It's crazy how 30+ years in, Nintendo is still widely and by far the best development House in the w

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No it don’t. Nintendo been making the same shyt since forever. Most of their hardware gimmicks are just that, gimmicks. It’s pretty telling that when their games from old hardware get remastered the first thing people are checking for is if those old, dumb ass control gimmicks have been removed.

They are :stopitslime: we know the review game is highly subjective. When half of the reviews are coming from sites called “Nintendo power” and the other half from people who’s first gaming experience was Mario then shyts gonna be skewed

The games aren’t bad. But they also are not this bastion of innovation and quality yall try to position them as. They are very safe and play to their fans, and that’s ok cause obviously it’s working :manny:

Nintendo hardware is not “quality” it’s always the cheapest, less advanced on the market. They just get away with it cause people are so stuck on their franchises, they just accept whatever they need to, to play Nintendo games. :smh:

The only gimmick people didn't care for but also loved at the same time was the Wii stuff.

And for a gimmick both Sony and MS hopped on that train quick.

Nintendo games are genre defining and bending. I know you don't like Nintendo but the are the facts.

Mario 1 to 2 to 3 are all significantly different and even when world dropped it refined everything 123 brought to the table.

Then Mario 64 drop and changed 3d open world platform gaming. And Zelda dropped and changed open world action games.

And Nintendo has repeated that system after system while catering to the so call system gimmicks.

Looking back on any long lasting series you can say "it's all the same" Halo, gow, whatever 1st party title.

But Nintendo games especially there main stays legit have added whole genres/sub genres to gaming.

There was no kart racing before Mario kart, Metroid spawned Metroidvanias, smash created platform fighters and currently breath of the wild was x copied to 2 of the most successful games in a long time.

Genshin impact and Elden rings.

The switch has people able to play a mobile console, the 3ds had legit 3d with no glasses. The DS was the 1st dual screen portable gaming device with a stylus.

I legit can go on and on.

And the way they aggressively protect their IP means that legit pieces of property will retain or go up in value for owners and collectors

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The only gimmick people didn't care for but also loved at the same time was the Wii stuff.
That’s the only hardware/control “innovation” they’ve had in the last 15 years or so.

And for a gimmick both Sony and MS hopped on that train quick.
That’s what people do. Follow the money. Doesn’t mean it’s not a gimmick

Nintendo games are genre defining and bending. I know you don't like Nintendo but the are the facts.
Stop it. There are plenty platformers that are doing more for the genre than Mario. Plenty RPGs doing more than Zelda and so on. This is nonsense. If anything Nintendo games are the safest

And I don’t like Nintendo shytty hardware and business practices. But I do like Nintendo games which is why I’ve purchased every Nintendo console.

Mario 1 to 2 to 3 are all significantly different and even when world dropped it refined everything 123 brought to the table.
nikka took it back to 1984 :mjlol:

and even then, the only one that was significantly different was 2. They been remaking 3/world for the last 15 years now:francis:

Then Mario 64 drop and changed 3d open world platform gaming. And Zelda dropped and changed open world action games.
And they been remaking them shyts every since.

Nobody denying Nintendo in the past. We are talking about current Nintendo:stopitslime:

And Nintendo has repeated that system after system while catering to the so call system gimmicks.
No the fukk they have not. That’s why your examples stoped in 1998 :mjlol:

Looking back on any long lasting series you can say "it's all the same" Halo, gow, whatever 1st party title.
Yes, but Nintendo stans like to pretend cause Mario got wings on his hat this time, it’s some new innovative genre defining feature :martin:

But Nintendo games especially there main stays legit have added whole genres/sub genres to gaming.
Yes, once in 1984 and again in 1998 :ehh:

There was no kart racing before Mario kart, Metroid spawned Metroidvanias, smash created platform fighters and currently breath of the wild was x copied to 2 of the most successful games in a long time.
No, there were Kart racers before Mario.

Genshin impact and Elden rings.
Stop. Elden ring don’t have shyt to do with Zelda :camby:

The switch has people able to play a mobile console,
You mean like game boy? :mjlol:

the 3ds had legit 3d with no glasses. The DS was the 1st dual screen portable gaming device with a stylus.

All gimmicks that have now been bushed:camby:

I legit can go on and on.

And the way they aggressively protect their IP means that legit pieces of property will retain or go up in value for owners and collectors
I like how you spinned their shytting on customers and fans as a good thing.

Nintendo stans wild :wow:

Last edited:

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
That’s the only hardware/control “innovation” they’ve had in the last 15 years or so.

