It's about to be 2021, can we all agree Jay is the greatest?

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Outside of The Hitmen, none of those producers had been on an album that huge before. This album definitely didn't make Premo nor did it make a household name out of Timbaland, who was already established BEFORE Vol. 2. Same goes for Eric Sermon.

I am not sure Tim charged Jay Z for "nikka What nikka Who". According to Tim, he came up with the beat in like 15 minutes which was about the time it took Jay to complete his verses.

Of course not. I didn't mention Preme and E-Dub. But the point that Jay was making, was that he takes chances on newer people who may not have the longest resumes, and those people went on to become household names after working with him. He was talking about Ye, Just Blaze and Swizz mostly.

As far as Tim is concerned, I'm pretty sure he didn't give him the beat for free, but even if he charged Jay a dollar for the beat, the publishing you would see on a single you produced for an album that sold five million records back then, is way crazier than anything Tim saw by '98, lol. That track was huge for that album.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course not. I didn't mention Preme and E-Dub. But the point that Jay was making, was that he takes chances on newer people who may not have the longest resumes, and those people went on to become household names after working with him. He was talking about Ye, Just Blaze and Swizz mostly.

As far as Tim is concerned, I'm pretty sure he didn't give him the beat for free, but even if he charged Jay a dollar for the beat, the publishing you would see on a single you produced for an album that sold five million records back then, is way crazier than anything Tim saw by '98, lol. That track was huge for that album.

I highly doubt that. That same year, Timbaland produced "Are You That Somebody", which was the lead single from the Dr. Doolittle soundtrack. I think he had executive producer credits on the soundtrack and was paid like six figures for that one song.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
80% of how many people is what I was asking. We would have to have definitive number of knowledgeable heads in order to know 80%.
:russ:
it would be impossible to do that.
The point is that we have an idea of the albums where there is a strong consensus on it being a classic and those that don’t have that strong consensus. It’s not just our personal opinion on album quality, but how is the album perceived by the core audience as a whole.
There’s no definitive answers here. It’s our subjective take on the collective opinion. But I think we can all agree that RD and BP1 have a stronger consensus than Vol 2.