Jamaicans get the most Etherous nikka Wake Up Calls

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol:

i'd push that slogan, too, if i were <5% of the population and yet still wielded considerable wealth and status over the darker-skinned majority.

we gonna act like a white yardie or haitian isn't aware of his "whiteness" in the midst of living in a predominantly black country... and it not taking precedent over being the same nationality as dark-skinned delroy from trenchtown. :mjlol:

the "it's all classism!" narrative is delusion... i just think blacks in america apparently are more aware of it now. :patrice:
:ohhh: you Jamaican? if not then stfu. even in North America, whites don't identify as white, they identify first as American or hyphenated American. i grew up in the US so i get it but its not that hard to understand that people identify with their nationalities first outside North America.

i also never said white Jamaicans aren't aware of their whiteness. i said they identify as Jamaican first , white second

He's lying. Chinese were warded off by black jamaicans because they kept to themselves during the 70/80s many successful large jamaican businesses are owned by chinese jamaicans who enigrated in canada. Don't get me wrong...there are succesful black jamaicans too. But a big part of black Jamaicans imprint is on music/sports not business.
i'm not lying about shyt. thats your issue. you read something online and think you know everything. You're a confused ass togobytch from Canada da fuq you know about the Caribbean or Jamaica in particular :martin:

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
you need to talk about the racism among blacks where light skinned blacks are treated differently than dark skinned blacks down there. that's what i heard is serious down there.
I was not raised in a colorist household were distinctions on skin colour/mixedness was a thing until i started interacting with jamaicans/caribbeans. Like cruel jokes...

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
:ohhh: you Jamaican? if not then stfu. even in North America, whites don't identify as white, they identify first as American or hyphenated American. i grew up in the US so i get it but its not that hard to understand that people identify with their nationalities first outside North America.

i also never said white Jamaicans aren't aware of their whiteness. i said they identify as Jamaican first , white second

i'm not lying about shyt. thats your issue. you read something online and think you know everything. You're a confused ass togobytch from Canada da fuq you know about the Caribbean or Jamaica in particular :martin:
Insults are not necessary.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
don't say i'm lying. maybe you should ask me a question and i can learn you
I called you a liar not a bytch. Big difference...if you dont know how to converse with a modicum of respect than take yourself out of the conversation.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
And how you figure that :stopitslime:

because they still quote that ole "out of many, one people" bullshyt. It's that crap that keeps dark skinned blacks in Jamaica, the majority of the population, quelled and not questioning why more of their people aren't/weren't in the higher echelon.

It's gotten better, but in the 90's and earlier - you could identify "uptowners" strictly on the color of the skin - Jamaica - thought not explicitly racist, has one of the worse deep rooted racially derived caste systems in the West. How are you going to have 90% blacks but the majority of the rich and powerful were whites, indians, chinese?

• Dap
Reactions: Yup

Deluuxe

Deadly Jester
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If you don't care what white people think then why do you fear that they might place you in the same category as "corrupt African Americans" . I believe that was the term you used in the other thread you were trolling. If you really didn't care about the opinions of white folk you wouldn't be so fearful of being stigmatized by being associated with the "corrupt culture of African Americans". You live in Toronto so why do African American issues stay on your non comprehensive brain so much? Since you really don't care?.......

You clown, nobody is scared of being stigmatized by whites because of Black American culture, it is a rotten culture that promotes nothing positive. You want to win so bad your making arguments I have never made and twisting words up, I already said what I had to say, Black Americans know its true, and the same things have been said by different leaders in your community. Go cry somewhere else.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
out of all blacks Jamaicans are the least c00nish.
tumblr_npu1td477Y1tkughdo1_250.gif

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
because they still quote that ole "out of many, one people" bullshyt. It's that crap that keeps dark skinned blacks in Jamaica, the majority of the population, quelled and not questioning why more of their people aren't/weren't in the higher echelon.

