J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
I like all the debate over TPAB but haven't seen anyone defend Mr Morale :pachaha:
Mr morale was a great album. Production was more subdued than his previous efforts but its still a quality listen

Worldwide steppers is one of my favorite songs. The first beat and the temporary switch plus the way kendrick was flowing over it was nasty :wow:

Rich spirit, count me out, savior, die hard, father time, united in grief, silent hill, and n95 all stay in rotation too

Mother I sober and auntie diaries ate also prime kendrick. The latter gets flack for obvious reasons but I thought it was a dope way to show love to his family members

Plus, it was revealing to learn that his trans uncle was one of his inspirations to rap. Kendrick has always used his music to tell other people perspectives that are very different from his own. i.e. Sing about me and keisha's story

It didn't feel forced or exploitative for clout either. Tied into the themes of the album. Generational traumas and the search for identity in spite of them

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If you fukked 112, you couldn’t “do numbers”

- J Cole
...that's death over designer
Hey, Cole heating up like leftover lasagna

- Cole

I'm funny aware of how much this dude has improved. Trust me

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
...that's death over designer
Hey, Cole heating up like leftover lasagna

- Cole

I'm funny aware of how much this dude has improved. Trust me

Cole is one of the few bright spots in hip hop today bc he’s one of the last ones actually rapping, competitively. What he did on first person shooter was amazing

I got no issues with Cole at all. Kendrick is just on a different tier imo. Im willing to argue that all day

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Cole is one of the few bright spots in hip hop today bc he’s one of the last ones actually rapping, competitively. What he did on first person shooter was amazing

I got no issues with Cole at all. Kendrick is just on a different tier imo. Im willing to argue that all day
But kendrick quit “actually rapping” a long time ago :francis:

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Right. Album was full of features and contributions from funk, jazz, and g funk legends with callbacks and allusions you'd only get if you're aware of the history of all

Album was a celebration of the West coast musicically

I get music is subjective and all, but I legit don't understand how nikkas don't feel this album

Wesley's theory is a hard ass opening. From the sample to the vocal arrangements to the verses to the bass. The bass on the whole album is amazing :damn:

Hands down my favorite kendrick album. He was in his bag during this era. Them tpab and untitled sessions were a moment :wow:
If you’re not a fan of Native Tongue type music it won’t resonate with you. If you don’t listen to the roots, LB, mos def, common, Nas, Face etc. I can see how the album isn’t for you and that’s okay.