Jay supports $300 M scholarships for Penn teens, critics say he's feeling like a Black Republican

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Public schools have funding. They are crumbling because of misappropriation of the funding. These teachers unions keeping useless teachers and these endless administrators making 150k+ a year to do nothing. No accountability.

Would you send your kids to one of these failing schools? Highly doubt it.

Newark NJ (the hood) is full of alternative (charter and private) schools that give black kids who want to have a chance a leg up. Most of them at no cost to the student. Yet many in the public system / union workers STILL complain.
Is all about money they don't give AF about these kids.

Anyone who is against giving our kids an escape gets a major side eye from me.

You saying black kids won't benefit. Prove it
You're honestly very dumb

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Dudes is all about Black ppl making their communities stronger except when it comes to schools

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
The” Charters segregate struggling kids “ argument makes no sense because public school systems have always done that,especially at the high school level .Around here there are two public high schools that are about business ..The “problem” is they don’t let a lot of kids in and if you’re not picked you’re relegated to your local high school full of nikkas that flat out don’t give a fukk…

These areas need more options for kids that are academically gifted.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
How are we spending more money per pupil in public education yet lagging behind several first world countries?
Because you can’t throw money at the real problem. In my areas case there are more parents with less than a high school diploma than there are parents with bachelor degrees.

Don’t matter how much money you throw at that issue …you’re not gonna solve it with just that

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
How are we spending more money per pupil in public education yet lagging behind several first world countries?
Fair question. There are systematic problems in education. However, the biggest difference is priorities and which funding cannot fix. Around the world, you see kids going to school for a purpose and their parents also pushing their studies. In America, school is a place many parents drop their kids off for eight hours a day. Within a given zip you can easily identify parent involvement in passing and failing schools.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Because you can’t throw money at the real problem. In my areas case there are more parents with less than a high school diploma than there are parents with bachelor degrees.

Don’t matter how much money you throw at that issue …you’re not gonna solve it with just that
Agreed! This is why I agree with you about giving parents other options. Until we can solve the public education problem let's empower parents.

Honestly I don't think the Prussian System of education works for all schools. There's different styles of learning, specialization, etc so I'm all for more Black children having the opportunity in charter schools

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Fair question. There are systematic problems in education. However, the biggest difference is priorities and which funding cannot fix. Around the world, you see kids going to school for a purpose and their parents also pushing their studies. In America, school is a place many parents drop their kids off for eight hours a day. Within a given zip you can easily identify parent involvement in passing and failing schools.
You got a point.

When it comes to Black people that's why it's so important for the infrastructure around us to be healthy. Income, Healthcare, overall quality of life.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
he's being used as a stooge to promote school privatization - same bullshyt Jigger gets himself involved with every 5 years or so

from that crypto scam bullshyt he was hawking a few years ago to him being a stalking horse for the brooklyn nets displacement campaign

he's not a business man, he's a stool-pigeon

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Folks really need to drop this lack of funding argument. :camby: Additional funding doesn't mean shyt if parents continue to not be involved in the kids education and not communicate with their teachers. Yes, education has a real systematic problem. However, I talked to teachers up and down the east coast and they all said the same thing. Black parents are in low numbers when it comes to being involved in their kids educations. Meanwhile, I can go to a pop warner football game and it looks like a block party.

You can't fix public schools with donated money. Stop pretending that you can. You can only fix public schools by changing the entire economic environment of the community around that school.

Parents with either the time or resources to supplement classroom activity, a safe home/neighborhood , positive and encouraging environment, visible goals, etc...... That's what you need to change public schools.

You're honestly very dumb

I work in the education field. They’re correct.

The biggest issue with public schools isn’t funding. It’s kids acting an ass, social media & bad parenting.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
What u gonna do for these kids?
if that's all you have to offer this shows why you really don't belong in the conversation.

this is how your "talented 10th" is created and separated from the masses of the Black community. a few Blacks will be handpicked and given the opportunity for a better education, and the best of those will be continued to be groomed to further serve white supremacy. the rest will stay behind in shyt public schools and contribute to the growing school-to-prison pipeline.

anyone with common sense knows that improving public schools is the better option, but sadly common sense ain't too common in our communities anymore

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
They want black kids to stay in their failing crumbling schools. If they can help our kids get scholarships go to somewhere better with more opportunity good for them.
I honestly have lost faith in the public education system considering how we're lagging behind countries. I do think that public education could use an overhaul but I also like the parents given choices as to where their children are educated. Not trying to be hyper individualistic but I guess I'm thinking of it as solving temporary problems now until we get that overhaul

It hurts me that so many Black people display zero critical thinking when it comes to shït like this.

Charter schools and "school choice" initiatives are pushed by--and are to the benefit of--people who already had school options for their kids because of their wealth.

People always point to failing public schools but never ask the real question of WHY they fail.

Last edited:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Initiative should have went towards public schools.

With that being said, public schools are at the mercy of not being able to just deny and remove students for any reason. I'm wholey in favor of opening alternative schools where continuously rowdy students get sent to so the students who actually give a fukk about their lives can learn in a productive enviornment. Private schools provide that, but they're prohibitively expensive, lack regulation, and known to be "selective".

There is a real campaign to get public schools the fukk out of here and it's a shame that many people don't see it.