Jamaicans tell the truth on how Black Americans gave them rhyming, and two turntables

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
I've never heard a Jamaican claim hip hop is Jamaican in my life. Coli brehs stay triggered by this issue BECAUSE they hate immigrants. Same reason a few brehs on this board hate on NY hip hop because all the rappers were not ADOS.

Hip Hop is an American art form. The most the history ever said was it has influences from dancehall culture never that it was actually Jamaican. influence is not origin... How come the people that were in NY not triggered by this?

thecoli.dumb
there are no lies. no Jamaicans ever claim hip hop. y'all stay mad over nothing :laff:
Busta just claimed it on Drink Champs.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
It's always been about the origin; this is the claim of Jamaicans

Jamaica had no popular music until the 1960s after imitating R&B and birthing Ska

What we now know as rapping and then/hiphop was in America before Reggae and Dancehall were even a thing

rapping 1920s

funk(y) beat + rapping = hiphop 1960s

djing with 2 tables and a mixer never existed in Jamaica prior to American disco; what people wrongly credit herc with was already a disco djing staple-exactly where Herc got the idea

200.gif

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
I've never heard a Jamaican claim hip hop is Jamaican in my life. Coli brehs stay triggered by this issue BECAUSE they hate immigrants. Same reason a few brehs on this board hate on NY hip hop because all the rappers were not ADOS.

Hip Hop is an American art form. The most the history ever said was it has influences from dancehall culture never that it was actually Jamaican. influence is not origin... How come the people that were in NY not triggered by this?

thecoli.dumb
there are no lies. no Jamaicans ever claim hip hop. y'all stay mad over nothing :laff:

Def some internet

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
All black cultures in the diaspora are amazing but African Americans are just giants and head and shoulders above everybody I mean something as simple as how our women twerk and move their bodies like water and a African chick with a nice ass look stiff compared to them:yeshrug:

:mjlol:

:duck:

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Yeah, he was reaching with that one

I didn’t give that video to start som diaspora wars, I linked it cause the OG Jamaican djs told the story from their own mouths about who influenced and emulated who

it’s funny how the people who claim to not be about diaspora wars are the same people disagreeing or arguing about the video. shyt is crazy!

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
I don't know who YOU encountered; I'm talking the general feeling of Jamaicans' on HipHop's origin and the misleading history that they and other's have been passing as fact since the 1980's. Straight from the mouth of a younger generation of Jamaicans

they don't realize their facts are backwards:russ:

props. I didn't know any of this..confident old head said "hell yeah" he was before Kool Herc. lol

So what's the reason behind Kool Herc getting credit? is this a Rosa Parks situation, where she gets credit but others were doing it too

truth2you

All Star
Daps
props. I didn't know any of this..confident old head said "hell yeah" he was before Kool Herc. lol

So what's the reason behind Kool Herc getting credit? is this a Rosa Parks situation, where she gets credit but others were doing it too
It’s because he was the first to give a breakbeat party, and that is the beginning of hip hop music, it’s other people who add all the other nonsense

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
hiphop influenced dancehall music; not the other way around
Dancehall involves rhythmic speaking and originated around the same time as hip hop in the mid to late 70s. Hip hop didn't became globally known until the mid 80s. Was Jamaica one of the first places in the world to hear hip hop music or is it something else?

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Dancehall involves rhythmic speaking and originated around the same time as hip hop in the mid to late 70s. Hip hop didn't became globally known until the mid 80s. Was Jamaica one of the first places in the world to hear hip hop music or is it something else?
That’s not true. Rappers delight came out in 1979, and was a hit all over the world. Dancehall as we know it today started in the early 80’s

even the dj for stone love said they would always go crazy for kiss fm(98.7) tapes to come to Jamaica in the late 70’s, and they were amazed how they mixed the music so fast. It’s cause nyc djs were the first to use two turntables together. Mixing like that was happening since the late 60’s in nyc!

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, he was reaching with that one

I didn’t give that video to start som diaspora wars, I linked it cause the OG Jamaican djs told the story from their own mouths about who influenced and emulated who

it’s funny how the people who claim to not be about diaspora wars are the same people disagreeing or arguing about the video. shyt is crazy!
Man shut up:mjtf: I’m not starting a diaspora war I’m giving my opinion on a message board.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
That’s not true. Rappers delight came out in 1979, and was a hit all over the world. Dancehall as we know it today started in the early 80’s

even the dj for stone love said they would always go crazy for kiss fm(98.7) tapes to come to Jamaica in the late 70’s, and they were amazed how they mixed the music so fast. It’s cause nyc djs were the first to use two turntables together. Mixing like that was happening since the late 60’s in nyc!
Makes sense. After all, virtually every account agree that hip hop originated in New York. If it was purely Jamaican-made than hip hop or something similar would've also began in London around the same time where there is a significant Jamaican community . Yet, the earliest UK rap song dates back to 1983, when hip hop already gaining a foothold throughout the world.