Stop it. There are plenty platformers that are doing more for the genre than Mario. Plenty RPGs doing more than Zelda and so on. This is nonsense. If anything Nintendo games are the safest

And I don’t like Nintendo shytty hardware and business practices. But I do like Nintendo games which is why I’ve purchased every Nintendo console.

and even then, the only one that was significantly different was 2. They been remaking 3/world for the last 15 years now:francis:

Nobody denying Nintendo in the past. We are talking about current Nintendo:stopitslime:

Yes, but Nintendo stans like to pretend cause Mario got wings on his hat this time, it’s some new innovative genre defining feature :martin:

There were kart racers before MK but the party aspect, with items and all the extra stuff that now embodies the Kart racer genre is all Nintendo.

Nobody is making or playing Kart racers these days like the original games thirty years ago.

It's all in the MK mold these days.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
There were kart racers before MK but the party aspect, with items and all the extra stuff that now embodies the Kart racer genre is all Nintendo.

Nobody is making or playing Kart racers these days like the original games thirty years ago.

It's all in the MK mold these days.
All games add stuff over time.

There were definitely pickups in racing games before Mario Kart

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Breh, mario is the pinnacle of platforming games currently. Regardless of age, if you like platforming games you like mario games. They have a level of attention to detail that other platform games just don't have. In fact the last crisp platform game to release was probably sack boy and even that doesn't touch the polish of mario... and even that isn't mario tier. It's the undisputed king of 3d platformers. from galaxy to Odyssey you literally do things that you can't find another 3d platformer that m, even with kirby can you show me some equivalents?

And to be clear I'm speaking of 3d platformers mostly, although nintendo hasn't really missed with the 2d platformers either.

As far as zelda go yeah, the fact that you are calling zelda a RPG:francis: It's not and really has never been close to a RPG.... It's a always been a action adventure game outside of some weird one offs that from what I remember of playing them I'd prob still call a AA game.

I stopped with examples because nintendo has a formula that they have repeated till this day. Release a game, mario or zelda, then improve upon the concept and add something new the next game then release another version that's different from the pervious ones.

The only games that didn't do that are the metroid games until prime. And maybe that's why they never really popped super big.... but even with that, that game breed a whole sub genre.

idk breh, halo added "powers" and items it was a big deal and was hailed innovative for the series, GOW added essentially a side kick , changed up the combat and it was hailed as innovative.

Mario 64 to sunshine to galaxy are vastly different games breh, if you've only seen or played a level or two then I understand why you wouldn't feel like this.

Same with ocarina of time Majoras mask and wind waker.

And this is leaving out the countless none "main line" games like paper mario, 4 swords and the sports titles...

:whew:

Last edited:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Got damn y’all make some long ass posts :picard:
Legit. I hope these dudes get paid cause that shyt is way too much effort. :russ:

Tbh I forgot we actually had a Nintendo Stan that’s a rare breed.

It’s always funny how pissed off people get against Nintendo on here. Obviously Nintendo is stubborn on their ways.

They make really well polished games and are hella talented as game developers.

But shyt like their online services is so bad it’s actually hilarious. Of course hardware is outdated. Idk why brehs get their hopes up everytime a new switch pro rumor comes up.

You either ride with Nintendo or ignore them completely. CAUSE THEY WILL NEVER CHANGE THEIR WAYS.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Legit. I hope these dudes get paid cause that shyt is way too much effort. :russ:

Tbh I forgot we actually had a Nintendo Stan that’s a rare breed.

It’s always funny how pissed off people get against Nintendo on here. Obviously Nintendo is stubborn on their ways.

They make really well polished games and are hella talented as game developers.

But shyt like their online services is so bad it’s actually hilarious. Of course hardware is outdated. Idk why brehs get their hopes up everytime a new switch pro rumor comes up.

You either ride with Nintendo or ignore them completely. CAUSE THEY WILL NEVER CHANGE THEIR WAYS.

Well Polished?

Half their games look/run like absolute shyt. Try playing a majority of switch games mobile and it looks like a dreamcast game. this is supposed to be a handheld mind you and it does that terribly.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Well Polished?

Half their games look/run like absolute shyt. Try playing a majority of switch games mobile and it looks like a dreamcast game. this is supposed to be a handheld mind you and it does that terribly.
What you are saying is dependent on the hardware. I'm purely talking about Nintendo as a developer. I acknowledged that their hardware is severely outdated. The first party games that Nintendo develops usually is bug free (Pokemon is not an example since it is not developed by Nintendo and Nintendo can't stop their release schedule) and runs impressively given the hardware. BOTW, Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 3 as examples.

Games that Nintendo develops in house fully maximizes their current hardware to the max. BOTW and XC 3 are the best examples of this. I wished that it wasn't PS3/360 level hardware, but the Switch continues to sell. So it is what it is.