It's gotten better, but in the 90's and earlier - you could identify "uptowners" strictly on the color of the skin - Jamaica - thought not explicitly racist, has one of the worse deep rooted racially derived caste systems in the West. How are you going to have 90% blacks but the majority of the rich and powerful were whites, indians, chinese?
Nah. the thing is class in Jamaica is not rigid and there is a black upper class. the politicians are all black. the decision makers are black. the corrupt rulers that sold out the nation were/are black. Jamaica is not like the US where there is an upper 1% white class ruling over poor black subjects. Its 2015 not 1940. the race/color stratification in Jamaica has loosened considerably.The nonblacks obviously have disproportionately more wealth and influence but there is no more white upper class rule. and to say that the national motto is the reason for poor Jamaicans being poor is absolutely ridiculous and offensive.

and i wholeheartedly disagree with the underlined. go take a look at Brazil, DR, USA, Haiti, and others

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Nah. the thing is class in Jamaica is not rigid and there is a black upper class. the politicians are all black. the decision makers are black. the corrupt rulers that sold out the nation were/are black. Jamaica is not like the US where there is an upper 1% white class ruling over poor black subjects. Its 2015 not 1940. the race/color stratification in Jamaica has loosened considerably.The nonblacks obviously have disproportionately more wealth and influence but there is no more white upper class rule. and to say that the national motto is the reason for poor Jamaicans being poor is absolutely ridiculous and offensive.

and i wholeheartedly disagree with the underlined. go take a look at Brazil, DR, USA, Haiti, and others

1. You said it's 2015 not 1940 but ignored this whole sentence

It's gotten better, but in the 90's and earlier

then you rant about how much better it is - that's exactly what i stated; however, the remnants are still there.
2. you said the politicians are all black. Okay, I never said they weren't. I clearly stated that the lighter skinned people were put into different caste system then darker skinned ones. Tell me outside of Portia and Patterson, how many dark skinned PM's has jamaica had? Don't get me started on Seaga

I find it offensive that a nation constituting so many dark skinned black people, doesn't have the same representation in their elite/higher echelon and people of power historically.

Brazil , DR, USA -aren't predominately black like Jamaica is and Haiti has the same issues but not to the magnitude Jamaica has.

3. I want to reiterate, I'm not talking about "blacks" solely. I consider having a bunch of mixbreeds/mulattos/douglas sitting at the table a slap in the face and definitely a compromise versus recognizing dark-skinned black people as equals

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life

Black politicians in a country where whites/non blacks control a majority of business/economics simply mean that black politicans are figureheads. I can point to several african countries like this (i.e/south africa). Jamaica is a black island in the same way that south africa countr but both push these idea of a rainbow nation. I don't know of any non black nation that would let its black minority have such a control of the image that they export. I think what the previous poster is trying to articulate is this multicultural mirage gives many black jamaicans a false sense of equality. Black jamaican like any black nation need to focus on pursuig economics/business instead of pushing a false premise where they are racially/economically disenfranchised by a large margin.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life

then you rant about how much better it is - that's exactly what i stated; however, the remnants are still there.
2. you said the politicians are all black. Okay, I never said they weren't. I clearly stated that the lighter skinned people were put into different caste system then darker skinned ones. Tell me outside of Portia and Patterson, how many dark skinned PM's has jamaica had? Don't get me started on Seaga

I find it offensive that a nation constituting so many dark skinned black people, doesn't have the same representation in their elite/higher echelon and people of power historically.

Brazil , DR, USA -aren't predominately black like Jamaica is and Haiti has the same issues but not to the magnitude Jamaica has.
I honestly think that it is worse than Jamaica.

Daps
Reppin
Canada

3. I want to reiterate, I'm not talking about "blacks" solely. I consider having a bunch of mixbreeds/mulattos/douglas sitting at the table a slap in the face and definitely a compromise versus recognizing dark-skinned black people as equals

Yeah Jamaica is worse than Brazil and Haiti. :dahell:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
I honestly think that it is worse than Jamaica.

it probably is but i think there's less white/light skinned Haitians then an island like Jamaica and as someone above mentioned, Jamaica tends to promote this optic that it's such a transcendent nation when it comes to skin color.

I think with Haiti we all realize the blacks are poor across the board