J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You post listening to TPAB in 2024 and then talk about the offseason :mjlol: And that ain’t the only peak corny J Cole shyt. Work out, Mr nice watch, nobody’s perfect, power trip. Cole got so much mid that he hate to write a fukking apology to gnauze like a scolded son. That cornier than anything kendrick has ever done including the tranny auntie or talking to pac ghost.
tumblr_nxi8v0dPzk1qdla50o3_540.gif

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m just saying off season is probably Cole’s best body of work, by all metrics it’s better than Mr Morale.

It’s cool if you like Mr Morale better, but if I’m being objective I have like 4 Kendrick albums above J Cole’s best shyt… so I don’t need to throw Mr Morale on top of it when I know it wasn’t anywhere near K Dot’s best

I like more than 4 songs on there. I like bout 7 songs on MM&TBS. Rich Spirit is my shyt

But some of Kendrick’s shyt gets hyped a lil too much. His catalog for the most part is stellar tho

Section 80 was greatness

Gkmc a classic, if people call TPAB a classic I won’t argue… it’s not a top 5 or top 10 rap album all time or anywhere close. If you wanna talk about strictly production tho you can make an argument

Untitled Unmastered was great

DAMN has gotten the classic label all of a sudden. Really good blockbuster album. Nice blend of mainstream and pure K Dot… shyt had some filler tho and humble is one of the most manufactured hit songs I’ve ever witnessed in rap history
H
The truth that when it released those people who were praising it as a legendary album that would be remembered for all time (Cole: it was gassed) once the hype passed they went on about their merry way, but those two other K-dot albums Cole gave props for, people are still listening to those.

Cole was right.
ok but you act like he’s right for all humanity. That’s the problem the internet really be making nikkas all think the same way. You got people who fukk with the album and people that don’t. The people that are tweeting agreeing with Cole are nikkaz that didn’t fukk with the album to begin with.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
That's a movie, this is music and you bring up this is the streaming age, well one of his albums came out before that album and it is till top 100 and we aren't talking about people talking about it, but it being consumed, so I don't even know what you are even ranting about.

Oh, but you do.

I can use any number of albums to make my point. I haven’t listened to Food and Liquor in forever. I haven’t listened to The Listening in forever. Does that mean they suddenly became wack? :what: Goofball logic, Dare I say, culture vulture logic :mjpls:

A week from now, no one will be talking about this song or album either :what: You desperate

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Cole calling this shyt a warning shot is just him trying to adjust expectations....there ain't no Ether loaded in the chamber. This is the best he's got but his stans can juelz and say "Cole just getting warmed up (don't ask me how)....Kendrick better be careful :whoa: "

Truth.

Cole "fans" are in shambles. Because he didn't show up and no matter what they say, they know it. It's a lot of frontin' going on right now. When in the history of Hip Hop has an MC initiated a diss and called someone out, got dissed in response by the other MC, and then follows that up with a "warning shot"? FOH! LOL!!

That wasn't no damn warning shot. That was his attempt at dissing. A warning shot is what you slide into other records to send a quick message in between other unrelated sh*t. "There's one life, one love, so there can only be one King" was a warning shot, from Nas. Then BIG came back with "Ain't no other kings in this rap thing, they siblings. Nothin' but my children, one shot, they disappearin'. It's ill when MCs used to be on cruddy sh*t. Took home Ready to Die, listened, studied sh*t. Now they on some money sh*t, successful out the blue..." THOSE are warning shots. That's how it's done.

If you're responding, you come back to bury them. Ain't "jabs" after someone gets at you. We all know this. Ain't nobody ever jab back after getting dissed in the damn 50 years of Hip Hop history, lol. But Cole was raised in the burbs for his formative years. He's not built from the same cloth as K-Dot. He doesn't have that in him, so his people pressuring him to respond mad quickly didn't do him any favors. They set dude up to fail. But that's also what happens when your crew is all yes-men. Even when he went at Kanye, he spent mad of the song talking about how he used to admire him, lol. He is not built for war on any level. It's not who he is as an MC. Which people are finally starting to see.

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
Oh, but you do.

I can use any number of albums to make my point. I haven’t listened to Food and Liquor in forever. I haven’t listened to The Listening in forever. Does that mean they suddenly became wack? :what: Goofball logic, Dare I say, culture vulture logic :mjpls:

A week from now, no one will be talking about this song or album either :what: You desperate

Who gives a damn what you listen to, you aren't the masses, and the masses have spoken that shxt was "hot" and all of a sudden never to be heard from again. Two albums they are still listening to, TPAB ain't any of them.

So you can keep ranting and raving all you want, the facts are facts and I have the numbers on my side.

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
I mean that’s the luxury of droppin 1 album every 3 years with almost no features in between…

Not only do you get more time to craft exactly what you want, but you get an audience that was so starved for a project from you that they won’t nitpick it like someone who drops every year.

