J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
I actually said this on here a while back, lol.

Sometimes dudes are mad energetic and that fools people into think they're saying something. Meek Mill was doing that sh*t forever and people were saying he was spittin'. LOL!! That's the old trick dudes would do in the battles back in the day when they ain't really have no bars. But you're right though. Cole's radio freestyles are him being mad energetic and loud over beats that don’t even call for that, but he's not saying much. Then you see someone like Common do it live, and he's mad natural and measured and killing sh*t.

Everyone has different standards for what dope is now. But I think it also depends on how much and what kinda music you've been exposed to since day one. That, and the standard is still mad low, these days.
Is Common ever aggressive? Lol and I know you’re referencing the LA Leakers freestyle. Cole got quotables. Since DAMN Kendrick hasn’t been as good as Cole

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
where is this TPAB narrative coming from? An album with ‘king kunta’. ‘blacker the berry’, ‘alright’ is NOT for white folk

It was made for black folks but cacs specially liberal cacs can't get enough of music revolvin around black plight. They weird as fukk. They do not celebrate our artists to anywhere near same degree when we just vibin out, speakin positivity and just bein black (new jack, pre 2010s r&b, soul, gospel etc)

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Kendrick literally made that album after he got called out for his Mike Brown comments and Cole had a talk with him. Cole literally influenced him to make the album in the first place. White people love it because it's not as pro black as people think it is when u dig beneath the surface. shyt don't really got a main point honestly.
Bro go the fukk to sleep 😂😂😂

You working overtime in this thread.😭😭😭

Why do you get so bothered about dumb shyt like rap battles and rapper trials. You’d bust a vessel if Kendrick and Megan thee stallion did a song together 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kendrick comes off like he don't wanna step on any toes on the album. Which is why I feel like it don't got a main point he doesn't really flesh out any ideas really well. Also. Kendrick said out his own mouth that he spoke to Cole on an airplane or some shyt and it made him wanna make the album. Can't find the article right now because everything is about the beef in the algorithm.

We call cap until you bring the reciepts:comeon:

SH: I know you worked with Kendrick Lamar in the past, and he just released his new album, To Pimp a Butterfly. It seems as though both of your albums and your new video specifically, have these shared undertones of unity within the Black community. Was this something the two of you established mutually or were you both just intuitive of what needed to happen in rap music?
Cole: It wasn’t a conscious effort of, “Yo, we’re gonna do it like this.” I can speak for myself; I can’t speak for another man, but I know what’s in my heart and I know what I want to say and the messages I want to get across. But yeah, we do have conversations when we get together about the same shyt that we’re talking about and rapping about. Everything that I’m revealing on my album, I was telling him. Like, “Yo this is what I figured out. I see this shyt like this. I might not even be doing this shyt no more because I see this.” You know, I’m telling him all this. Even with his album, I haven’t been able to dive all the way in his joint, but I know that there’s a moment where he’s calling for unity no matter the gang color.

SH: Exactly.
Cole: I had just read this book called “Monster,” which is the story of Monster Kody—this dude from South Central. It’s the wildest book you’ll ever read in your life because all the shyt nikkas be rapping about or the gangsta shyt N.W.A. came in the game with, he was actually doing it—murder, crime, robbery, and for fun! He lived in a war zone. His whole neighborhood was a war zone between colors and what block you live on. So I was just talking to him about that. The fact that even Monster Kody viewed the whole thing to be so fukking stupid, when you look at it. When you examine it, you realize how fukked up the mentality needs to be that you killing another black man over what street he lives on. No disrespect to them, because they are literally brought up in that. I’m just explaining to him, like yo, I feel like you can do it. You have the respect of that neighborhood and L.A. on another level. If anybody can come through and put an end to this shyt, it gotta be you. The thing is, music is powerful, but I don’t know how powerful it is. I don’t know what it can actually do, but I respect him for speaking on it. That nikka’s an amazing artist from top to bottom.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was made for black folks but cacs specially liberal cacs can't get enough of music revolvin around black plight. They weird as fukk. They do not celebrate our artists to anywhere near same degree when we just vibin out, speakin positivity and just bein black (new jack, pre 2010s r&b, soul, gospel etc)

I wouldnt put that label on the average white person. You cant deny they respect lyricism,more than we do alot of times,maybe due to the disconnect with alot of the content. Is To Pimp A Butterfly not lyrical? And then you add the Eminem connection and its not hard to figure out why Kendrick was given exposure to white people off rip.

Now as far as cacs who review music and hand out rewards? I definitely agree talking about the black plight is cheat code to make them think something is deep.

But is To Pimp A Butterfly not actually deep and thoughtful:comeon:?

And i dont even like that album like that as a hiphop album. Its better appreciated as poetry than RAP if that makes sense. But some of yall lowkey trying to paint it like Kendrick was pandering to cacs by softshoeing on that album to make it more digestible.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
Is Common ever aggressive? Lol and I know you’re referencing the LA Leakers freestyle. Cole got quotables. Since DAMN Kendrick hasn’t been as good as Cole

Tbf we have only had one album from Kendrick to judge in that time period.
But Cole definitely been killing shyt the past few years.

On trend we have had one traditional Rap album (GKMC/DAMN) Followed by a left turn (TPAB/MMATBS)

Regardless of what the internet are trying to run with after this track, TPAB was very well received in real time.
We can all agree (Personal feelings aside cause I like the album lol) the general consensus is that MMATBS is seen as a dud.

Following this trend he is due another traditionally commercially viable album again.

The energy he came with on the future track makes me think he is ready to compete again, so hopefully we are getting a more traditional rap effort this time around.

Last edited:

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

cac opinions on an album should not affect the albums quality or its overall meaning as a body of work. Anyone who says TPAB is made for white folk missed the entire meaning of the album title as well as the outro interview which is basically dissecting Pac’s message and applying it to modern day