Italian prosecutors find that Dior only pays $57 to produce luxury bags that sell for $2780

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
Biggest grifting industry of all-time.

No useful products whatsoever.

You're literally buying a name and their markup.

Chevron's Market Cap is $285 Billion
Toyota's Market Cap is $278 Billion
Coca Cola's Market Cap is $272 Billion

Louis Vuitton's Market Cap is $385 Billion.

Do you know how stupid that is?

If anything, this provides a real expensive psychological study.

That not technically true. The company that owns LV has a higher market cap. Saying LVs market cap is higher than Coke's because LVMH has higher marCap higher is like saying YUM Brands has a higher market cap than chipotle therefore Taco Bell has higher market cap.

LVMH is a holding corp that outright owns or has a large stake in 30+ Fashion and Liquor companies including

Hennessey
Most
Belvedere
30% of Hermes
Givenchy
Marc Jacobs
Dior
Sephora (the retail chain)
Fenty (the Rhianna brand)

Louis Vuitton is just one of the Jewels in the crown, it doesn't represent even a large minority of the pie.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
That not technically true. The company that owns LV has a higher market cap. Saying LVs market cap is higher than Coke's because LVMH has higher marCap higher is like saying YUM Brands has a higher market cap than chipotle therefore Taco Bell has higher market cap.

LVMH is a holding corp that outright owns or has a large stake in 30+ Fashion and Liquor companies including

Hennessey
Most
Belvedere
30% of Hermes
Givenchy
Marc Jacobs
Dior
Sephora (the retail chain)
Fenty (the Rhianna brand)

Louis Vuitton is just one of the Jewels in the crown, it doesn't represent even a large minority of the pie.
Almost all that stuff is the same thing/concept though, just designer bs that has no real world use case. It's like 85% glam and not even better whatsoever than the cheaper stuff. None of that stuff makes the world better whatsoever. Something like Toyota is actually useful.

I also understand market cap isn't the entire story, but I'm just pointing out how much money is dumped into that company/money it pulls in.

Last edited:

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
Good, I’ll be using this when some fashion head hits me with “it’s the quality” when defending designer brand prices.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
What's the markup percentage formula? Sales price minus unit cost, divide the answer by the unit cost and multiply that answer by a hunnid?

2,780-57 = 2,723/57 = 47.77x100 = 4,777%

:jbhmm::jbhmm::jbhmm:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
But ain’t yall 6 figga nikkas buying AMGS and mini mansions :russ:
Y’all pocket watching nikkas so see through
Y’all get on here brag about all types of shyt
Then turn Malcolm when articles come out like this
Making the racist crackers rich
While working for a white man or nonblack
Your clothes(unless you make them) are making cacs rich
The food you buy from their grocery stores
The television or entertainment you consume
It’s all the same shyt:dead:
I will die on this hill
This forum is a Madtv Skit mixed with In Living Color with sprinkles of prime SNL Eddie Murphy:dead:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought this was common knowledge.

I have aged out of this,but back in the 2000s,I spent insane amounts of money on high end Italian designer clothing,only to realize as I got older,a nice shirt is a nice shirt.

Alotta of y'all have NEVER been fly tho,so when you speak on these things it comes from a dark cold place in your heart.
I’m ashamed to say how much I’ve spent on clothes in the last 7/8 years. Slowed down now

Crazy thing is I look great in most things, even cheap clothes. shyt makes no difference if it fit right

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Be surprised you pay more for something off the market. It’s like finalizing realizing eggs can be free if you own hens brehs.