Jemele Hill: It's time for black athletes to leave white colleges

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Players start going to these HBCUs, the amenities will come, better coaches, leadership, etc.

Players start going to these HBCUs, HBCUs will become the bread-winner and wouldn't have to beg for crumbs

Players start going to these HBCUs, HBCUs you would get a better experience all-around.

So you want kids to go to a school to satisfy your agenda

Did you go to a hbcu and graduate??

Do you donate back to that school, if you did, a sizable donations I’m talking 1000 or better, and more than once a year ??

So kids have to go a harder route with less amenities because the money will come ??

So how will the money get there ??

What tv contracts will be in place ??

What conference will get that money ??

Who will coach them ?? And make sure they were better than when they showed up ??

Will they get enough exposure to get a high draft grade, or will they lose out on millions ??

Who’s going to make sure these kids put on weight and muscle and eat right (side note i had a homie that transferred to our school a small hbcu from bama State, he said when he played football, outside of eating whatever at the cafeteria nutrition was a protein bar after morning practice and a Gatorade

Who’s going to procure the money to improve facilities including the weight room and therapy room ??

Who’s going to make sure the administrators don’t steal the money, or spend it on other shyt ?? Let’s not act like that’s not an issue

Who’s going to give these schools budgets to pay... i mean recruit these kids ???

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
People want other people to sacrifice for the greater good, when they themselves aren't willing to do that.

Call me selfish but my allegiance is to my family, friends and people I come into close contact with. The rest of y'all on your own.
This is not a sacrifice, its a dumb decision. A sacrifice is saying I only support Black businesses. I will donate to Black institutions and be fully involved in Black alum meetings. I will be the best steward to society that I be.

But asking a 18 year kid to go to a completely inferior school for what they do is senseless. The only way it wouldn't be is if that school operated like a school trying to be great but most HBCUs are corrupt and trying to keep up with the Joneses. It's good in idea but not in reality.

If you can't do it if you got the opportunity, telling someone else to is selfish.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I love a good HBCU...

but outside of sports, if your kid had full ride offers to Howard or Stanford. Who you picking? Ill WAIT

Im sure Jemele could have went to an HBCU and..... :troll:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
It's not as easy as you think it is.

You need a wave of players AND a smart coach to even get it going. Gonzaga is one of the premier hoops programs in the country and they've had ONE 5 star recruit in forever.
Funny part about Gonzaga is that Gonzaga actuary has sent heavy money since few has been there. They now have multiple private jets and a crazy new work out facility.

While the Zags Stadium is still small it’s facilities have really improved.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
So you're overemotional and you have poor reading comprehension skills? I don't care about your situation, so go bore someone else with the details kiddo.
I'm neither but I understand your need to act like a bytch because you feel attacked. Go ahead sis and act up up because nothing I posted even explained my "situation" for you to care about. You grapevine blacks need to work on acting less like an overcompensating bytches kiddo.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
I'm neither but I understand your need to act like a bytch because you feel attacked. Go ahead sis and act up up because nothing I posted even explained my "situation" for you to care about. You grapevine blacks need to work on acting less like an overcompensating bytches kiddo.
As I said, I don't care about your situation. I know you're desperate for attention, perhaps you should attempt to make friends with people offline who do care about it?

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
As I said, I don't care about your situation. I know you're desperate for attention, perhaps you should attempt to make friends with people offline who do care about it?
As I said grapevine you need to stop acting like a bytch because I criticized you. You're the one telling folks what you and your wife did with your overcompensating ass so I think you're the one who needs attention more than me. Keep trying though sis

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
From gear to facilities this is true. HBCUs spend so much on parties (homecoming) and bands (which I get because they do make money), athletics gets the crumbs. It’s going to take a huge donation, similar to what Melo did for Syracuse, to bring a facility to the level it needs to be to bring in high level kids.

Bands don’t get as much as you think they do... and this is coming from a former college band member. Folks in the band for $2500 scholarships and the band sometimes draws more attendance than the actual game.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
As I said grapevine you need to stop acting like a bytch because I criticized you. You're the one telling folks what you and your wife did with your overcompensating ass so I think you're the one who needs attention more than me. Keep trying though sis
You're still overemotional, you're still begging for attention, you still have poor reading comprehension skills, and I still don't care.

Keep crying though, like a toddler you'll wear yourself out eventually.