Jemele Hill: It's time for black athletes to leave white colleges

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
You're still overemotional, you're still begging for attention, you still have poor reading comprehension skills, and I still don't care.

Keep crying though, like a toddler you'll wear yourself out eventually.
Sis your bytch logic doesn’t work on me. Try that with them Oreos you roll with offline. You keep replying while saying you don’t care. Like I said sis bytch logic at its finest.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Sis your bytch logic doesn’t work on me. Try that with them Oreos you roll with offline. You keep replying while saying you don’t care. Like I said sis bytch logic at its finest.
Still crying in my alerts I see. What time does your mother usually put you down for a nap? My nephew likes to drink milk before his, do you?

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always sit back and laugh at these threads. If i’m not mistaken, I may be the only poster who works in college athletics. This means I know the business intricately. Not through my boy who may work at a college or may have been a student-athlete at one time. No, I know the business in and out. And to listen to 99% of the takes you Coli knee grows have is just :mjlol:. I really only listen to the 1% of y’all who were actually student-athletes (Reb, RekkaPryde and a couple others) because they experienced all the things the other 99% have absolutely no idea about. Y’all just give talking points. Uninformed talking points at that.

I would love to see our young brehs and women student-athletes make the effort attend HBCU’s en masse, but the truth is the infrastructure is not there for them as STUDENTS or athletes. So, why should they have to put their future professional careers at risk for people like you or Jemele fukkin’ Hill’s wishy washy ass?

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
P

i did. Be your own spokesman. How is that quite wrong? HOW?

He’s not black

He doesn’t care about this

In an ideal world where everything is equal, sure. People from other cultures that immigrate to America understand concretely why this "freedom in choosing" attitude isn't a luxury their kids have which is why they'll not only decide which schools their kids will attend, they'll also choose their career path for them whether they're interested in it or not.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
He’s not black

He doesn’t care about this

In an ideal world where everything is equal, sure. People from other cultures that immigrate to America understand concretely why this "freedom in choosing" attitude isn't a luxury their kids have which is why they'll not only decide which schools their kids will attend, they'll also choose their career path for them whether they're interested in it or not.
Wheres the lie?

Yall dudes keep tabs on each other too much in here

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
The problem is that most of the HBCUs are already in dire straits financially so that puts them at a less than even playing field and in some cases that's literal. Some schools can't even afford the upkeep of their fields.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Why are so many black people vehemently opposed to one and done basketball players( who wouldn’t even go to college if they didn’t have to, going to hbcus.

Instead of just keeping quiet, dudes are loudly screaming “no, don’t do it. Go play for coach k or calipari”

Why not let them try it and see if it actually helps black people instead of assuming it won’t do anything

This is legit mind blowing

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Why are so many black people vehemently opposed to one and done basketball players( who wouldn’t even go to college if they didn’t have to, going to hbcus.

Instead of just keeping quiet, dudes are loudly screaming “no, don’t do it. Go play for coach k or calipari”

Why not let them try it and see if it actually helps black people instead of assuming it won’t do anything

This is legit mind blowing
Notice how you brought up the coaches instead of the schools.

Talented players + shyt coaching = PAC 12 Hoops. You need a good coach too. The problem is that an HBCU could never sustain a coach who could have a rep for recruiting and developing NBA players. He’d get snatched up so fast by a PWI and you couldn’t even hate on him for choosing the PWI. You’re not just asking the players to sacrifice. That HBCU would have to develop their own Mark Few, Chris Mack, Willard, etc.

The Coach K’s and Coach Cal’s get you to the league. That’s all the one and dones want. With Cal, doing it for the university is secondary to the goal of getting to the pros.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Notice how you brought up the coaches instead of the schools.

Talented players + shyt coaching = PAC 12 Hoops. You need a good coach too. The problem is that an HBCU could never sustain a coach who could have a rep for recruiting and developing NBA players. He’d get snatched up so fast by a PWI and you couldn’t even hate on him for choosing the PWI. You’re not just asking the players to sacrifice. That HBCU would have to develop their own Mark Few, Chris Mack, Willard, etc.

The Coach K’s and Coach Cal’s get you to the league. That’s all the one and dones want. With Cal, doing it for the university is secondary to the goal of getting to the pros.

You have hbcu coaches making the tournament with 2 star recruits

Coach cal and coach k have rosters full of the top players every year and they disappoint

You’re making a bunch of assumptions

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are you opposed to revenue from black players going to black institutions?

I feel like you are not reading the comments from the actual people who have worked or work in both sides. I've seen a few here.

It would help we have an actual intellectual conversation instead of reverting to insinuating that people just are hating HBCU because white water taste better.