Jamaicans tell the truth on how Black Americans gave them rhyming, and two turntables

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Clash.
Garage.
Hip hop.
Jungle.
Drum n bass.
Raggaeton
1.Inspired by dance-offs and competitive radio disc jockeys/AA street parties.
2.Came from the United States, Paradise Garage club in the 80s, DJed by Larry Levan
3.Based on ADOS breakbeats
4.Based on ADOS breakbeats
5.Hispanics stealing a dancehall loop and jamaicans keeping zero energy with them because ?????

Somebody

All Star
Daps
This thread is nonsense to you cause you don’t want to hear it, no intelligent person would call correcting history nonsense, unless it goes against their beliefs

Secondly, let’s just say you’re correct about Caribbean’s coming to the Carolinas in the 18th century, that doesn’t mean they have a Caribbean culture, even a weak one, today. My family is from the Carolinas, and I used to go every summer, nothing bout the Caribbean was talked about or was similar. I grew up in Flatbush so I know both sides. What they had in common was they were small town people

you just read books, and trying to make connections, but Ya theory is wrong, and anyone from these places that’s older will tell you the same. Now, it’s more immigrants in those areas you named, so they are rewriting history to put themselves in the story, but to me you are making yourself the enemy by lying, and making it harder to get what we are owed from this country. Once you make these claims you automatically kill the claim of racism!

so, I say that to say this. fukk YOU:pacspit:

No cap, the best box I had was from a shorty who fam is from the Carolinas. Skin like midnight and a face like something off a totem pole.

Yea, but u right. Racism ain’t real to me.

Meaning if my ppl keep leaving their garbage outside at night, we can’t blame the bear for doing what it does.

u should study philosophy. Meditate on the relationship between belief and lying.

Once you understand that, you’ll stop engaging so hotly with those u perceive as your enemy.

Sounds like u wanna scream down on the enemy more than u want to build with a brother.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
A thread like this will pop up every once in a while. Just an example here

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/where-was-hip-hop-created.619631/

And @IllmaticDelta and others have to come and bring receipts.

"I've never heard a jamaican claim they created hip hop"

Yeah, well where are all the misconceptions coming from then?:usure: and it has to get rehashed over and over.

And the same vibe plays out in these threads where a select number of brehs play obtuse in the face of all the receipts given and don't back down from what they "thought" was the truth. Like they have a stake in not conceding all the facts given.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
A history of the black american disc jockey....they talk about many things, amongst them, they mention the rapping dj's from the 1940s/1950s

PJs9OFcfy-ykRv9hZuDK5QVDZv7-UDNhVJfENzHbUBI5_ejlfsyfunKvHwOKCA

Golden Age of Black Radio - Part 1: The Early Years - Archives of African American Music and Culture - Google Arts & Culture

Golden Age of Black Radio - Part 2: Deejays - Archives of African American Music and Culture - Google Arts & Culture

related docu that touched on mainly black radio dj's in NYC

Behind The Mic & On The Set :The Legends Of New York Radio Documentary (full docu isn't out yet)

@truth2you

Behind the Mic and On The Set - "New York Black Radio The Untold Story" is a groundbreaking documentary written, directed and produced by filmaker Michael Baril . This novel documentary is a comprehensive appraisal of African American radio history from 1940s to present day. From its inception, this historical endeavor sought to preserve, acknowledge, and protect the legacy of African American contributions to the radio broadcasting industry of New York City. Here is a clip from our film

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Can we get this info published on Medium.com or in a Academic journal?!

truth2you

All Star
Daps

I don’t know if that guy was trying to dis or not, but PR guys were wicked with it, I can’t laugh at that. Nore is definitely half Puerto Rican!

As soon as I think of handball, I think of the Puerto Rican OG’s lighting up a joint before playing. Weed wasn’t as cool as it is now for the average person, so I always was in awe when I smelt it in the air, looked at the guys puffing like they were outlaws

The good times:blessed:

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
BUMP, there is an anti-Black American African woman on Twitter saying that if it wasn't for Reggae, Jazz, and African rythym, etc. Hip-Hop would've never been born.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

The HipHop origin part has been covered: Everyone was operating under Afram musical norms/culture (disco music, funk, oral/wordplay, disco soundsystem , djing styles etc..) regardless if they were Afram, West Indian, Hispanic, Italian etc....

To the rest of what they posted:

That person on twitter is stretching partial truth into a fantasy. Afro-New Worlders obviously have ancestral African links for obvious reasons (slavery); in the case of Aframs, they have ancestral/inherit Africanisms which is totally different from post-slavery African influences. She's trying too hard to link generic Africanisms of old world Africa to creolized genres of music in New World America's. For example, let's look at drumming

this is African drumming (mainly hand with some hit by a mallet/stick)

This is creolized Afram origin (modern drum kit as we know it)

....the two styles are related but the African drumming has no creolization with the European drum corps/marching band tradition

the final form of the creolization process

HipHop exists because of the creolization process that's unique unto Aframs...

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
A history of the black american disc jockey....they talk about many things, amongst them, they mention the rapping dj's from the 1940s/1950s

PJs9OFcfy-ykRv9hZuDK5QVDZv7-UDNhVJfENzHbUBI5_ejlfsyfunKvHwOKCA

Golden Age of Black Radio - Part 1: The Early Years - Archives of African American Music and Culture - Google Arts & Culture

Golden Age of Black Radio - Part 2: Deejays - Archives of African American Music and Culture - Google Arts & Culture

related docu that touched on mainly black radio dj's in NYC

Behind The Mic & On The Set :The Legends Of New York Radio Documentary (full docu isn't out yet)

@truth2you

Behind the Mic and On The Set - "New York Black Radio The Untold Story" is a groundbreaking documentary written, directed and produced by filmaker Michael Baril . This novel documentary is a comprehensive appraisal of African American radio history from 1940s to present day. From its inception, this historical endeavor sought to preserve, acknowledge, and protect the legacy of African American contributions to the radio broadcasting industry of New York City. Here is a clip from our film

One of these dj's cut this track in the 1960s shouting out many of these black djs....

funky beat and doing that slick rhyme talk in the 1960s:takedat: more on him