Joe Montana is still the GOAT in my eyes

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You dodged my posts. Forget raw stats.
Who has their league in pass yards more?
Who has led their league in td passes more?
Who has more historic seasons?
Who has more top 5 MVP finishes?

What are you trying to create here? This is very simple... extremely simple. 4 or probably now 5 pages ago you decided to not answer anything i posted. Where's the "lie" in what i posted?

is your position that stats aren't inflated? you bring up the 70s... that's great but the topic wasn't the 70s. The topic was about Joe and Tom no? We are comparing those two eras.. not all eras.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nocf.gif

Expected response given your lack of maturity.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
This is just like cacs claiming Bird is better than Bron. Hell even Jordan :mjlol:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Joe Montana started 16 games in a season just twice his whole career. That’s despite

1.)His primary HC being a top 3 offensive mind in the history of the sport
2.)Playing in a revolutionary offense his entire career that took the rest of the league years to slow down
3.)Excellent offensive lines year in and year out
4.)Great pass catching options including RBs out of the backfield like Roger Craig.

For example his contemporary Dan Marino started 16 games 11 times in his career. He was kinda frail for even his own time. It’s one of the reasons Walsh was a genius to invest in a great backup because you couldn’t rely on him to stay healthy year in and year out.
Perhaps the league should have changed the rules to limit Joe's injuries like they did for tom :banderas:

premier58

All Star
Daps
What are you trying to create here? This is very simple... extremely simple. 4 or probably now 5 pages ago you decided to not answer anything i posted. Where's the "lie" in what i posted?

is your position that stats aren't inflated? you bring up the 70s... that's great but the topic wasn't the 70s. The topic was about Joe and Tom no? We are comparing those two eras.. not all eras.
What?? Ive always admitted that stats are inflated and have been since 2011. We have long since established that, so why continue referencing that. Rankings amongst peers however, are a legit measuring tool. Whether stats are inflated or not. Thats why I said their NFL, meaning the one they plsyed in. Brady has led the league in passing yards 4 times, passing tds 5 times, td/int ratio twice, has led the league in passing yards and passing tds in the same season, twice. His peak seasons are more dominant even when adjusted for era.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Expected response given your lack of maturity.
You been exposed as a shyt poster on this topic and aren’t interested in any real discussion, so yes you deserve that level of maturity.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Perhaps the league should have changed the rules to limit Joe's injuries like they did for tom :banderas:
They made it easier to pass block in 1978 and he still was injury prone. He would’ve died in the 1960’s:mjlol:. That’s why steve young took his job :mjlol:

Montana was frail compared to even his contemporaries.

premier58

All Star
Daps
They made it easier to pass block in 1978 and he still was injury prone. He would’ve died in the 1960’s:mjlol:

Montana was frail compared to even his contemporaries.
Idk why they are in denial about something so obvious. Johnny U played in an even meaner era and wasnt hurt all the damn time. Look at what Eli Manning went through in the 2011 NFC championship game. Joe wouldnt been knockee out in the 3rd quarter. No one would praise Marvin Hagler and Jake Lamotta for having great chins if the punches that they took led to frequent knockdowns and knockouts. Montana is like Amir Khan, every hard hit or punch is a threat to knock him out.