J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Not sure I agree, but years from will be interesting.:jbhmm:

The fact that he made this tweet a couple days after Not Like Us dropped is insane. What a terribly aged tweet. The success of that song proved that Drake's fanbase doesn't really matter and wasn't an advantage. He lost convincingly in one of the few ways it possibly could have happened - an anthem so strong it swept the country and has everyone clowning the loser. Similar to Back 2 Back, but bigger.

Ironically I would have made that argument last year, or in previous years: Drake is too big to fail, his stans will defend him no matter what, the internet will be split, both sides will get some influencers on their side, etc. I wouldn't have believed Drake could be Meek'd until it happened. But in hindsight it makes sense. Beyond the diss just being an infectious and really good song, Drake has kind of set himself up to be clowned. A decade of his antics were ripe to be clowned the right way, by the right person.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The fact that he made this tweet a couple days after Not Like Us dropped is insane. What a terribly aged tweet. The success of that song proved that Drake's fanbase doesn't really matter and wasn't an advantage. He lost convincingly in one of the few ways it possibly could have happened - an anthem so strong it swept the country and has everyone clowning the loser. Similar to Back 2 Back, but bigger.

Ironically I would have made that argument last year, or in previous years: Drake is too big to fail, his stans will defend him no matter what, the internet will be split, both sides will get some influencers on their side, etc. I wouldn't have believed Drake could be Meek'd until it happened. But in hindsight it makes sense. Beyond the diss just being an infectious and really good song, Drake has kind of set himself up to be clowned. A decade of his antics were ripe to be clowned the right way, by the right person.
Has Drake ever won a beef? Have any of his beefs ever mattered? Drake has the level of crossover appeal that his average listener probably doesn't even listen to all that much hip hop. They don't pay attention or care about rap beefs.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Has Drake ever won a beef? Have any of his beefs ever mattered? Drake has the level of crossover appeal that his average listener probably doesn't even listen to all that much hip hop. They don't pay attention or care about rap beefs.

Yes, he won the Meek beef. I don't think anyone questions that.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Never liked, cared for, or respected Cole. Always felt like you can go to any city in the country and find a similar artist.