J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don’t know how you can listen to his last project and say he quit rapping. I’d argue, he’s never been better
Even in the diss verse we are talking about here. Like a 3rd of it was voices, stutters and “nikka BOM”

Need dude to give me some songs with 3 verses and a hook without all the bullshyt. :manny:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wasn’t talking about his own beats. :mjlol:(ironically i still think one of the best beats he ever made was hiipower)

Just the feel of his music overall.
J.Coles production is still the weakest out the big three. Drake got the best ear when it comes to the hits. Kendrick is the most experimental where it goes well into the cohesion of his projects.

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He
this is not a drill :wow:

this is exactly what cole needed to solidify his name next to drake & kendrick because his albums wasnt gonna do it :hubie:

round 1 - cole
He always been better than drake and his albums are better than Drake's

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even in the diss verse we are talking about here. Like a 3rd of it was voices, stutters and “nikka BOM”

Need dude to give me some songs with 3 verses and a hook without all the bullshyt. :manny:

You have to go back and listen to E-40 - “Look at me”

Listen to those verses and the ad libs. The “bom” ad libs are not coincidental.

The whole song “like that” is paying homage to the original version

This is what I mean by “advanced listeners”. I mean nikkas on forums like this and not the casual fan

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fukk with it, glad to see dot and Cole have this back and forth, but if the best he got is that Kendrick don’t drop enough music then this isn’t going to go well . Jcole grading Kendrick’s discography is also a :patrice: move considering his is the weakest of everyone involved

Also to add them crackaz ain’t done nothing for me considering who his mama might come back to bite him if Kendrick wants to take it there :dead:

No drake has the weakest music discography out of every one involved

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You have to go back and listen to E-40 - “Look at me”

Listen to those verses and the ad libs. The “bom” ad libs are not coincidental.

The whole song “like that” is paying homage to the original version

This is what I mean by “advanced listeners”. I mean nikkas on forums like this and not the casual fan
I like e40 A LOT. Even in 2024 i fukks wit 40.

But that don’t matter. We talking about Kendrick and hard beats and rhymes which he hasn’t done in years :francis:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
J.Coles production is still the weakest out the big three. Drake got the best ear when it comes to the hits. Kendrick is the most experimental where it goes well into the cohesion of his projects.
imo as a 90s-2000s head cole the only one really bringing “beats and rhymes” right now. You get a beat and you attack that mufukka. Drake wanna sing to the hoes and kendrick wanna pursue unique concepts and emotions.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kendrick has a way more distinct and technical flow than cole :russ:

Cole good at what he does but he could never rip a track like that

And kendrick does punchlines, but that's not the main focus. He's been there and done that. His albums are cohesive and about telling stories and conveying emotions that connect with the listener

I think these discussions undervalue and fail to acknowledge that isn't easy to do

Kendrick is like pac in the way that he can immerse you in the topic of a song and shift your mood to feel the emotion relevant to the song.

Listening to shyt like u hits hard cause of all the shyt his expressing. It's authentic. A lesser rapper wouldn't be able to hit the same even if they delivered the exact same lines. Performance is as important in rap as writing. Part of being lyrical, quiet as kept. Being the best rapper is how you take advantage of your strengths, select literary devices, and perform it all vocally to lay down a great end product

The whole backlash against kendrick feels like the detractors are just picking one category to highlight but throwing away everything else. Just wack to me cause we could easily do the flip but that'd make your favorites look weak :manny:

He literally just did that on 3001

Kendrick is not like Pac! I have to disagree with that

So now we’re going to change the subject from Cole’s flow and punchlines to Kendrick does them but that’s not his strong suit it’s about the content when Cole does the same thing

Y’all keep shifting the goal posts to keep from acknowledging that Cole has become a better rapper than K dot in the past few years

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
Music is so beautiful because it’s subjective to the listener, I used to let people’s opinions affect the way I felt about a song/project/artist which would ruin the experience but now I just focus on if I like it and ignore the detractors:ehh: Everyone has the right to their opinions and you shouldn’t let it bother you, that’s why I don’t care to argue about it like I used to

I loved the Cole diss and Kendrick’s was cool too, I really hope Kendrick responds back just to get this nikka back to rapping consistently again, this shyt is so great for the artform :wow:

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
For the record, I like J Cole a lot. I’m just having fun wit yall bc ain’t no way he better than Dot, im sorry
Completely agree. I prefer listening to Cole too, but they really not on the same level lyrically at all when Kendrick is really serious. I don’t enjoy his music as much , but I went back on the albums of his I didn’t care for and dudes on another level both lyrically and conceptually

FINALE

💎
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
No. He said some shyt way before 3 weeks before the album dropped. What I'm talking about was months before. Album dropped the day my son was born. March 15 2015. Kendrick made statements early January.
Oh wow 6 weeks. Impressive turnaround time