It's about to be 2021, can we all agree Jay is the greatest?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
No...it hasn’t.

Nas stans stay overrating that album it was nice but relax. And music needs to have impact and be memorable.
and for music to have an impact and be memorable it has to be heard while you are enjoying life... let's pretend we don't know what happened to that this year.

nobody was outside

Nas outsold. Jeezy, T.I. Chainz etc as a legacy act :wow:... dropped a relevant album musically and checked all the boxes without compromise. Jay snuck out some mid by tagging along on another nikka album. If Nas rapped on some of the beats on that Jay Elec album people would never shut up about it.

now to address your point about music having impact and being memorable. what the fukk exactly makes that Jay Elec album impactful and memorable. shyt came and went :dead:

Can't be honest, not objective... stannery is afoot.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Word? Why are you touting Jay Electronica's album then? lol
:dahell: Jay was a feature on those songs it’s not even his album

It’s practically a NOI album and it’s Grammy nominated and don’t be surprised if Jay Electronica winds up going Gold by next year.

Why not talk about Jay-Z’s album and how arguably the most popular young rapper remixed a song off it 3 years after the fact

:laff:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
and for music to have an impact and be memorable it has to be heard while you are enjoying life... let's pretend we don't know what happened to that this year.

nobody was outside

Nas outsold. Jeezy, T.I. Chainz etc as a legacy act :wow:... dropped a relevant album musically and checked all the boxes without compromise. Jay snuck out some mid by tagging along on another nikka album. If Nas rapped on some of the beats on that Jay Elec album people would never shut up about it.

now to address your point about music having impact and being memorable. what the fukk exactly makes that Jay Elec album impactful and memorable. shyt came and went :dead:

Can't be honest, not objective... stannery is afoot.
Please man nikkas was outside and it’s not like Nas would be getting play :mjlol:

Jay was featured on Jay Electronica album and he outspat Nas verse for verse. :mjlol:

For your sake I hope Nas wins that Grammy :lolbron:

Nas stans holding on to him outselling fukking Jeezy first week and then completely falling off the charts :mjlol:

That shytty ass Spicy video been stuck at 5M views for 2 months :mjlol:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:dahell: Jay was a feature on those songs it’s not even his album

It’s practically a NOI album and it’s Grammy nominated and don’t be surprised if Jay Electronica winds up going Gold by next year.

Why not talk about Jay-Z’s album and how arguably the most popular young rapper remixed a song off it 3 years after the fact

:laff:
You can't tout the Grammy while shytting on Nas' album for not having impact. And you are counting sales dude has yet to get? :gucci:
I don't knoww what you're talking about I never heard this remake you are talking about. lol

Daps

I’ll always give 2Pac credit. He was able to succeed being multiple people at the same time. Not only was he never taken the task for conflicting messages but he has the plaques to prove people were all in regardless of what he did in his prime

Brenda’s Got A Baby
Keep Your Head Up
Dear Mama
Amerikaz Most Wanted
She’d So Many Tearz
California Love
etc

These are gold, platinum & multi platinum singles

A case can be made this nikka was literally being different people at the same time. Not only did the people accept it but they bought it without questioning it

for that alone 2Pac will probably always be the greatest