J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

FINALE

💎
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
He literally just did that on 3001

Kendrick is not like Pac! I have to disagree with that

So now we’re going to change the subject from Cole’s flow and punchlines to Kendrick does them but that’s not his strong suit it’s about the content when Cole does the same thing

Y’all keep shifting the goal posts to keep from acknowledging that Cole has become a better rapper than K dot in the past few years

I wish Cole made a whole album like Once an Addict/Window Pain/Brackets/ the Truly Yours tapes. He too in his rapping about rapping phase rn

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
He literally just did that on 3001

Kendrick is not like Pac! I have to disagree with that

So now we’re going to change the subject from Cole’s flow and punchlines to Kendrick does them but that’s not his strong suit it’s about the content when Cole does the same thing

Y’all keep shifting the goal posts to keep from acknowledging that Cole has become a better rapper than K dot in the past few years

3001 is nowhere near alright :russ:

He's just using a regular triplet flow. He ain't got kendrick's breath control

And you tripping if you can't see kendrick embodying pac's spirit. The real tupac. Not the dumb downed image that people try to portray him as. Pac was a poet that made sounds about life and the things that he and others go through. A voice for the misunderstood and neglected

That's kendrick to a tee. He's one of his favorite rappers and shows nothing but love through all his music.

Cole is nice but he still ain't better. Recency bias has a lot of people fooled, but we'll see soon enough that kendrick hasn't lost the edge

Old, but compare how they attack the same beat

Or look at the difference in delivery between like that and 7 minute drill. Kendrick sound legit disgusted with being compared to drake and cole, while j cole is rapping like he got a gun to his head :russ:

He don't want it with kendrick breh :mjlol:

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
You have to go back and listen to E-40 - “Look at me”

Listen to those verses and the ad libs. The “bom” ad libs are not coincidental.

The whole song “like that” is paying homage to the original version

This is what I mean by “advanced listeners”. I mean nikkas on forums like this and not the casual fan
Bro I didn’t even realize all that, but Exactly. I’m not really a big Kendrick fan like that , but I saw him at a festival perform live and J Cole was there too and his set just performance wise and hearing the lyrics in person (that I didn’t listen to that closely on the records or even care for) just shyt all over Cole set , which was still good of course. People talk about how white people love Kendrick and a lot of them his fans. But this was in Atlanta with like no white folks in sight and dude had everybody hype as fukk. My opinion changed on him completely. And this was just last year.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
This whole situation has been great also for the jokes between Cole, Kendrick and Drake stans at each other:dead: I be fukkin dying reading my twitter TL :mjlol: Saw one that said “ Who the fukk ever said throw on that King Kunta”
That's one of the best songs on the album. I love how the bassline line switches up throughout

Plus, breh was paying homage to a fallen compton legend on that. Folks expose themselves as being vultures :mjpls:

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Cole is one of the few bright spots in hip hop today bc he’s one of the last ones actually rapping, competitively. What he did on first person shooter was amazing

I got no issues with Cole at all. Kendrick is just on a different tier imo. Im willing to argue that all day
Cole has been on another level the past few years. One hot verse every 30 months ain't gonna cut it in the year 2024

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
3001 is nowhere near alright :russ:

He's just using a regular triplet flow. He ain't got kendrick's breath control

And you tripping if you can't see kendrick embodying pac's spirit. The real tupac. Not the dumb downed image that people try to portray him as. Pac was a poet that made sounds about life and the things that he and others go through. A voice for the misunderstood and neglected

That's kendrick to a tee. He's one of his favorite rappers and shows nothing but love through all his music.

Cole is nice but he still ain't better. Recency bias has a lot of people fooled, but we'll see soon enough that kendrick hasn't lost the edge

Old, but compare how they attack the same beat

Or look at the difference in delivery between like that and 7 minute drill. Kendrick sound legit disgusted with being compared to drake and cole, while j cole is rapping like he got a gun to his head :russ:

He don't want it with kendrick breh :mjlol:

Dating back 6 years Cole has been rapping RAPPING and has arguably had verses of the year

Kendrick has not been rapping on the level Cole has in this time span

“1 hot verse every 30 months” hillbillies verse isn’t topping any of these, his like that verse isnt better than any of these, come on man

There were moments on steppers was Kendrick was going but he wasn’t rapping better than Cole

J Cole has been better for some time

Last edited:

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
I wish Cole made a whole album like Once an Addict/Window Pain/Brackets/ the Truly Yours tapes. He too in his rapping about rapping phase rn
They’d call it boring and say he’s biting Kendrick like he wasn’t known for throwing in conscious subject matter for n his rhymes since his mixtape days.

Also Pride Is the devil and let go of my hand are being ignored to whoever said Cole only got gun bars and punchlines now

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They’d call it boring and say he’s biting Kendrick like he wasn’t known for throwing in conscious subject matter for n his rhymes since his mixtape days.

Also Pride Is the devil and let go of my hand are being ignored to whoever said Cole only got gun bars and punchlines now

Yep

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yup, Runaway, High for Hours, etc. Is cole at his best to me.

But that was the music that got him called “boring”. He’s made a clear effort to just murder tracks recently.