Jamaicans tell the truth on how Black Americans gave them rhyming, and two turntables

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Straight piff!!!! I've been saying for years (this video only confirms what I've been stated on this board) that you have to listen to the Jamaican OG's/pioneers because they tell the truth and openly admit where they got their ideas that birthed modern popular Jamaican music/sound system culture.

You should probably look for a better use of your time

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It's obvious that Jamaicans did have a big influence in the early hip hop movement however, I just doubt they single-handedly created the genre.
not according to coli expert @IllmaticDelta

they had no influence but all their music was American influenced

thecoli.com

this website is full of disgruntled bitter brehs with a bone to pick...

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
This paternalistic and condescending attitude is the reason behind much of the "diaspora wars" that exist
I’m a huge proponent of we’re all black like most African Americans are but as I’ve gotten older I’ve came to understand that others from the diaspora don’t feel this way and look down on us. It’s not all but too damn many and it’s a issue that needs to be honestly addressed. I’m also not being divisive when I make claims about us being leaders in culture, because American culture is African American culture and it rules the world:yeshrug: like I said to another poster we are not on African themed forums but you guys are on AA ones

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Lol dumb people like you love to hand pick random sh*t to justify their opinions.

Meanwhile your dumb ass probably never been to an African party or even bump some African music videos

:russ:
I’m cultured you dumb fukk:mjpls: I’ve sampled plenty of our great black cultures and I love them all:ufdup:i just happen to think us African Americans have the best, why is that a problem :mjpls:

Budda

Superstar
Daps
not according to coli expert @IllmaticDelta

they had no influence but all their music was American influenced

thecoli.com

this website is full of disgruntled bitter brehs with a bone to pick...

Clearing up an opinion which many are wrongly led to believe is not being disgruntled, soak the information up rather than taking everything personal:yeshrug:.

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Damn I low-key get confused every time I see thread like this. As a Jamaican I always saw Black Americans and Jamaicans/Africans as part of the same family tree. Seems like there is a lot more separation than I thought.
Yeah... it's pretty sad bro.

You can't even come into a thread like this and speak facts if it doesn't go directly with the narrative they're trying to form.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Clearing up an opinion which many are wrongly led to believe is not being disgruntled, soak the information up rather than taking everything personal:yeshrug:.
Which I don’t get. He knows this belief has been had for decades, but instead of arguing, he should be happy to learn something cause the video also dealt with toasting coming from the states

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Yeah... it's pretty sad bro.

You can't even come into a thread like this and speak facts if it doesn't go directly with the narrative they're trying to form.
Huh?

this thread is about facts but you’re the one complaining. You could’ve watched the video, and posted nothing, Instead you hear talking about Jamaicans never said such, and such

you’re projecting

Mtt

Superstar
Daps
@IllmaticDelta This video has the OG Jamaican artists telling the truth, while Americans are telling the lies. shyt is crazy!

Kool Kerc form th Bronx is jamaican descent and his peers call him godfather of hip hop and he spoke about playing large speakers in the public park he got that from the islands with his two turntables and couple of DJ's like afrika bambata only few played "break beats" for breakdancers using existing music like Apache song,james brown and other songs..etcc..
people forget that Rap is NOT the only form of hip hop.