It's crazy how 30+ years in, Nintendo is still widely and by far the best development House in the w

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Well Polished?

Half their games look/run like absolute shyt. Try playing a majority of switch games mobile and it looks like a dreamcast game. this is supposed to be a handheld mind you and it does that terribly.
Most first party games look and run great.

Aside from Pokemon, but that's a Gamefreak thing tbh.

It's 3P that tends to be trash.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
fukk nintendo :ld:

That like saying fukk your parents or grandparents.

Look, we know you addicted to high end 8k graphics and cinematics from PS5, moreso over gameplay, but without Nintendo, all you have is some lame azz 3rd party American game with a gun or sports ball.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
That like saying fukk your parents or grandparents.

Look, we know you addicted to high end 8k graphics and cinematics from PS5, moreso over gameplay, but without Nintendo, all you have is some lame azz 3rd party American game with a gun or sports ball.

Why do nintendo stans say this. Everything they release is graded on a curve no matter how good or bad it is. I'm not sure where this talking point where having a actual narrative along with your gameplay became a bad thing :mjlol: If you put TLOU or HZD on the switch and called them Eternal Darkness: The Happening and Breath of the Sun and they were 1:1 graphics notwithstanding nintendo stans would be saying them shyts were 95/100 games. ya'll so see through. nikkas line up to play half finished broken ass pokemon games you not going to sit here and tell me if most of sony fp games were made by nintendo they wouldn't be foaming at the mouth to defend them. Nintendo is the same as OG goat rapper that still makes music. sure some of they songs may capture the feeling but why not just go back and listen to/play their infinitely better catalog from the past?

You do realize Sony is also a japanese developer as well :dwillhuh: so I'm not sure what you are getting at in that last sentence.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Why do nintendo stans say this. Everything they release is graded on a curve no matter how good or bad it is. I'm not sure where this talking point where having a actual narrative along with your gameplay became a bad thing :mjlol: If you put TLOU or HZD on the switch and called them Eternal Darkness: The Happening and Breath of the Sun and they were 1:1 graphics notwithstanding nintendo stans would be saying them shyts were 95/100 games. ya'll so see through. nikkas line up to play half finished broken ass pokemon games you not going to sit here and tell me if most of sony fp games were made by nintendo they wouldn't be foaming at the mouth to defend them. Nintendo is the same as OG goat rapper that still makes music. sure some of they songs may capture the feeling but why not just go back and listen to/play their infinitely better catalog from the past?

You do realize Sony is also a japanese developer as well :dwillhuh: so I'm not sure what you are getting at in that last sentence.

Sony been graphics obsessed and having expensive consoles since the Ps3, and the Japanese charts point out that these high end HD graphics don't do well in Japanese sales or the installer base. Basically, Sony abandoned Japan and catered to American audiences since the PS3 era, which is why they ain't doing nothing in Japan anymore.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Sony been graphics obsessed and having expensive consoles since the Ps3, and the Japanese charts point out that these high end HD graphics don't do well in Japanese sales or the installer base. Basically, Sony abandoned Japan and catered to American audiences since the PS3 era, which is why they ain't doing nothing in Japan anymore.

:bryan:nonsense, Japanese don't play playstations now:bryan:

And why would I care how well something is selling in Japan anyway? Can you give me a reason this matters to me, here in America? This would be like me caring how many cars were sold of the vehicle I drive in its country of origin. In any case, We have 3 times as many people here. it would be idiotic to not cater more to us as its shown we buy games.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Why do nintendo stans say this. Everything they release is graded on a curve no matter how good or bad it is. I'm not sure where this talking point where having a actual narrative
who, in any (inherently hyper-critical) gaming community, is grading anything on a curve? respectfully that is a terrible take

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Do you think it didn't?

There's literally a fight damn near lifted from Oot in either Demons or Dark Souls as something like a homage...

Ueda and Nintendo Sensei is who largely has taught and informed Miyazaki's gameplay tendencies.
Dark souls is a spiritual successor to kings field, and alot of the design philosophy carried over to the souls games.

Dark Souls was influenced by those old rpg dungeon crawlers, not action adventure puzzle games like zelda.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Do people really think Zelda inspired dark souls?
I think he means in a very broad sense..eg, LoZ on the NES established the baseline for single player adventures across all genres..explore, upgrade your character, etc...kind of a weak link, but I see it.

That being said, yes, Nintendo is the GOAT. It is indisputable. Blows my mind to see the Xbox/PS fanboys on here debate the merits of their exclusives when Nintendo has dominated exclusives for the last 5 years.

It's not even about their insane release catalog anymore. Their brand is so strong they have 2x theme parks. The Mario movie is going to gross at least $700M globally. Hell, it may do Frozen numbers and break a billion. God of War and Halo just can't do that.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Stop it.

Nintendo been making the same damn games for decades.:camby:
Everyone I've met who makes this argument almost never plays Nintendo's games, or uses niche examples like Pokemon and Animal Crossing. It literally ignores the innovation that drives Nintendo's success.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think he means in a very broad sense..eg, LoZ on the NES established the baseline for single player adventures across all genres..explore, upgrade your character, etc...kind of a weak link, but I see it.

That being said, yes, Nintendo is the GOAT. It is indisputable. Blows my mind to see the Xbox/PS fanboys on here debate the merits of their exclusives when Nintendo has dominated exclusives for the last 5 years.

It's not even about their insane release catalog anymore. Their brand is so strong they have 2x theme parks. The Mario movie is going to gross at least $700M globally. Hell, it may do Frozen numbers and break a billion. God of War and Halo just can't do that.

Not that i care to go down this nintendo rabbit hole but Last of Us is literally the biggest show on tv right now and Uncharted for as wack as it was did like 500m in the box office

The mario movie will do big numbers not only for being mario but for the fact that it looks like it’ll actually be good.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I feel like kings field was more influenced by games like black crypt, dungeon master, wizardry, etc. than Zelda.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not that i care to go down this nintendo rabbit hole but Last of Us is literally the biggest show on tv right now and Uncharted for as wack as it was did like 500m in the box office

The mario movie will do big numbers not only for being mario but for the fact that it looks like it’ll actually be good.
I'm watching TLOU, first ep was great. It's going to be a Euphoria/GoT-level success for HBO but that's just not the same ballpark as having a hit movie man.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm watching TLOU, first ep was great. It's going to be a Euphoria/GoT-level success for HBO but that's just not the same ballpark as having a hit movie man.

Says who though? It’s not like Mario is gonna be come out and be schindlers list, its gonna be a good animated movie, which is already seen as a lesser form of entertainment amongst movie snobs than anything else.

Spider verse is the best spider-man movie and it did a quarter of the sales of any of the recent trilogy movies. And Prestige TV is shytting on big movies these days.

When was the last time you heard peopel talk about a movie the same way they talked about Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad, Peak Mad Men, Severance, Better Call Saul, The Bear, Andor etc?

More people are watching tv then going to the movies

Last edited: