Jamaicans get the most Etherous nikka Wake Up Calls

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I don't understand how black jamaican can live on an island that is pvee 90% black where the upper class is majorly other and think that white/asians are the same as them just cause they can speak patois. That is so stupid.

I really hate the "...out of many people we are are..." label.
Because national identity > race in most of the world

thekidvoodoo

8-bit
Daps
"Under many, one people" , they seriously need to destroy that shyt.

It has nothing to do with wanting to be accepted by whites, people are trying to come to the country and compete in the society just like everyone else. Its you people who are stuck on being accepted by whites which is why you measure everything you do by whites. "They will get their wakeup call" :mjlol:, like the words of whites are godly hymns. These black americans :russ:
Who do you mean by you people?"

Walk softly, breh.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Because national identity > race in most of the world
That's what i hear people say on here...yet when i interact with caribbeans and read up on history they are very aware that race and class intersect. When you have a clear black/darkskinned underclass and white/mixed underclass than you must be blind to think that "out of many people, we are one..." applies. Jamaica is a predominantly black island that has a predominantly black culture with some asiatic/white influence. Not the other way around. Many jamaicans and haitians that i have interacted have a big complex about skin colour and being known as the least mixed nation in the caribbean.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
I do not define myself based on the opinions of others. 1 million whites can call me ******, I still don't see myself as a ******.

Can you see how backwards you think?

"The whites think you are ******s, so why do you think of yourself as a Jamaican" :dahell: Since when are whites gods to which they can define me or anyone else? You guys think they are because you allow them to do that with you.
If you don't care what white people think then why do you fear that they might place you in the same category as "corrupt African Americans" . I believe that was the term you used in the other thread you were trolling. If you really didn't care about the opinions of white folk you wouldn't be so fearful of being stigmatized by being associated with the "corrupt culture of African Americans". You live in Toronto so why do African American issues stay on your non comprehensive brain so much? Since you really don't care?.......

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
That's what i hear people say on here...yet when i interact with caribbeans and read up on history they are very aware that race and class intersect. When you have a clear black/darkskinned underclass and white/mixed underclass than you must be blind to think that "out of many people, we are one..." applies. Jamaica is a predominantly black island that has a predominantly black culture with some asiatic/white influence. Not the other way around. Many jamaicans and haitians that i have interacted have a big complex about skin colour and being known as the least mixed nation in the caribbean.
There is a black middle class and black upper class in Jamaica. People arent segregated by race instead by class in Jamaica. Yes people are very aware of race but that doesnt mean that ppl in Jamaica dont see themselves as Jamaican first then black/indian/mixed/etc

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
In Jamaica for the most part whether you're black or white you're a Jamaican. Under many people we are one. For the most part white Jamaicans dont consider themselves white just Jamaican.
You're going to have classism (which is getting worse) and for the most part the upper class consists of whites, Indians, and Chinese; but that's a given anywhere. Jamaicans grow up having no real idea of the deep intracassies of racism and most white people they see are on TV and in Movies.

Most know racism exists but once they come to America and white people are treating them kindly they start to think its a myth and overblown and exaggerated and many times end up c00ning hard for white people and see African Americans as incitors of their own destruction. They believe if they just work hard enough and surround themselves with white pepper and adopt their walk they'll be accepted.

However once something goes missing, a job is up for grabs, or their white friends get too comfortable around them enough to do the "you're not like the others speech" their sleep begins to dissapate.

So many of my family members talk to me about coming to America thinking white people were so nice because they'll always smile in your face and be polite to you. Everyone I talk to talks about the subtly of it especially. In Most black communities if someone doesn't like you you don't have to ask. With many white people they'll smile in your face while sharpening the blade to stab you in the back once it best benefits them or they don't need you anymore. This smile is usually indistinguishable from a sincere smile.

Most AA's are already hip to these games though because they've had to play them so many times for generations. A NWC etherourous as a child than when it's administered as an adult(just like chicken pox).

When Islanders/Africans get theirs its usually out of no where and many times public. Their whole view of their environment becomes flipped and they realize that no matter what they do they will not be seen as equals even if they distance themselves from AA's.

I see some people complain that Jamaicans c00n a lot. I'm not defending it but you gotta understand where their coming from. Jamaican men born after 1980 love white girls too just like they love bmws because it's something they associated with wealth and high status when they were younger. If any Jamaicans disagree with me feel free to correct me. Bless

You're description makes Jamaicans sound ignorant.

Classism?

Classism as you define it, based on race, is nothing but a fundamental supremacy and racism.

You have an island 93% black and there's a disproportionate amount of light skinned Jamaicans who are well off compared to dark skinned ones.

The reality is dark skinned Jamaicans don't know any better and expect to be 3rd class citizens.

AA don't expect to be but prefer to fight this systematically and institutionally. Whereas Jamaicans come over and see AA successful and try to outwork them for the opportunity.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
You're description makes Jamaicans sound ignorant.

Classism?

Classism as you define it, based on race, is nothing but a fundamental supremacy and racism.

You have an island 93% black and there's a disproportionate amount of light skinned Jamaicans who are well off compared to dark skinned ones.

The reality is dark skinned Jamaicans don't know any better and expect to be 3rd class citizens.

AA don't expect to be but prefer to fight this systematically and institutionally. Whereas Jamaicans come over and see AA successful and try to outwork them for the opportunity.
And how you figure that :stopitslime:

A1aaa

Respectful Fade Runner & Card Puller
Daps
Regardless they see themselves as Jamaicans first and they push the "out of many one" slogan in Jamaica

:mjlol:

i'd push that slogan, too, if i were <5% of the population and yet still wielded considerable wealth and status over the darker-skinned majority.

we gonna act like a white yardie or haitian isn't aware of his "whiteness" in the midst of living in a predominantly black country... and it not taking precedent over being the same nationality as dark-skinned delroy from trenchtown. :mjlol:

the "it's all classism!" narrative is delusion... i just think blacks in america apparently are more aware of it now. :patrice:

• Dap
Reactions: Yup

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
:mjlol:

i'd push that slogan, too, if i were <5% of the population and yet still wielded considerable wealth and status over the darker-skinned majority.

we gonna act like a white yardie or haitian isn't aware of his "whiteness" in the midst of living in a predominantly black country... and it not taking precedent over being the same nationality as dark-skinned delroy from trenchtown. :mjlol:

the "it's all classism!" narrative is delusion... i just think blacks in america apparently are more aware of it now. :patrice:

He's lying. Chinese were warded off by black jamaicans because they kept to themselves during the 70/80s many successful large jamaican businesses are owned by chinese jamaicans who enigrated in canada. Don't get me wrong...there are succesful black jamaicans too. But a big part of black Jamaicans imprint is on music/sports not business. To claim that in multiracial society that nationality trumps race at all times when there's a clear concentration of wealth in a minority population is disingenous.

Although nationality can unite that doesnt mean people are unaware that they are an underclass and the upperclass tends to be the lightest of them all. But instead of fighting it...many want to breed into it which never changes the status quo.
If some blacks continue to associate blackness to social activism/underclass/poverty...the mindset will never change even in the most problack of circles. Jamaicans have a lot more in common with AA than they think.

Last edited:

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you need to talk about the racism among blacks where light skinned blacks are treated differently than dark skinned blacks down there. that's what i heard is serious down there.

• Dap
Reactions: Yup