J Fold- 7 minute Apology (redacted Kendrick Lamar dis)

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Also somebody gotta explain the "you fell off and nobody would be discussing you if not for the diss" when Cole himself coined him in the big three on one of the biggest rap records of last year.
:dead:

And the last time Cole made waves before that, he suggested people thought he was in third place whereas Kendrick and Drake were superstars.
:dead:

Make it make sense.
Agreed. Good rapping but the lines weren’t truthful 😅😅😅

Kendrick doesn’t have to drop every other month to stay in the conversation. That’s power.

Also J Cole has no right to diss anyone’s body of work. That’s laughable:laff:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
We are on exactly the same page.

J Cole is getting too much credit for his improvement. Dont get me wrong,its great that hes improved a bit over the years. But the leap that people seem to think he took,has more to do with the regression of his peers/competetion within hiphop. Than him actually taking some gigantic leap.
agreed. and he’s killing feature verses but what does that album sound like? His last 3-4 were snoozers with no hits.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I do want to comment about the replay value discourse I’ve seen on Twitter

Obviously replay value matters, the desire to want to revisit a song/album over and over matters. But does it automatically make it better? For example, I’ve rewatched The Wood way more than I have Malcolm X, but does that make The Wood a better quality film than Malcolm X or does it just mean it’s more fun to revisit?

Just a thought, I know music and film isn’t a one to one comparison :hubie:
Agreed

There's a lot of great projects in art that just have so much weight, and also the effect has diminishing returns upon the 2nd experience.

Pursuit of happiness is one of the best, saddest films I've ever seen, it brought forth very strong emotion from me, and I have zero desire to see it again. TPAB I did and do replay but I can definitely see and understand those who wouldn't, and to me it's an undeniable classic. The revisionist history surrounding it online isn't real discussion to me. Some never vibed with it and those are the ones speaking IMO, those of us who "got it" never stopped "getting it"

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I still find this funny, how you gonna say nobody would be talking about him if it wasn't for the diss and you brought his name up last year :dead:

between this, Cole acting like he has the better discography :mjlol: , all the complimentary bars sprinkled in, is why I said Cole cant fukk with Kendrick.

Is Cole the better technical rapper? Yes

thats not enough to win a BATTLE, I dont know why nikkas stumbling over this fact.

I forgot about this one :laff:

ducktales all over this track :mjlol:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
You don't know what a sublimal is :dead:

It's not one if we know who they're talking about

His hit cause they were actually true

If you were in kendrick's position, you'd feel disrespected too being compared to drake and Cole

Kendrick has had as near a perfect career as anyone can have in rap. Has respect of hip hop purists as well as casuals. Classic albums and commercial success. Authentic background and extensive list of cosigns. Multiple awards and accolades. He's the only rapper to win a pulitizer for music. Cole and drake don't compare when you look at all their careers.

Dude is the voice of a generation and really the last rap superstar of his kind

Cause everybody else had to switch up to blow, but kendrick has consistently stayed himself and became a legend off his own style and vision

Do you really think we'll get another rapper with as much artistry and commerical success? :manny:
This post is disgusting.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Cole shouldn’t have said anything judging by some of the reactions I’ve seen on social media. Kendrick gets graded on a curve compared to those two and it’s nasty as hell.
nikkas are actually taking it personal that Cole sent a shot back. I said this back when Cole dropped that Control verse and people got mad at anyone who replied while saying Kendrick is making shyt competitive. People take it personally when a nikka diss Kendrick. There's no way Cole can win this discourse online.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Diss was cool but it was a massive tactical error dropping this when "Like That" is still the #1 song in the country. Which is why the social media angle is playing out how it is. Most people do not want to go against the guy winning.

He should've waited until the hype behind the song died down, but Drake started the whole "there's a count down for diss records" trend, so here we are. :manny:

Lastly I don't understand people saying Cole can't go crazy on a diss record due to losing sponsors or endorsements. Pusha T has endorsement deals with Adidas, Arbys, Red Bull, etc. after "TSOA".

Fred.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Kendrick bout to eat this nikka food. He shot at the man's discography and this nikka don't have one classic yet.
no he is not

we can bet 4 weeks from now, Kendrick will not respond to to this track

Kendrick knows this was just a love tap

a month from now, you will be making excuses on why he hasn't responded