J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
No one cares about that song

A few people chanted the chorus while marching and that’s it
Come on bro you don't think when that project dropped it was a moment? It def was split, either you liked it or hated it and there was no in between I can agree with that. Like I said I understand why people may not fukk with it, I def enjoyed the empowering message though. Mr. Morale I didn't really care for though.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Y'all call Kendrick's albums mid or ass but can't pinpoint the exact songs that garner such criticism :mjtf:

Kendrick don't have no Foldin Clothes or Wet Dreamz or Work Out in his catalog :scust:

Every Kendrick album is a complete body of work with few low points.

I'll rep anyone who can legitimately point me to a ghastly, terrible Kendrick song from one of his albums
Brother with all due respect

“MY AUNTIE IS A MAN NOW”

Ain’t nobody tryna hear that shyt :gucci:

Daps
Y'all call Kendrick's albums mid or ass but can't pinpoint the exact songs that garner such criticism :mjtf:

Kendrick don't have no Foldin Clothes or Wet Dreamz or Work Out in his catalog :scust:

I'll rep anyone who can legitimately point me to a ghastly, terrible Kendrick song from one of his albums
I wasn't a fan of Mr. Morale, it felt very needlessly clunky more often than not. I haven't revisited it yet, which I will do soonish but I only felt strongly about 2 tracks (Mother I Sober and Father Time, but I liked Purple Hearts a lot too). We Cry Together is what I try to avoid saying in that it would be 'trash' to me. If I don't feel one way or another about most songs on an album, that would put it in the 'mid' pile for me.

That being said, I'd rather go back and listen to it before I listen to my favorite Cole album lol.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey

Unpopular opinion maybe. Damn is one of (if not, is) my favorite album of the 2010's (KOD, IYRTITL, ASTROWORLD to name a few). As a Kendrick fan. That being said. I think most of us can agree it's

Maybe Not Folding Clothes bad but i've skipped FC so many times I forgot how it goes.

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
Not a big fan of either. Cole's reply was mid, he's trying the Jay Z "your last album was :beli:, the first was Illmatic, that's a one hot album every ten year average". Only problem is To Pimp A Butterfly is great album maybe not what the people wanted after Good Kid Mad City but he took risks I respect. Cole has always been a very safe, comfort zone artist to me outside a few gems.

Last edited:

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
I know cole of all ppl not talking about catalogs:russ:

I mean that’s the luxury of droppin 1 album every 3 years with almost no features in between…

Not only do you get more time to craft exactly what you want, but you get an audience that was so starved for a project from you that they won’t nitpick it like someone who drops every year.

Cole kinda got a point w/ this shyt. You can’t sit inside for multiple years then come out firing with 1 angry verse cause other rappers have the audacity to think they’re the best because they keep music on the charts year after year.

There’s something to be said for consistently feeding the people new music. Kendrick does a lot of things, but he doesn’t do that.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
The TPAB thing is so gross bc it’s like bruh, we rate Kendrick’s albums on the OLD SCHOOL scale. The OG scale. The same scale as Chronic, Illmaitc, etc. So if his albums are ‘overrated’, it’s in comparison to THOSE albums.

But he is overqualified for the watered down scale Cole is rated on—-which is with the nggas he raps with——Durk, 21 Savage, Benny the butcher

Cole and his fans don’t even get to rate Kendrick albums. Have you ever seen someone compare KOD with 36 Chambers? Like please.

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
I’m just saying off season is probably Cole’s best body of work, by all metrics it’s better than Mr Morale.

It’s cool if you like Mr Morale better, but if I’m being objective I have like 4 Kendrick albums above J Cole’s best shyt… so I don’t need to throw Mr Morale on top of it when I know it wasn’t anywhere near K Dot’s best

I like more than 4 songs on there. I like bout 7 songs on MM&TBS. Rich Spirit is my shyt

But some of Kendrick’s shyt gets hyped a lil too much. His catalog for the most part is stellar tho

Section 80 was greatness

Gkmc a classic, if people call TPAB a classic I won’t argue… it’s not a top 5 or top 10 rap album all time or anywhere close. If you wanna talk about strictly production tho you can make an argument

Untitled Unmastered was great

DAMN has gotten the classic label all of a sudden. Really good blockbuster album. Nice blend of mainstream and pure K Dot… shyt had some filler tho and humble is one of the most manufactured hit songs I’ve ever witnessed in rap history
So Kendrick’s first 4 are for the most part considered anywhere from classic to really good. He drops a decent 5th one(IMO) but all of a sudden he’s washed because of how dope the other ones were. Coles logic sounded like he got it from a Twitter thread

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
I wasn't a fan of Mr. Morale, it felt very needlessly clunky more often than not. I haven't revisited it yet, which I will do soonish but I only felt strongly about 2 tracks (Mother I Sober and Father Time, but I liked Purple Hearts a lot too). We Cry Together is what I try to avoid saying in that it would be 'trash' to me. If I don't feel one way or another about most songs on an album, that would put it in the 'mid' pile for me.

That being said, I'd rather go back and listen to it before I listen to my favorite Cole album lol.
You wasn't fw Die Hard, Savior or Silent Hill? :dwillhuh:

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
I haven’t talked about Godfather 2 in ages. It’s still a classic :what:

This is the telltale sign of a ngga just chattin. It’s disingenuous af. We in the streaming age. Social media age. 24/7 stimulation age. Mfers literally DIE and ‘no one talks about it anymore’ a month later. fukk is you sayin :mjtf:

Cole fans are looking desperate. Bc a second ago a ngga said ‘Tetsuo & Yourh > TPAB’. Okay, so what is your metric for who’s ’still listening’ to that album?! :wtf: There is none. That’s not a real thing. You can use that for ANY accomplishment just say ‘nobody’s talking about it anymore’. And 99% chance you’ll be right. Cole fans talking points are like children. Yall WOULD think that basic ass ngga is nice

That's a movie, this is music and you bring up this is the streaming age, well one of his albums came out before that album and it is till top 100 and we aren't talking about people talking about it, but it being consumed, so I don't even know what you are even ranting about.

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
This is a stupid argument, according to your logic Purple Rain and Bad, and who even knows how many Hip Hop albums aren't classic albums cause they not charting on Billboard 200 right now.

TPAB and Morale are doing fine recurrently. People are clearly listening. Both albums are in the top 100 on Apple Music US and Morale gets more than 2M streams a day on spotify, TPAB 1.4M.

Leave the sales and stream arguments to Drake stans.

It's a correct argument, Purple Rain and Bad came out damn near 200 years ago, so no, no one would expect them to be on the Billboard 200 and with all those streams Mr Morale and TPAB still can't crack the Top 200 with Billboard accounts for.

Yall need to do better damage control.