Jemele Hill: It's time for black athletes to leave white colleges

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
So someone who makes a certain decision when they were 16, now twenty-five years later and in a new era with the wisdom of experience can never recommend a different decision to the young people coming up? How's shyt ever gonna change then? If our generation did it wrong, we're supposed to tell the next generation to do it wrong too?

What a keep losing mentality that would be. I'm recommending all sorts of shyt to kids that I didn't do myself, because I know things now I didn't know then.
Why dont you quote where we are specific on things like resources being spent in black colleges? What HBCUs are currently doing right for its black students? Tell us how HBCUs who rely on funding from state legislatures made up of mostly whites from PWIs can outflank and avoid financial punishment that would result from HBCUs harming PWIs?

Man please....black athletes arent worth harming schools that are responsible for creating our middle class. They simply arent.

I like that HBCUs are creating doctors, lawyers, musicians, teachers and not focusing on professional athletes.

Yall dudes are awfully short sighted

Last edited:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Nah. Its you suburban ass nevet struggled ass niqqas who lack the ability to be in someone elses shors

I'm not a suburban nikka and come from a city many of you nikkas couldn't make it in POST gentrification.

If the idea is that these kids are young and never had shyt, then doesn't this same excuse cover young Jemele deciding to attend a PWI and later in life exploring the idea of what the landscape of college sports programs would look like if Black athletes made strategy based decisions that didn't center themselves?

NYC Rebel

Daps
I'm not a suburban nikk?
Yes you are. You cant relate to niqqas whove grown up spending their entire lives living in the present of their current needs because thats how their family operated since their birth. And when they decide to go someplace that fixes their current needs, its that space that you call a trotted out trope.

Man fuxk you. You dont give two shyts about those kids

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I'm not a suburban nikka and come from a city many of you nikkas couldn't make it in POST gentrification.

If the idea is that these kids are young and never had shyt, then doesn't this same excuse cover young Jemele deciding to attend a PWI and later in life exploring the idea of what the landscape of college sports programs would look like if Black athletes made strategy based decisions that didn't center themselves?
Number one sign of a grapevine suburban black is making like a city by itself determines anything. nikka you might lived in some struggle city bad parts but you was on the porch nikka stop acting like you was out there like that. I don't get why you dudes come online trying to act like you were running with the local mob smfh.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Yeah you doing that online exaggeration stuff like most of the good players in state wasn't still going to LSU pre Saban. Even when Dinardo was there a lot of top cats in state were going to LSU. Stop the rewritten history fam and besides that this is overall not about one school even if what you said was true.

Fam,

What big time top recruits were LSU getting back in the 90s?? Kevin Fault and Cecil Collins were the only ones, Cecil Collins kept getting in trouble so that doesn't even count, dude aint even play a full season.

Name some more before the Saban area?

What top cats were going to LSU before Saban?? Most of those cats were going to GSU or SU

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
A kid having the ability to choose whatever school he or she wants is supposed to be a selfish decision.

In an ideal world where everything is equal, sure. People from other cultures that immigrate to America understand concretely why this "freedom in choosing" attitude isn't a luxury their kids have which is why they'll not only decide which schools their kids will attend, they'll also choose their career path for them whether they're interested in it or not.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
meaning... if we didn't jump to join white folks companies/schools/banks etc and fostered our own we wouldn't have to rely on them as much. We'd be closer to independent. But a lot of black folks believed the white mans ice was colder... so here we are.

A lot of black business came and went, it’s not as simple as a black utopia, and that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, you had a resurgence of kids picking hbcus in the 90’s

But you look at it now, and it’s still not a viable option for a big time prospect, and take it from me an hbcu alum

This is a piss poor excuse that's often trotted out to provide cover for people making selfish and short-sighted decisions.

What’s piss poor Is asking a 17/18 year old to satisfy your whims and die on your Hill when no one has put that kid in a position to win/thrive

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
HBCUs dont play in ny6 bowls...... also, why do you guys want young black men risk life and limb just to make you feel better? The black community doesnt really support its boys yet you want these young men to sacrifice when you dont want to sacrifice for them... gtfoh..... just like with paaging, i say let them choose what best for them... and hbcus arent the best football experience...

So cacs support the black players? How so?

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
What's so sad about all this is, the ones that don't even go to the NFL draft, those players that have played for these cacs schools, end up working in odd jobs. At least going to these cac schools, you should be set up to make a 6 figure salary, knowing the connects, these dudes end up working at Home Depot or being has beens

Playing in front all those cacs and not one can get you a 6 figure job? :mjtf:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
What’s piss poor Is asking a 17/18 year old to satisfy your whims and die on your Hill when no one has put that kid in a position to win/thrive

If a 17 year old is in a position to pick the program he'll attend for FREE, how is that student not in a position to win?

NYC Rebel

Daps
If a 17 year old is in a position to pick the program he'll attend for FREE, how is that student not in a position to win?
This dude grew up around white boys. This is the shyt they say

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Players start going to these HBCUs, the amenities will come, better coaches, leadership, etc.

Players start going to these HBCUs, HBCUs will become the bread-winner and wouldn't have to beg for crumbs

Players start going to these HBCUs, HBCUs you would get a better experience all-around.