Cole kinda got a point w/ this shyt. You can’t sit inside for multiple years then come out firing with 1 angry verse cause other rappers have the audacity to think they’re the best because they keep music on the charts year after year.

There’s something to be said for consistently feeding the people new music. Kendrick does a lot of things, but he doesn’t do that.

But that's the point though. Kendrick doesn't have to drop every 18 months to stay on top. Everyone else needs to, to stay in the conversation. That says a lot about the lack of quality these other dudes are putting out. I don’t want to see people coming out mad fast and then dropping wack sh*t.

Kendrick dropped 5-6 albums in 11 years. That's definitely enough work. Every single one of those albums is critically-acclaimed and/or classic. Dude doesn't need to drop 11 projects in 11 years, lol. The problem with the artists who have to, is that the work doesn't have enough impact, so they have to rush back out. Wild thing is, Cole's dropped about 7 in 10 years, and doesn't have one classic in that whole sh*t. So it's not like he's dropping mad more projects than Kendrick. Problem is, Cole's albums don’t do sh*t when they come out. He doesn't have the same impact or level of quality.

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
Damn, Ether! Looks like somebody fell off like the Simpsons

white-guy.gif
Kendrick is nothing but Homer Simpson in the Frank Grimes episode

Get all the accolades but deserving of none of it

He can keep the money because it's a lot of trash dudes who get money from rap but the way people dikk ride him, I will have none of it

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
People acting like TPAB wasn’t an event when it dropped. I remember albums used to drop at 11 PM back then.

The poem slowly coming together. The second half of “U.” Momma. You Aint Gotta Lie. The twist on “These Walls.” The instruments and funk sound. That was a moment :wow:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Truth.

Cole "fans" are in shambles. Because he didn't show up and no matter what they say, they know it. It's a lot of frontin' going on right now. When in the history of Hip Hop has an MC initiated a diss and called someone out, got dissed in response by the other MC, and then follows that up with a "warning shot"? FOH! LOL!!

That wasn't no damn warning shot. That was his attempt at dissing. A warning shot is what you slide into other records to send a quick message in between other unrelated sh*t. "There's one life, one love, so there can only be one King" was a warning shot, from Nas. Then BIG came back with "Ain't no other kings in this rap thing, they siblings. Nothin' but my children, one shot, they disappearin'. It's ill when MCs used to be on cruddy sh*t. Took home Ready to Die, listened, studied sh*t. Now they on some money sh*t, successful out the blue..." THOSE are warning shots. That's how it's done.

If you're responding, you come back to bury them. Ain't "jabs" after someone gets at you. We all know this. Ain't nobody ever jab back after getting dissed in the damn 50 years of Hip Hop history, lol. But Cole was raised in the burbs for his formative years. He's not built from the same cloth as K-Dot. He doesn't have that in him, so his people pressuring him to respond mad quickly didn't do him any favors. They set dude up to fail. But that's also what happens when your crew is all yes-men. Even when he went at Kanye, he spent mad of the song talking about how he used to admire him, lol. He is not built for war on any level. It's not who he is as an MC. Which people are finally starting to see.
cole has his game plan.

it’s a official dis Kendrick by a top tier mc of this generation. So Kendrick has to make one back.

goddamn I hate bringing these two into every fukking thing

but how do u not see Jay and Nas beef not as the same as this one time line wise

tons of subs
jay calls Nas out by name (summer Jam)
nas makes stillmatic freestyle (warning shot after being called out)
jay responds (takeover)
Nas responds (ether)

Kenny vs Cole
tons of subs
kenny calls out cole
cole sends warning shot
kendrick???

u obviously got a huge bias lol

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
cole has his game plan.

it’s a official dis Kendrick by a top tier mc of this generation. So Kendrick has to make one back.

goddamn I hate bringing these two into every fukking thing

but how do u not see Jay and Nas beef not as the same as this one time line wise

tons of subs
jay calls Nas out by name (summer Jam)
nas makes stillmatic freestyle (warning shot after being called out)
jay responds (takeover)
Nas responds (ether)

Kenny vs Cole
tons of subs
kenny calls out cole
cole sends warning shot
kendrick???

u obviously got a huge bias lol

Nah, I actually produced for Cole. Never did anything for Kendrick in my life. So clearly no bias. LOL!!

Just saying what I think. Jay at Summer Jam was 1/2 of "Takeover". Nas didn't throw any jabs on no albums, lol. He went back at Hov with a freestyle hard. Pause! And a day later, we got "Ether" on the radio. No "warning shot" bullsh*t. Not even close to this. Nas came back with a couple joints together. And KILLED sh*t. The whole city stopped that day!

Those two were on the same level too. For mad years. And both of those dudes had a history of already BODYING other MC's. We can't compare that back then to anything that's going on today.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Come on bro you don't think when that project dropped it was a moment? It def was split, either you liked it or hated it and there was no in between I can agree with that. Like I said I understand why people may not fukk with it, I def enjoyed the empowering message though. Mr. Morale I didn't really care for though.
Only Kendrick Stan’s care about TPAB.