It's about to be 2021, can we all agree Jay is the greatest?

Budda

Superstar
Daps
And Jordan is basketball :gucci:

There’s people who think LeBron, Kobe, Wilt, etc. the greatest but objectively and by wide consensus Michael is the greatest

It’s the same for Jay. Mike Jordan of recording.

But there’s stats, there is no stats in Rap music apart from sales, which would mean Eminem is the greatest, or maybe Drake?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, Santana stop Juelzing.

The first part of my post is a testament to Hov’s longevity and skill set and how good he sounds at 50.

The second part is on his influence and how we’ve seen it in 2020.

U and others in here have focused to zero in on an album that he is featured on not even his album to detract from facts.

This there’s no objective shyt is a straight cop out. When you check off the boxes of a G.O.A.T., Jay checks them off.

And again look at OP and tell me WHY no other rapper is getting that treatment.

If people are focused in on the album its because its

1) mentioned in the OP

2) It is Jay's latest work even if it is more of joint album

Nobody's detracting from facts. The only thing you could deduce from the argument in the OP is that Jay is one of the GOATs. That much is all that will ever get near universal agreement. To put Jay as the absolute GOAT, no matter how many boxes he checks, will always be met with arguments. Why? Everybody has different boxes and he may or may not check all of theirs. What part of that concept are you not grasping?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
But there’s stats, there is no stats in Rap music apart from sales, which would mean Eminem is the greatest, or maybe Drake?
Plenty of stats in rap. When we talk about checking off the boxes these are our stats.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Jay is Kobe/Lebron to 2pac's Jordan.

Pac hits people on a different level...
...he has intangibles that go past music.

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still on the rakim boat.

jay has made too much basura for me to make him number 1. But he is an impeccable lyricist and artist nonetheless.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
If people are focused in on the album its because its

1) mentioned in the OP

2) It is Jay's latest work even if it is more of joint album

Nobody's detracting from facts. The only thing you could deduce from the argument in the OP is that Jay is one of the GOATs. That much is all that will ever get near universal agreement. To put Jay as the absolute GOAT, no matter how many boxes he checks, will always be met with arguments. Why? Everybody has different boxes and he may or may not check all of theirs. What part of that concept are you not grasping?
U can argue all day

Nikkas argue all day about LeBron and Michael and Kobe at the end of the day who is the G.O.A.T. though? Jordan until further notice. Arguments don’t matter it’s the success, the respect, the accolades, the longevity that matter and speak for themselves.

Nas stans are focused in on that album because Nas sold a lil more than it, it’s that simple and they are painting it as Jay’s album.

On some rapping shyt Jay rapped better than Nas in 2020.

And again if Jay isn’t the G.O.A.T. why is he the one getting the treatment in OP?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I’m a Bron fan he’s my G.O.A.T.

Objectively I can say Michael is the greatest based off his accolades and impact

It’s the same shyt in rap

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
U can argue all day

Jordan until further notice. Arguments don’t matter it’s the success, the respect, the accolades, the longevity that matter and speak for themselves.

Nas stans are focused in on that album because Nas sold a lil more than it, it’s that simple and they are painting it as Jay’s album.

On some rapping shyt Jay rapped better than Nas in 2020.

And again if Jay isn’t the G.O.A.T. why is he the one getting the treatment in OP?

That is my point. People STILL argue this even if it is Jordan. To me, Jordan is GOAT. I can list all kinds of reasons why, I can show you clips, and explain how big it was that dude was doing Hanes, Gatorade, and Wheaties commercials and how big that was for an athlete period and not just a NBA player. That isn't going to stop anyone from arguing LeBron is GOAT. I actually had this same argument with my older brother who argued LeBron was GOAT. We both have watched both LeBron and Jordan at their peas, but I digress...

Breh, miss me with the Nas stans, because I never mentioned Nas in my any of my responses. You stay harping on Nas more than the stans do. All I am telling you is that saying someone is GOAT will always be met with disagreements. Yes, Jay Z is a GOAT. Few would argue that he isn't, those that do would look silly. If you made an argument for him being GOAT, no matter how eloquent or objective it is presented, it will be met with debate and the arguments against it would be just as compelling.

Jay is getting the treatment he is getting in 2020 because he is a GOAT.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m a Bron fan he’s my G.O.A.T.

Objectively I can say Michael is the greatest based off his accolades and impact

It’s the same shyt in rap

It is NOT the same in rap. This is why a lot of sports and rap analogies do not work. Rap is music and a lot of people connect with music based on what they feel. Ask someone why Pac is GOAT and it will differ from the opinion of someone who feels Jay is the GOAT. Neither is wrong and neither is right. It is an opinion based on differing criteria.