It's about to be 2021, can we all agree Jay is the greatest?

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
If there's a G.O.A.T. it's Jay-Z. He checks off all the boxes the skill, longevity, influence, classics, sales. I know who ever your G.O.A.T. isn't getting the treatment in 2020 that Jay-Z is and that's telling.

Sometimes people have to be objective.

This is all facts and Jay ain’t even my personal top 5. But objectively speaking he’s the best ever. If he was to release an album tomorrow it would be major news. That’s crazy

Nas checks all those boxes too. He dropped a classic this year at age 47.

It isn't as objective as you say it is. It comes down to personal preference. I lean more towards Nas
:manny:

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I was listening to a Week Ago and Anything this weekend. He is all time great but he wouldn't be the star he is if Christopher Wallace was still alive and he cant outrap Nas.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Nas checks all those boxes too. He dropped a classic this year too at age 47.

It isn't as objective as you say it is. It comes down to personal preference. I lean more towards Nas
I prefer Nas too but I think overall Jay has had the better career. I got both of em top 3 with Pac tho. I disagree about Kings Disease being a classic tho. It was his best work since Life Is Good but I don’t even think it was the best album this year

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Nas checks all those boxes too. He dropped a classic this year too at age 47.

Nas didn't drop a classic. How did he drop a classic when his album just came out. He dropped a good album for a old nikka that's pretty much it, something his core fans will love not a classic.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Electron and Nas album made about the same impact

Nas only moved about 15,000 more copies and had way more features from the likes of Durk, Ferg, Big Sean, Don Toliver

Nas had a blatant hit attempt with Spicy. Electron album was him and Hov on some tracks with no type of mainstream attempts.

U allergic to context I ain’t juelzing

Still Juelzing I see because I never mentioned Nas in any of my responses in this thread. In regard to context, maybe you need to look up the word because you clearly lack it.

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
I prefer Nas too but I think overall Jay has had the better career. I got both of em top 3 with Pac tho. I disagree about Kings Disease being a classic tho. It was his best work since Life Is Good but I don’t even think it was the best album this year

The same could be said about 4:44. I think it's one of his better albums though.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Still Juelzing I see because I never mentioned Nas in any of my responses in this thread. In regard to context, maybe you need to look up the word because you clearly lack it.
Nah, Santana stop Juelzing.

The first part of my post is a testament to Hov’s longevity and skill set and how good he sounds at 50.

The second part is on his influence and how we’ve seen it in 2020.

U and others in here have focused to zero in on an album that he is featured on not even his album to detract from facts.

This there’s no objective shyt is a straight cop out. When you check off the boxes of a G.O.A.T., Jay checks them off.

And again look at OP and tell me WHY no other rapper is getting that treatment.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Because it’s music..
And Jordan is basketball :gucci:

There’s people who think LeBron, Kobe, Wilt, etc. the greatest but objectively and by wide consensus Michael is the greatest

It’s the same for Jay. Mike Jordan of recording.