J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
If thecoli was a reflection of real life Nas would be bigger than Micheal Jackson, Beyoncé and Drake combined

None of that stuff impacted the culture at all.

Mention Drake and everyone on his dikk. nikka career mirroring Pusher Tea atp
I didn't know Pusha was out here doing massive international arena tours, going plat off an album allegedly nobody liked, and being bigger than nearly all the rappers you think are moving "the culture." All while having the #1 song in the country as we speak, for two weeks...
:mjlol:

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Kendrick literally made that album after he got called out for his Mike Brown comments and Cole had a talk with him. Cole literally influenced him to make the album in the first place. White people love it because it's not as pro black as people think it is when u dig beneath the surface. shyt don't really got a main point honestly.
It’s not a pro black album a song like “Mr.nikka” or “Fight The Power” would have these cacs in shambles today. Kendrick doesn’t even call out white people for their racism without being critical of black people in the same breath.

The Trayvon Martin line was respectability politics.

“I’m an Israelite, I ain’t black no more, the word is just a color it ain’t facts no more”

Cole would get flamed for saying these

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
I think it's pretty sad an album rooted in Jazz & Funk is the album relegated to being for cacs. lol
Right. Album was full of features and contributions from funk, jazz, and g funk legends with callbacks and allusions you'd only get if you're aware of the history of all

Album was a celebration of the West coast musicically

I get music is subjective and all, but I legit don't understand how nikkas don't feel this album

Wesley's theory is a hard ass opening. From the sample to the vocal arrangements to the verses to the bass. The bass on the whole album is amazing :damn:

Hands down my favorite kendrick album. He was in his bag during this era. Them tpab and untitled sessions were a moment :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
He’s improved but he’s as corny now as he was back then with even less substance.

He doesn’t rap about anything. I understand this lil Wayne generation of brain dead rap listeners are impressed with punch lines and flow but to call this kid better than Kendrick is insane.

The first verse from “Mr Morale” or even “count me out” off his last album is better than anything j Cole has dropped

Like i said, there’s advanced listeners and then there’s the rap for dummies group
@Knucklehead see what i’m talmbout.

You are dumb and not an “advanced” listener if you don’t think Kendrick’s stuff is amazing.

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Knucklehead see what i’m talmbout.

You are dumb and not an “advanced” listener if you don’t think Kendrick’s stuff is amazing.

Correction. You are dumb and not an advanced listener if you think J Cole is better than Kendrick

I’m like the human body. I produce my own shyt
- J Cole

• Haha
Reactions: BBG

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Correction. You are dumb and not an advanced listener if you think J Cole is better than Kendrick

I’m like the human body. I produce my own shyt

- J Cole
We can post trash bars from kenny all day.

either side pretending either artist is “trash” is just full of shyt and stanning for attention :manny:

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Tbf we have only had one album from Kendrick to judge in that time period.
But Cole definitely been killing shyt the past few years.

On trend we have had one traditional Rap album (GKMC/DAMN) Followed by a left turn (TPAB/MMATBS)

Regardless of what the internet are trying to run with after this track, TPAB was very well received in real time.
We can all agree (Personal feelings aside cause I like the album lol) the general consensus is that MMATBS is seen as a dud.

Following this trend he is due another traditionally commercially viable album again.

The energy he came with on the future track makes me think he is ready to compete again, so hopefully we are getting a more traditional rap effort this time around.

Yo first of TPAB in real time was a bit jarring and polarizing. It was so far left from GKMC it disappointed some and it had to grow for some others. That was an album you really had to sit with. My #1 Dot album but I understand the boring criticism if you’re not a fan of that sound of hip hop. Which was far from the mainstream sound.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
I can go there but you’re implying I don’t listen to the music

You’re not explaining how he’s more advance than Cole

Break It down. Cause has damn near became the perfect rapper flow, pocket, punches (though there’s some misses sometimes) and content he’s had it all

How isn’t Cole better? Kendrick on mr moralle though I appreciate the content was not rapping better than Cole on there
Kendrick has a way more distinct and technical flow than cole :russ:

Cole good at what he does but he could never rip a track like that

And kendrick does punchlines, but that's not the main focus. He's been there and done that. His albums are cohesive and about telling stories and conveying emotions that connect with the listener

I think these discussions undervalue and fail to acknowledge that isn't easy to do

Kendrick is like pac in the way that he can immerse you in the topic of a song and shift your mood to feel the emotion relevant to the song.

Listening to shyt like u hits hard cause of all the shyt his expressing. It's authentic. A lesser rapper wouldn't be able to hit the same even if they delivered the exact same lines. Performance is as important in rap as writing. Part of being lyrical, quiet as kept. Being the best rapper is how you take advantage of your strengths, select literary devices, and perform it all vocally to lay down a great end product

The whole backlash against kendrick feels like the detractors are just picking one category to highlight but throwing away everything else. Just wack to me cause we could easily do the flip but that'd make your favorites look weak :manny:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Right. Album was full of features and contributions from funk, jazz, and g funk legends with callbacks and allusions you'd only get if you're aware of the history of all

Album was a celebration of the West coast musicically

I get music is subjective and all, but I legit don't understand how nikkas don't feel this album

Wesley's theory is a hard ass opening. From the sample to the vocal arrangements to the verses to the bass. The bass on the whole album is amazing :damn:

Hands down my favorite kendrick album. He was in his bag during this era. Them tpab and untitled sessions were a moment :wow:
Because nikkaz have different ears to music if it don’t got an 808 it ain’t nikka music.
But that's the point though. Kendrick doesn't have to drop every 18 months to stay on top. Everyone else needs to, to stay in the conversation. That says a lot about the lack of quality these other dudes are putting out. I don’t want to see people coming out mad fast and then dropping wack sh*t.

Kendrick dropped 5-6 albums in 11 years. That's definitely enough work. Every single one of those albums is critically-acclaimed and/or classic. Dude doesn't need to drop 11 projects in 11 years, lol. The problem with the artists who have to, is that the work doesn't have enough impact, so they have to rush back out. Wild thing is, Cole's dropped about 7 in 10 years, and doesn't have one classic in that whole sh*t. So it's not like he's dropping mad more projects than Kendrick. Problem is, Cole's albums don’t do sh*t when they come out. He doesn't have the same impact or level of quality.
This right here nikkas have the audacity. Kendrick don’t need to be consistent like these nikkaz and lowkey nikkaz don’t like that. Soon as this nikka say he got a project on the way he creates attention on the internet.