J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nobody said TPAB was “for white people”

To the contrary people in here were using cac awards, accolades and sales to prove TPAB was so well received.

White people love bleeding heart, suffrage black media. Negro spirituals, slave movies and shyt.

But real aggressive pro-black content they would never prop up like TPAB.

They will be all over something like “alright” but wouldn’t dare touch something like “snow on tha bluff” :mjpls:

Last edited:

FINALE

💎
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Kendrick literally made that album after he got called out for his Mike Brown comments and Cole had a talk with him. Cole literally influenced him to make the album in the first place. White people love it because it's not as pro black as people think it is when u dig beneath the surface. shyt don't really got a main point honestly.
The mike brown comments he made 3 weeks before the album dropped? Yeah I'm sure he rewrote the whole album in that time

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Bro go the fukk to sleep 😂😂😂

You working overtime in this thread.😭😭😭

Why do you get so bothered about dumb shyt like rap battles and rapper trials. You’d bust a vessel if Kendrick and Megan thee stallion did a song together 🤣🤣🤣
U all thru the thread too urself u fukkin bytch ass faggit. Go smoke some dikk and smiley these nuts nikka.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
The mike brown comments he made 3 weeks before the album dropped? Yeah I'm sure he rewrote the whole album in that time
No. He said some shyt way before 3 weeks before the album dropped. What I'm talking about was months before. Album dropped the day my son was born. March 15 2015. Kendrick made statements early January.

Last edited:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The "Real Pro-Black" stuff falls flat on it's face though because for example, in the booth
we champion Nas for being "Real Pro black" all of the time but bro has whole records about
killing people, dealing drugs, robberies etc.

Like, he regularly gets championed as "Realer" and "More Pro-black" than Jay-Z
when at the very core of either artists work is the Gangster as Anti-Hero.

It's a core aspect of their music and we just casually accept it here in the booth not only
that but we praise them as THE greatest rappers to have ever written a rap record.

If we're being completely honest the vast majority of Hip-Hop's popular history is filled with very
milquetoast safe rappers whose critique of society usually stops at critiquing the label owners and/or
their peers and rarely calls for deep systemic change, social upheaval or any real revolutionary thought.

Even Common, one of my favorite "conscious" rappers, is soft as playdoh now and his message is very
receptive to a white liberal audience.

This criticism can extend beyond Kendrick Lamar and just as easily applies to J. Cole and Drake and further still
it applies to just about any figure we hold highly in Hip-Hop.

FEW and I mean VERY FEW pass that bar.

Krs-One? Chuck D? Afrika Bambatta? Ice Cube? These artists who had balls and really said poignant outrageous shyt in the
manner they did quickly disappeared somewhere in the early to mid 90s.

Last edited:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
White liberals love Public Enemy and Gil Scott Heron too...do we have to dismiss them as well?

And Tribe, De La, Mos Def, Common, MF DOOM, Rakim, OutKast, The Roots, Wu, Dilla, Nas, Slick Rick, etc...

:lolbron:

And if we're being real, Black Musicians who speak to black American life in depth and try to avoid
exaggeration or mischaracterization IE "Being Real" are often Championed by White people as a example
of Black Genius.

This isn't even remotely unique to Hip-Hop.
This extends to all of the Black American Works of art created in the last century and some change.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Now nikkas talking problack when they have the same opinions in TLR as K. Dot :russ:
Especially when it comes to young kids and drill music
Which ironically Jermaine does on this new shyt and has done records with drill artists
You can’t make this shyt up :Kd:
nikkas grasping at everything on the fukking table:bryan:
Jermaine and Drake got white mommas
So they dads were pawging which thecoli hates:bryan:
You nikkas are not for serious at all
Arkham Asylum:dead:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This whole thread weird. When 50 went to war with the lox, I was a fan of both and just wanted dope music. When Jay and Nas beefed? Still fukk with both. Same with cam and Jay. Biter not a writer is so dope to me but I still love hov. You can like two nikkas in a beef. This ain't wwe.

True, tribalism is fukking cringe