J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
That shyt sucked then, and now. There are receipts on people calling out that white-media backed illusion. And all the Pulitzer talk just fed on ignorance. Nobel Prizes in literature became full of shyt. Philip Roth, Cormac McCarthy, Thomas Pynchon were the best Cac fiction writers of the past 50 years, and the Nobel Commitee kept giving the award to 6th rate Scandinavians.
Like @ISO said I get people wasn’t tryna hear that at a time that trap dominated the landscape but it lasted the test of time. Alright will be a song people play 20 years from now still. Though I get it.

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
This is revisionist history if I've ever read it, and I didn't even care for the second album like that back in the day.

Revisionist history how when it came out it was the greatest album in hip-hop history and was the voice of a movement ("Alright") but years later no one is listening to it and people are only back talking about it because Cole spoke the truth on it's impact.

"ISSA Classic right"

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Ok if that’s how it was to you then cool. I’m just saying I fukked with that album more than I did off-season and it was good album from Cole.

:yeshrug: I guess I’m in the unpopular opinion about Mr Morale and the big steppers. Which is fine by me.
I’m just saying off season is probably Cole’s best body of work, by all metrics it’s better than Mr Morale.

It’s cool if you like Mr Morale better, but if I’m being objective I have like 4 Kendrick albums above J Cole’s best shyt… so I don’t need to throw Mr Morale on top of it when I know it wasn’t anywhere near K Dot’s best
You being nice dawg…shyt was ass outside of like 4 tracks. Any other rapper gets laughed at for years for that we cry together shyt
I like more than 4 songs on there. I like bout 7 songs on MM&TBS. Rich Spirit is my shyt

But some of Kendrick’s shyt gets hyped a lil too much. His catalog for the most part is stellar tho

Section 80 was greatness

Gkmc a classic, if people call TPAB a classic I won’t argue… it’s not a top 5 or top 10 rap album all time or anywhere close. If you wanna talk about strictly production tho you can make an argument

Untitled Unmastered was great

DAMN has gotten the classic label all of a sudden. Really good blockbuster album. Nice blend of mainstream and pure K Dot… shyt had some filler tho and humble is one of the most manufactured hit songs I’ve ever witnessed in rap history

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Revisionist history how when it came out it was the greatest album in hip-hop history and was the voice of a movement ("Alright") but years later no one is listening to it and people are only back talking about it because Cole spoke the truth on it's impact.

"ISSA Classic right”

What truth? I get it that some people don’t fukk with the album but there’s a lot of people that do. I was just listening to that album a few days ago and to me it sounds just as good if not better than when I first heard it especially when you compare it to the shyt that’s out today. The sounds and real instruments that were used on that album gave it a timeless sound. If your a rap fan I can see why some nikkaz may dislike it but if your a music lover that shyt is a masterpiece.

Daps
I'm sorry but this just ain't all that to me :hubie:

I mean, I get that it's a shot across the bow but I'm waiting on everybody involved to get in they bag.

Right now this ain't even worth the discussion. Somebody wake me up when the real fight starts :russell:

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
What truth? I get it that some people don’t fukk with the album but there’s a lot of people that do. I was just listening to that album a few days ago and to me it sounds just as good if not better than when I first heard it especially when you compare it to the shyt that’s out today. The sounds and real instruments that were used on that album gave it a timeless sound. If your a rap fan I can see why some nikkaz may dislike it but if your a music lover that shyt is a masterpiece.

The truth that when it released those people who were praising it as a legendary album that would be remembered for all time (Cole: it was gassed) once the hype passed they went on about their merry way, but those two other K-dot albums Cole gave props for, people are still listening to those.

Cole was right.

Braman

Superstar
Daps

"ISSA Classic right"

I haven’t talked about Godfather 2 in ages. It’s still a classic :what:

This is the telltale sign of a ngga just chattin. It’s disingenuous af. We in the streaming age. Social media age. 24/7 stimulation age. Mfers literally DIE and ‘no one talks about it anymore’ a month later. fukk is you sayin :mjtf:

Cole fans are looking desperate. Bc a second ago a ngga said ‘Tetsuo & Yourh > TPAB’. Okay, so what is your metric for who’s ’still listening’ to that album?! :wtf: There is none. That’s not a real thing. You can use that for ANY accomplishment just say ‘nobody’s talking about it anymore’. And 99% chance you’ll be right. Cole fans talking points are like children. Yall WOULD think that basic ass ngga is nice

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Like @ISO said I get people wasn’t tryna hear that at a time that trap dominated the landscape but it lasted the test of time. Alright will be a song people play 20 years from now still. Though I get it.
No one cares about that song

A few people chanted the chorus while marching and that’s it

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Y'all call Kendrick's albums mid or ass but can't pinpoint the exact songs that garner such criticism :mjtf:

Kendrick don't have no Foldin Clothes or Wet Dreamz or Work Out in his catalog :scust:

Every Kendrick album is a complete body of work with few low points.

I'll rep anyone who can legitimately point me to a ghastly, terrible Kendrick song from one of his albums

Daps

"ISSA Classic right"
This is a stupid argument, according to your logic Purple Rain and Bad, and who even knows how many Hip Hop albums aren't classic albums cause they not charting on Billboard 200 right now.

TPAB and Morale are doing fine recurrently. People are clearly listening. Both albums are in the top 100 on Apple Music US and Morale gets more than 2M streams a day on spotify, TPAB 1.4M.

Leave the sales and stream arguments to Drake stans.