J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Nobody said TPAB was “for white people”

To the contrary people in here were using cac awards, accolades and sales to prove TPAB was so well received.

White people love bleeding heart, suffrage black media. Negro spirituals, slave movies and shyt.

But real aggressive pro-black content they would never prop up like TPAB.

They will be all over something like “alright” but wouldn’t dare touch something like “snow on tha bluff” :mjpls:
“High For Hours” is another example

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
I think it's pretty sad an album rooted in Jazz & Funk is the album relegated to being for cacs. lol

Yeah I seen a tweet recently that said it's a damn shame how little a presence jazz has in hip hop today....the dismissal of a genre that was one of the core building blocks of hip hop is embarrassing :francis:

It's no wonder that Cole's music sounds so soulless and bland....his music vocabulary doesn't go beyond 2000s era rap.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Kendrick has a way more distinct and technical flow than cole :russ:

Cole good at what he does but he could never rip a track like that

And kendrick does punchlines, but that's not the main focus. He's been there and done that. His albums are cohesive and about telling stories and conveying emotions that connect with the listener

I think these discussions undervalue and fail to acknowledge that isn't easy to do

Kendrick is like pac in the way that he can immerse you in the topic of a song and shift your mood to feel the emotion relevant to the song.

Listening to shyt like u hits hard cause of all the shyt his expressing. It's authentic. A lesser rapper wouldn't be able to hit the same even if they delivered the exact same lines. Performance is as important in rap as writing. Part of being lyrical, quiet as kept. Being the best rapper is how you take advantage of your strengths, select literary devices, and perform it all vocally to lay down a great end product

The whole backlash against kendrick feels like the detractors are just picking one category to highlight but throwing away everything else. Just wack to me cause we could easily do the flip but that'd make your favorites look weak :manny:

He only does this on like one or two songs per album :francis:

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
@Knucklehead see what i’m talmbout.

You are dumb and not an “advanced” listener if you don’t think Kendrick’s stuff is amazing.

:mjlol:
You don’t know this guy.
99% chance you’ll never meet him.
What he says on the internet shouldn’t affect your enjoyment or perception of a rapper.
You got a ton of people who to this day are obsessed with Nas vs Jay and bring it up in every discussion and deprive themselves of one of the twos music. It’s ridiculous.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You don’t know this guy.
What he says on the internet shouldn’t affect your enjoyment or perception of a rapper.
I didn’t say anything about it affecting my enjoyment.

Just speaking to the nonsense discourse being thrown around about the two.

It’s literally the only reasons “beef” exists between them. It’s like a stan proxy war :francis:

You got a ton of people who to this day are obsessed with Nas vs Jay and bring it up in every discussion and deprive themselves of one of the twos music. It’s ridiculous.
I agree :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brooklyn High :beli:

Dissing Souljah and a fukking Wizards player :beli:

Cam destroying him, too after them weak ass shots on Kingdom Come :beli:

Supa Ugly :to: :to: :to: :to: :to: :to: :to: that shyt was light
Look here fam, I’m a recovering Jigga warrior since 96’. Please have mercy✊🏽

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Let's revisit this Jermaine classic, sounds like it applies to a certain rapper :youngsabo:

This watch came from Drizzy, he gave me a gift
Back when the rap game was prayin' I'd diss
They act like two legends cannot coexist
But I'd never beef with a nikka for nothin'
If I smoke a rapper, it's gon' be legit
It won't be for clout, it won't be for fame
It won't be 'cause my shyt ain't sellin' the same

This was peak Drake/Pusha/Kanye problems not no Kendrick :mjlol:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You don’t know this guy.
Facts both Kendrick and J.Cole are not trash artists by no means. I appreciate both of them it’s just a Kenny is my guy out the three.

I’ll admit Cole got Kendrick right now because he went directly at him. But I can’t dismiss Kendrick for putting the energy out there with this sparring match and executing this with Metro and Future and having such a smash with it. That’s why I put them as tied. The real one is going to be the second round which I hope there is.

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
All I know is the past couple pages is only gonna lead us to a discussion about Cole’s content & subject matter if we REALLY wanna have a talk about albums and songs….but I don’t feel some are ready for that yet :sas2:

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All I know is the past couple pages is only gonna lead us to a discussion about Cole’s content & subject matter if we REALLY wanna have a talk about albums and songs….but I don’t feel some are ready for that yet :sas2:

They wanna keep it peace. They know that boy ain’t rapping about shyt except losing his virginity and not having a dad

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
They wanna keep it peace. They know that boy ain’t rapping about shyt except losing his virginity and not having a dad
You see it :sas2:

And ever since he started doing features his content has gotten more and more ignorant, gun bars, money talk & bytches.

Why is his verse on “a lot”….the last time we’ve heard Cole speak on anything of substance or insight? :sas1:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TPAB is basically "Los Angeles" the Album tbh.

You gotta know about the Beat Culture in LA.
You gotta know about Leimert Park.
You gotta know about the Jazz Scene.
You gotta know about the Hip-Hop Scene (Gangster rap & Backpack Rap & Conscious Rap etc.)

AT FACE VALUE TPAB is already BRILLIANT but once you DIG DEEP and of course, if you're from OUT HERE
then you can understand it on a level that someone from bum-fukk nowhere just can't.

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You see it :sas2:

And ever since he started doing features his content has gotten more and more ignorant, gun bars, money talk & bytches.

Why is his verse on “a lot”….the last time we’ve heard Cole speak on anything of substance or insight? :sas1:

Truth be told, “the warm up” and “Friday night lights” are really his best work pieces of work.

Maybe he dumbed it down to double his dollars :manny: