene was Montana playing in KC with? :mjlol: In the westcoast accuracy was the #1 thing Walsh wanted as a QB. it was all about ball placement leading your receiver to pick up YAC. That was the offense.

Your trying to make a point that Montana couldn't do the same thing? Make the same reads lol? I guess Matt Cassell and Jimmy G are better reading and dissecting coverage because both QBs had success in that exact same system.

I'll give you quicker release, but stronger arm? Hell no . We seen brady plenty of times when forced to make those tough sideline throws, throw quails out there. He thrives between the numbers in the middle of the field. He's a killer.

Brady faced more exotic defenses?? Lol Joe had to face BRADY'S COACH MULTIPLE TIMES IN THE PLAYOFFS AND REGULAR SEASON. Tom faced Bill once and had a bad game. Weather had something to do with it but he wasn't great.

What coach had a more exotic defense than what bill did against the bills in the SB. Come on now. You can't even play defense today

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They made the game more about the QB then ever before they changed the rule. We can’t be mad at Brady for times changing. If Joe Montana was playing in 2008 and that happened to him they would’ve changed the rule too

Where was Joe's protection from this?

:mjcry:

or this

:mjcry:

defenders had no fear of attacking the QBs inside or OUTSIDE (Which I am sure you will bring up) the pocket.

Look at this from Patrick Mahomes. Guys are so scared to hit people now you don't attack the QB the same way.

this is chicken shyt. Guys are so afraid to hit the QB because of penalties you won't go all in on a hit because your worried about a flag. Big advantage QB

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
What rthym offene was Montana playing in KC with? :mjlol: In the westcoast accuracy was the #1 thing Walsh wanted as a QB. it was all about ball placement leading your receiver to pick up YAC. That was the offense.

Your trying to make a point that Montana couldn't do the same thing? Make the same reads lol? I guess Matt Cassell and Jimmy G are better reading and dissecting coverage because both QBs had success in that exact same system.

I'll give you quicker release, but stronger arm? Hell no . We seen brady plenty of times when forced to make those tough sideline throws, throw quails out there. He thrives between the numbers in the middle of the field. He's a killer.

Brady faced more exotic defenses?? Lol Joe had to face BRADY'S COACH MULTIPLE TIMES IN THE PLAYOFFS AND REGULAR SEASON. Tom faced Bill once and had a bad game. Weather had something to do with it but he wasn't great.

What coach had a more exotic defense than what bill did against the bills in the SB. Come on now. You can't even play defense today

Joe was more accurate...Brady had the stronger arm and quicker release

Joe couldn't throw 65 yds +...show me one time where he did

Throwing in the middle of the field is the hardest thing to do as a QB lol

You don't think those 3-4 Zone Blitz dikk Leabeau defenses, or the the 3-4 Dean Peas defenses, or the 4-3 Jim Johnson zone blitz defenses were ahead of its time?

West Coast was still a rhythm based offense...and Bill gave Joe hell when he was a DC

I'm saying Brady saw more variety in defensive schemes...do you think he has not seen more schemes in 22 yrs than Joe?

I don't even revert to stats when defending Brady bc the stats speak for itself...he has the skillset, the cerebral factor, the numbers, the leadership, toughness

He has everything you want in a QB except wheels

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Joe was more accurate...Brady had the stronger arm and quicker release

Joe couldn't throw 65 yds +...show me one time where he did

Throwing in the middle of the field is the hardest thing to do as a QB lol

You don't think those 3-4 Zone Blitz dikk Leabeau defenses, or the the 3-4 Dean Peas defenses, or the 4-3 Jim Johnson zone blitz defenses were ahead of its time?

West Coast was still a rhythm based offense...and Bill gave Joe hell when he was a DC

I'm saying Brady saw more variety in defensive schemes...do you think he has not seen more schemes in 22 yrs than Joe?

I don't even revert to stats when defending Brady bc the stats speak for itself...he has the skillset, the cerebral factor, the numbers, the leadership, toughness

He has everything you want in a QB except wheels

dawg just stop

look at the first play. The first one Montana threw that bytch on the run 60 yards in the air (something brady can't do) to Jerry for a score

You don't think the 4-6 Bears defense, the BB drop 9 rush 2, the bear, skins, schemes were ahead of their time? Look at what buddy ryan did in philly. Alot of those concepts were developed from defenses past.

Bill would have gave Brady issues as well. He had the best defensive mind on HIS side. And of course over a 22 year career you're going to see "more" in terms of variety.

more != better

again the stats would tell you matt stafford is a better qb than montana. The stats are era and rules based. They hardly mean anything comparing guys 30 years apart. Look at the stats in relation to their peers.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
dawg just stop

look at the first play. The first one Montana threw that bytch on the run 60 yards in the air (something brady can't do) to Jerry for a score

You don't think the 4-6 Bears defense, the BB drop 9 rush 2, the bear, skins, schemes were ahead of their time? Look at what buddy ryan did in philly. Alot of those concepts were developed from defenses past.

Bill would have gave Brady issues as well. He had the best defensive mind on HIS side. And of course over a 22 year career you're going to see "more" in terms of variety.

more != better

again the stats would tell you matt stafford is a better qb than montana. The stats are era and rules based. They hardly mean anything comparing guys 30 years apart. Look at the stats in relation to their peers.

That pass was 50 yds in the air

Show me Joe throwing 65+ yds, just once, please

I don't go by stats...but the stats back up Brady as the best

The wins back up Brady as the best

The postseason success back up Brady as the best

premier58

All Star
Daps
I still have Montana as the GOAT too never lost and won all 5 in a decade not over 22 years...never lost twice to a clumsy mufukka like Eli...

Won all his SBs convincingly,never got bailed out by a kicker or a bad playcall by the opponent.
This is not true. Both Benglas SBs were razor thin. Took a legendary goalline stand in the 1st one and a dropped thrown int by Montana in the 2nd. When did Montana win 5 SBs??

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
Everything Joe did, Tom has done

And Tom did it without the GOAT WR at his disposal for most of his career

1 Joe won 2 rings before Rice was ever in the league :mjlol:

2 Montana had Rice for six of his twelve seasons in SF (Not gonna count 1992 since Joe only played one game). Brady had either Gronk or Moss over half his career (played with Gronk 11 years, Moss 2 and change) so he either had the best TE ever or a top 5 WR ever for 13 of his 20 seasons (this excludes 00 and 08)

3 Joe never got suspended for cheating