It's crazy how 30+ years in, Nintendo is still widely and by far the best development House in the w

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's completely related. Meach is arguing Nintendo makes "the same game over and over". I provided examples of Nintendo that were innovative, or at least weren't "the same game over and over" within their franchises (even though Meach restricted me to Nintendo's most recent console, skipping 20 years of massive innovations).

If the examples I provided don't disprove Meach's stance that Nintendo makes the same game over and over, it'd be great to see examples from you (or anyone) of how their competition evolves their flagship franchises in ways that Nintendo doesn't.
well, you lost for arguing with MeachTheMoron.

Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Link to the Past, Majoras Mask, Windwaker, Twilight Princess, and Breath of the Wild were all different in their own right from each other. only a moron would fail to see that.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
I mean thats such a low bar already. Gamefreak modernizing their games is not innovative, its like the exact opposite they are playing catch up.
If we're expanding the scope of this argument from "Nintendo makes the same games over and over" to "Nintendo has fallen behind MS/Sony in [insert metric/capability here]", then defending Nintendo gets a lot harder. I acknowledge Sony and Microsoft are both offering way more modern/robust games than Nintendo is. Nintendo doesn't even allow us to have usernames on their consoles, for God's sake.

But the beauty of that is Nintendo doesn't even care; they stopped competing with MS/Sony in that arena in 2008 the day the Wii released. Their audience isn't just hardcore gamers that argue on internet forums: it's kids, parents, baby boomers, sorority girls. They offer games that are crazy polished, innovative (even if they're not the AAA movie-like experiences that God of War or Halo Infinite are), and fun. And a LOT of people enjoy that.

When I combine that present success with a 30 year backlog of titles that dwarfs any single developer/publisher's library (which everyone arguing me is ignoring), I reach the conclusion that OP is right: Nintendo is far and away the greatest developer in industry history.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I don’t even want to hear about a gamefreak game ever again until they get voice acting. Talking about some innovation :scusthov:

Work on bringing the games up to par with stuff released within the past decade and we’ll talk, and that goes for a number of nintendo titles.

So high bidget movie acting and production is needed for an innovatove game nowadays? :skip:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
well, you lost for arguing with MeachTheMoron.

Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Link to the Past, Majoras Mask, Windwaker, Twilight Princess, and Breath of the Wild were all different in their own right from each other. only a moron would fail to see that.
Fair enough. I think is my first argument with him.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
When I combine that present success with a 30 year backlog of titles that dwarfs any single developer/publisher's library (which everyone arguing me is ignoring), I reach the conclusion that OP is right: Nintendo is far and away the greatest developer in industry history.
shyt, Donkey Kong is 42, Mario is 38, and Zelda is 36. not many franchises have been able to stay relevant pushing 4 decades of age.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:martin:

These are weak counterarguments. You argued Nintendo makes the same games over and over. I provided example of games on the Switch that either massively changed core mechanics of that respective franchise, or were new franchises all together. You're trolling because you know I'm right. Especially if we actually talk about innovations across "all time" as OP argued in the beginning of the thread.
There are very few new franchises and their games a very iterative. Mario galaxy isn’t doing anything plenty
of other mario games didnt do before it,

Only one you kinda have a point with is zelda. But that’s still not a huge departure from the usual formula. Lots of recent games have opened up a little lately. But y’all wouldn’t say microsoft was so “innovative” for adding some open world stuff to Gears of War

You and I both own the Series X. You know as well as I do that Microsoft is far more guilty of "releasing the same game over and over" than Nintendo. All the recent Halo, Forza, Gears of War releases etc are way less innovative than the titles I listed. If you're gonna stan for Microsoft, at least be consistent in this newly announced desire for innovation you have.
Halo, Gears, And Forza have gone through more significant changes than the aforementioned nintendo games.

For some reason people just like to pretend they have not.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
There are very few new franchises and their games a very iterative. Mario galaxy isn’t doing anything plenty
of other mario games didnt do before it,

Only one you kinda have a point with is zelda. But that’s still not a huge departure from the usual formula. Lots of recent games have opened up a little lately. But y’all wouldn’t say microsoft was so “innovative” for adding some open world stuff to Gears of War

Halo, Gears, And Forza have gone through more significant changes than the aforementioned nintendo games.

For some reason people just like to pretend they have not.
Come on Meach I know you don't believe that :beli:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Come on Meach I know you don't believe that :beli:
You say Zelda went open world.
Halo did too. But that don’t count.

You say Mario went “open world”
Gears did too, But that don’t count.

Forza horizon is a whole new genre of game just with the forza name and tech.
But that don’t exist tho.

Lots of discourse around this stuff is driven by hype and narratives, not reality. I like Nintendo games. But i know what i’m gonna get from a Mario game, just like any other long time running franchise.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You say Zelda went open world.
Halo did too. But that don’t count.

You say Mario went “open world”
Gears did too, But that don’t count.

Forza horizon is a whole new genre of game just with the forza name and tech.
But that don’t exist tho.

Lots of discourse around this stuff is driven by hype and narratives, not reality. I like Nintendo games. But i know what i’m gonna get from a Mario game, just like any other long time running franchise.
Zelda's open world jump also came with a slew of gameplay changes and a new engine that was physics sandbox. That was an olympic long jump; Gears 5 and Halo Infinite were hops compared to BOTW's changse. Even Cappy's function in Mario Odyssey was more of a change than the games you listed. Additionally, you're ignoring something wild like Labo that turned the Switch into like 15 other devices. This is all while arguing in this tight, Switch-only argument you cherry picked.

I like Gears and Halo too (Forza's not my kind of game. Beautiful though). But they're more formulaic than Nintendo's top franchises, easily.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Zelda's open world jump also came with a slew of gameplay changes and a new engine that was physics sandbox. That was an olympic long jump; Gears 5 and Halo Infinite were hops compared to BOTW's changse.
Halo had a new engine and new gameplay shyt and it’s been a “physics sandbox” for 2 decades.

But that don’t matter cause zelda got a stamina bar :francis:

Even Cappy's function in Mario Odyssey was more of a change than the games you listed. Additionally, you're ignoring something wild like Labo that turned the Switch into like 15 other devices. This is all while arguing in this tight, Switch-only argument you cherry picked.
Stop. Mario been putting on new hats for literally decades. Ain’t nothing you can tell me to convince me that wings on a mario hat is some great new design feature.
I like Gears and Halo too (Forza's not my kind of game. Beautiful though). But they're more formulaic than Nintendo's top franchises, easily.
You only see what you want to see:manny:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Halo had a new engine and new gameplay shyt and it’s been a “physics sandbox” for 2 decades.

But that don’t matter cause zelda got a stamina bar :francis:

Stop. Mario been putting on new hats for literally decades. Ain’t nothing you can tell me to convince me that wings on a mario hat is some great new design feature.

You only see what you want to see:manny:
Dude have you played Mario Odyssey? You know the hat isn't just cosmetic right?