It's about to be 2021, can we all agree Jay is the greatest?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Jay-Z made nikkas care about a Jay Electronica album.

I don’t know why y’all keep bringing up that album anyway. The only reason it’s in OP is to show Jay melting the mic at 50.
Did they really care tho? Where's the relevance? Where's the impact? lol
You brought it up first, maybe you should have brought up the other music Jay put out this year as well. That Pharrell record he did a feature on didn't do much either. lol
If there is a 8 minutes song featuring all the lyrics you stole from your peers I don't think you can be the GOAT. That's just me. :manny:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I’m saying PAC is bigger than rap, everyone knows him lmao. Nip and Pop moreso Nip hold more weight with Americans, and Idek if he did or didn’t I wasn’t alive and I don’t think u were think
Pac died.

Dead rappers get better promotion.

Jay surpassed Pac’s influence and has him beat in longevity.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nah, this old nikka logic. Lil Baby’s album is the most impactful of the year and is a very good versatile project top to bottom.

Nas going up against Royce da fukking 5’9 and some reality TV show industry plant rapper named D-Smoke ain’t wavy, respectfully that’s not a representation of hip-hop in 2020.

The rest of this post is irrelevant super saiyan Nas stan logic.

Keep talking about Jay Electronica album when Jay-Z last solo was a critically acclaimed, Platinum album. :umad:
stan logic?

nothing but facts

Jay been following Nas for years not the other way around. all my examples are REAL LIFE shyt. you can be mad but you can't dispute them.

:umad:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Did they really care tho? Where's the relevance? Where's the impact? lol
You brought it up first, maybe you should have brought up the other music Jay put out this year as well. That Pharrell record he did a feature on didn't do much either. lol
If there is a 8 minutes song featuring all the lyrics you stole from your peers I don't think you can be the GOAT. That's just me. :manny:
Idk what to tell you if you think a bar heavy NOI album by Jay Electronica, whose album is 10 years late was supposed to do all these numbers.

When Jay drops show stopping verses y’all quiet :lolbron:

Nikkas reaching at Jay interpolating and flipping bars that’s hip-hop and he did that with his man Biggie. U know damn well Jay catalog is mostly original.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If there's a G.O.A.T. it's Jay-Z. He checks off all the boxes the skill, longevity, influence, classics, sales. I know who ever your G.O.A.T. isn't getting the treatment in 2020 that Jay-Z is and that's telling.

Sometimes people have to be objective.

Because of objectivity is why there will never be a GOAT that everyone agrees with. It doesn't matter how many boxes they check off, it isn't going to make a difference. He's one of the GOATs, which means he has a legit argument for being GOAT and at this juncture, that is about all that can be nearly universally agreed upon.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Because of objectivity is why there will never be a GOAT that everyone agrees with. It doesn't matter how many boxes they check off, it isn't going to make a difference. He's one of the GOATs, which means he has a legit argument for being GOAT and at this juncture, that is about all that can be nearly universally agreed upon.
full

:umad:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Breh, you're the one doing all the juelzing. You're doing a poor job defending your point without contradicting yourself. You're in here talking about music making an impact, but then bring up Jay Z/Jay Elect album. Then you want to dismiss the Grammys, but use it to prop the argument that said album made an impact. Juelzing at its finest.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
"Objective" :mjlol:

Can we finally put this to bed please? There is no objective criteria for what makes the GOAT--everyone comes at it from their own perspective
Why cant you be objective tho? I think most of us agree MJ is the goat basketball player right? That doesn’t mean he’s your favorite tho

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Breh, you're the one doing all the juelzing. You're doing a poor job defending your point without contradicting yourself. You're in here talking about music making an impact, but then bring up Jay Z/Jay Elect album. Then you want to dismiss the Grammys, but use it to prop the argument that said album made an impact. Juelzing at its finest.
Electron and Nas album made about the same impact

Nas only moved about 15,000 more copies and had way more features from the likes of Durk, Ferg, Big Sean, Don Toliver, Fivi

Nas had a blatant hit attempt with Spicy. Electron album was him and Hov on some tracks with no type of mainstream attempts.

U allergic to context I ain’t juelzing

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Idk what to tell you if you think a bar heavy NOI album by Jay Electronica, whose album is 10 years late was supposed to do all these numbers.

When Jay drops show stopping verses y’all quiet :lolbron:

Nikkas reaching at Jay interpolating and flipping bars that’s hip-hop and he did that with his man Biggie. U know damn well Jay catalog is mostly original.

It features Jay heavily why not?
'Show stopping verses' is the definition of subjective criteria.
Jay Z interpolates and flips bars more than anyone in the GOAT conversation. So Pac, BIG, Nas, Snoop, etc. catalogs are even more original.