Jemele Hill: It's time for black athletes to leave white colleges

All Star
Daps
It's a bit shortsighted to just throw this idea out and put the onus on a bunch of kids. Especially when you've been through the system your damn self and have an established career. If you want to start poaching these black D1 recruits to HBCU's to build generational wealth --- start donating.

Most of these HBCU football stadiums seat less than 10k people and are over 30 years old. The kids she's alluding to played in bigger stadiums when they were in high school. They're not passing on an NCAA scholarship for that.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
It would take maybe one or two top guys on that level to make a sacrifice for it to happen.:manny:

Buts let's say a guy like Lebron went for one year. The school gets the revenue/tv money and etc, thus providing more money (:mjgrin:) to bring other athletes the following year, and so on creating a chain

What happens there?

Ok so mike Beasley changed the face of KSU ?? He was a top talent, are they a national power ??

It’s doesn’t work as simple as kids show up and money comes, and i need you all to know that

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Ok so mike Beasley changed the face of KSU ?? He was a top talent, are they a national power ??

It’s doesn’t work as simple as kids show up and money comes, and i need you all to know that

This is a terrible argument.. u picked KSU and Beasley?

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
This is a terrible argument.. u picked KSU and Beasley?

No it is actually, he was a “can’t miss” prospect, they opened up the checkbook, and did his one and done, got KSU pub, and they ain’t been shyt since, it didn’t attract more athletes and they are still at the bottom, the only reason KSU is sustained is because the conference, y’all gotta get out this idea that 4-5 nikkas show up to howard and all of a sudden they are going to get a multi million dollar tv contract, more kids come, and other revenue comes, and that’s assuming 4-5 more kids will show up the following year. In order to get the kind of facilities that will be comparable, and staff it will take years, and millions of dollars.

Y’all (not the poster i quoted) but y’all in this thread, are putting the cart before the horse, you want kids to sacrifice for an agenda, and you are not preparing a place to for them to come into and thrive, all under the guise that it will get better for the other kids, that’s bull make their choice equal or as close to as possible, and it will sort itself out

Last edited:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just don’t see it, you would need to have at least 5 years of elite talent going to HBCUs and that’s a sacrifice most kids simply won’t make. Plus at 18 I was nowhere as pro black as I am now, most of these kids not even on that kind of wave.