J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
J cole is considered to have a great delivery though:gucci:?

When did everybody stop thinking J Cole was average? I understand hes improved at a technical level,but hes basically the same as he always been. Meek actually did have a nice delivery to me for what he did. J Coles delivery is passable for the kind of music he makes,but great? He cant mask his generic lyricism with that delivery any better than Meek could. Generic,seemingly rehashed concepts,has always been Coles problem.

I'm probably the wrong person to ask that because I think he's a slightly above-average rapper in all categories, lol.

And don’t start me up on dude's production. I think Cole has gotten over during a time when most rappers aren't really rapping anymore. He's just okay, to me. But I think comparing him to actual greats like Kendrick is an insult to Kendrick's legacy and all the classic work he's done. This is really minor league against major league, to me. So I agree with you.

Last edited:

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
"quotable" in 2k24 means if an IG thot can use it as a caption :francis:

Damn, you right though.

200w.gif

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah Story of Addidon ain’t getting played at no damn club and it’s the best diss of this generation by far.
That’s because it was going against duppy freestyle which wasn’t trying to be a hit in drakes end. Back 2 back was a hit record but tbh the jabs were light but because it was a hit he ad the victory over meek. Like that is a big record and Kendrick gets a point for that. Cole had the better rapping but that’s all he had on this track.

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Cole shouldn’t have said anything judging by some of the reactions I’ve seen on social media. Kendrick gets graded on a curve compared to those two and it’s nasty as hell.
Social media is not a place where you gonna see a bunch of Kendrick dikkriding though so what does that tell you :russ:. Cole the last year and change has been getting majority praise from what I see out of the 3

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Social media is not a place where you gonna see a bunch of Kendrick dikkriding though so what does that tell you :russ:. Cole the last year and change has been getting majority praise from what I see out of the 3
Nah bruh it’s pretty bad on Twitter.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm probably the wrong people to ask that because I think he's a slightly above-average rapper in all categories, lol.

And don’t start me up on dude's production. I think Cole has gotten over during a time when most rappers aren't really rapping anymore. He's just okay, to me. But I think comparing him to actual greats like Kendrick is an insult to Kendrick's legacy and all the classic work he's done. This is really minor league against major league, to me. So I agree with you.

We are on exactly the same page.

J Cole is getting too much credit for his improvement. Dont get me wrong,its great that hes improved a bit over the years. But the leap that people seem to think he took,has more to do with the regression of his peers/competetion within hiphop. Than him actually taking some gigantic leap.

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
This is getting dry

Maybe if there were an interesting backstory

And there's no real stakes so far

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
The off season was good.
I gotta give it a listen.

Al I remember is the Luigi brother line. And he started that chopper/opp talk out of nowhere. Kinda weak IMO. I miss the old content. He hasn’t had a great song like “love yourz” in ages 🥹

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
We are on exactly the same page.

J Cole is getting too much credit for his improvement. Dont get me wrong,its great that hes improved a bit over the years. But the leap that people seem to think he took,has more to do with the regression of his peers/competetion within hiphop. Than him actually taking some gigantic leap.

Very true.

And I don’t even think the improvement has been all that crazy either.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
J Cole 1-0 is the number 1 trending topic on X

Stop it

What does this even mean? Of course it’s going to be trending. You can cherry picking tweets all you want. And this wack ass corny narrative that Kendrick is clout chasing like he’s wale or Joey badass is funny af. Kendrick been on these dudes neck while they were both crying and getting sonned by diddy

Lamar: I’m trying to murder you and make sure your fans never heard of you

Cole: I’m behind Kendrick and Drake :mjlol: