Jamaicans tell the truth on how Black Americans gave them rhyming, and two turntables

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
You were on this thread before me tho.

:mjlol:
BoringUnfortunateEasteuropeanshepherd-size_restricted.gif

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Dancehall involves rhythmic speaking and originated around the same time as hip hop in the mid to late 70s. Hip hop didn't became globally known until the mid 80s. Was Jamaica one of the first places in the world to hear hip hop music or is it something else?

See my post here where Supercat talks about Rapper Delight blowing uo the Island in the late 70s

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/jam...nd-two-turntables.827837/page-2#post-40652487

they started doing rappers delight knockoffs in jamaica right after sugar hill gang started bubbling

1979 Xanadu (2) & Sweet Lady - Rappers Delight

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
props. I didn't know any of this..confident old head said "hell yeah" he was before Kool Herc. lol

So what's the reason behind Kool Herc getting credit? is this a Rosa Parks situation, where she gets credit but others were doing it too

Kool Herc got over credited because younger teens (the people who would credit him later) who lived around his area (West Bronx) were too scared to go places like Bronxdale and Bronxriver or they were too young

1*o8walHUUfQOd_xF9V-2dSg.jpeg

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Kool Herc got over credited because younger teens (the people who would credit him later) who lived outside of his area (West Bronx) were too scared to go places like Bronxdale and Bronxriver or they were too young

1*o8walHUUfQOd_xF9V-2dSg.jpeg

@Isaiah Bradley

this old head from herc's side of the Bronx talks about how he didn't know too much about brondxdale/soundview/bronx river, pioneers because those areas were OFF LIMITS if you were an out-of- towner/only traveled on the west side of the bronx; so he first only knew of Herc

Jazzy Jay who later became the DJ for Afrika Baambatta says that Bronxdale was forbidden territory

you couldn't go in there unless you had gang support

Last edited:

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've never heard a Jamaican claim hip hop is Jamaican in my life. Coli brehs stay triggered by this issue BECAUSE they hate immigrants. Same reason a few brehs on this board hate on NY hip hop because all the rappers were not ADOS.

Hip Hop is an American art form. The most the history ever said was it has influences from dancehall culture never that it was actually Jamaican. influence is not origin... How come the people that were in NY not triggered by this?

thecoli.dumb
there are no lies. no Jamaicans ever claim hip hop. y'all stay mad over nothing :laff:
If this ain't the most true post.

The Coli really hates on any black immigrants and it's like.... Is this supposed to help black people at all? lol

And yeah.. never been a Jamaican claiming Hip Hop was made there lol, when I speak to fresh off the boat Jamaicans they hardly understand the dialect in rap tbh...

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

The Coli really hates on any black immigrants and it's like.... Is this supposed to help black people at all? lol

And yeah.. never been a Jamaican claiming Hip Hop was made there lol, when I speak to fresh off the boat Jamaicans they hardly understand the dialect in rap tbh...
It's a false post from a Kenyan Canadian that has only lived in Kenya and Canada
Nobody hates on black immigrants and it's like, are y'all coming to help black people or your bullshyt tribes/ethnic groups that you put over being black until it's convenient? Go home. Fly your flag at home. SURVIVE as a returnee. Maintain PROPERTY as a returnee.
:usure::patrice::sas2:

Carolyn Cooper | Reclaiming the Jamaican roots of hip hop <<< lies from Jamaica's main news source
https://www.rockthebells.com/blogs/articles/jamaican-soundsystem-culture-history <<< more lies from a major music festival website
Hip hop is born at a birthday party in the Bronx <<<< lies on history.com, a major HISTORY website

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

dude, this is from jamaica's main newspaper/site:deadrose:

Carolyn Cooper | Reclaiming the Jamaican roots of hip hop