Jay supports $300 M scholarships for Penn teens, critics say he's feeling like a Black Republican

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Also regarding funding. I went to a school where we were last in pretty much everything. But I never felt my education suffered because of it. We still had computers, we had our library, we had our overhead projectors, the teachers were knowledgeable and a lot of my teachers were black (it being a black high school after all). Funding was an issue when other schools were going on specific field trips, higher level coursea, different types of courses, and school events. But my educations that I needed to know (math, sciences, history, and language (English, literature, and Spanish) were offered and taught at a respectable level.

The biggest issue at my school was the distractions from the students. A lot of kids just didn't give a fukk. Their parents didn't give a fukk. We had a huge gang problem, teenage pregnancies, kids being disrespectful to the teachers and each other. The problem was the kids and the parents. I know for a fact we were better funded than some random school in China, but the difference is just cultural. One culture cares about school, the other doesn't.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
if that's all you have to offer this shows why you really don't belong in the conversation.

this is how your "talented 10th" is created and separated from the masses of the Black community. a few Blacks will be handpicked and given the opportunity for a better education, and the best of those will be continued to be groomed to further serve white supremacy. the rest will stay behind in shyt public schools and contribute to the growing school-to-prison pipeline.

anyone with common sense knows that improving public schools is the better option, but sadly common sense ain't too common in our communities anymore
What are u doing to help kids? U are on the forum on the damn sideline pretending to fukking care

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It hurts me that so many Black people display zero critical thinking when it comes to shït like this.

Charter schools and "school choice" initiatives are pushed by--and are to the benefit of--people who already had school options for their kids because of their wealth.

People always point to failing public schools but never ask the real question of WHY they fail.
I have critical thinking and I've seen this with my own two eyes. I want to give parents the best options they believe to help make them succeed. We also need better public education but it ain't due to lack of funding especially when you have states like NY spending 30k per pupil and countries outside the US spend a fraction per pupil and outpace us.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
What are u doing to help kids? U are on the forum on the damn sideline pretending to fukking care
I'm not here asking stupid, redundant questions. If I haven't done, or never do anything else I haven't done that. Which is more than I can say for you my friend.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Speak for yourself i mentor kids with sports programs. So miss me with your non helping ass
sure you do friend. you have damn near 50.000 posts on here. i mean who hasn't coached a youth sports team or two?

and what good are you if you haven't studied into the issues facing our youth anymore that "mentoring kids with sports programs" is all you have to offer?

Last edited:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikkas always think Jay Z is secretly plotting to destroy the black community. nikkas be reaching mastery levels of hate
he's not "secretly," he just openly endorses genuine neoliberal policies and initiatives that only sound good if you're: 1) an out of touch billionaire and 2) entirely ignorant of any social science over the last 40 years

its not "hating" its pointing out of often he is the black face of bad policies

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
he's not "secretly," he just openly endorses genuine neoliberal policies and initiatives that only sound good if you're: 1) an out of touch billionaire and 2) entirely ignorant of any social science over the last 40 years

Jay Z had done all kind of shyt community/charity wise and I definitely see nikkas nitpicking and cherry picking shyt and having bad intentions when they talk about dude and what he’s doing with his celebrity/money. If definitely comes off ass some hating ass shyt.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
This is a disaster of a plan. Philadelphia spends 4.3 billion dollars on its K-12 system yet it spends 6.7 billion dollars on its police force. The last thing Public schools need is to lose more funding for charter schools that pick and choose which Black students to give access to.

People don't understand that the lower the amount of kids in public schools, the lower the funding.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Breh that is the majority of Americans at glance it just look like he trying to do a good thing.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jay Z had done all kind of shyt community/charity wise and I definitely see nikkas nitpicking and cherry picking shyt and having bad intentions when they talk about dude and what he’s doing with his celebrity/money. If definitely comes off ass some hating ass shyt.
I'm not saying all of his charitable actions have been bad - that'd be an overexaggeration.

But becoming the face of one of the most pernicious, anti-democratic, and harmful education policies - privatization - does overshadow any of this minor charitable activities.

Remember his vocal support of Colin Kapernick, followed by him signing a minor deal with the NFL a couple of months later?

His crypto-currency wealth exploitation - that was just informal marketing for the crypto platform?

His support for the Barclays center (and with it the increased hyper-policing and displacement right in the heart of Brooklyn - just to sell his share for $1.5Ms.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh that is the majority of Americans at glance it just look like he trying to do a good thing.
but the majority of americans are "billionaire" celebrities helping fool their less educated and poorer counterparts into agreeing with an initiative that is *explicitly* to destroy the public education system in the U.S. and exacerbate racial and economic segregation.